View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Whole new tin of spam

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Re: Whole new tin of spam

Postby SydneyPSIder » 31 Mar 2014, 08:14

You didn't address trolling for some reason, Justin.
SydneyPSIder

Postby Arouet » 01 Apr 2014, 21:08

SydneyPSIder wrote:You didn't address trolling for some reason, Justin.

I think justin realises that with him its not difficult to tell whether he is trolling or legit.
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 02 Apr 2014, 09:11

justintime wrote: But one mans troller is another mans literary artist exercising his poetic license. I must belong to the latter.

You've got your moments to be sure! Some of your stuff really does make me smile, if not LOL. However, an artist such as yourself should wary of repetition. You are at your best when coming up with new material.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Apr 2014, 07:23

:shock:
WTF Justin??????????????????????????????? You're worse than the UK Cut me a damned break with the spam guys.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Apr 2014, 03:54

I just love that I can make up nonsense words like Spamalamadingdong that auto correct for Cut me a damned break with the spam. :lol:

Oh, and if you'd like more information on these UK k itchens, I'll be glad to forward them your email addy. ;)
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 16 Apr 2014, 18:39

Why do I get the feeling the site is being deliberately flooded with a slew of rubbish posts?
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Apr 2014, 05:03

SydneyPSIder wrote:Why do I get the feeling the site is being deliberately flooded with a slew of rubbish posts?

Aside from Mabus and the UK Cut me a damned break with the spam guy, it's been quiet since Justintime got his ass booted off.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 12 Oct 2014, 03:42

Hey check this out. The phpbb support staff told me how to make a humanizer question that can't be Google searched by a spam bot, to eliminate spam. Why didn't I think of this before?

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p13746401

I didn't know that spam bots used Google to search for the answer to humanizer questions. That's kind of scary. It's like a step toward artificial intelligence. If spam bots have artificial intelligence someday, there will be no stopping them.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 12 Oct 2014, 04:10

Ok done. I created a couple of humanizer questions on the registration page that are not searchable on Google. Hopefully that will stop the spam and reduce Ninjapuppy's workload. Let me know if that helps dear. :)
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Oct 2014, 06:16

Thanks, darlin'.

The new members grow in leaps and bounds and it's all jibberish.
NinjaPuppy

air max pas cher and if that is good and if that

Postby jordanss123 » 01 Mar 2017, 20:20

Digital Photography Is A Necessity,air max pas cher
For my recent book, "Building a PC for Beginners" I would have to supply more photos than I ever had for a project. My initial estimate was for somewhere around 100 illustrations. By the time I was done,air max pas cher, the number would balloon to 155. The book only had 128 pages. For the first time in my life,air max pas cher, a book I did would have more photography than text.
This did not particularly faze me. Actually, I love taking pictures, and consider 35mm film to be an art medium, much the same as paint and canvas. While I am no great practitioner of the craft, I feel myself competent to illustrate magazine pieces I've done, always giving editors a good supply of shots to select from.
But the number of photos this would require worried me. You see,air max pas cher, this wouldn't be a matter of just taking 155 photographs. That would only be 5 or 6 rolls of film. When you look at a book,air max pas cher, or magazine article, for every picture used, dozens are culled. Some photographers consider getting 4 keepers out of 100 exposures to be a good ratio.
Now,air max pas cher, that's general magazine photography. Illustrating a how-to book is much more efficient, because all the shots are posed, and the lighting is controlled. If you bracket your shots for safety's sake, and do each shot from at least two angles, you'll probably get a usable picture. That would mean shooting at a 6 to 1 ratio.
A little math led me to a frightening conclusion. 100 photos in the book would mean 600 exposures. That means 17 rolls of film at $5 a roll. Getting local processing, so I know my negatives won't be scratched, is $12 a roll. That adds up to $289.
But,air max pas cher, of course, that wouldn't have been the actual bill. To get the 155 pictures I used would have necessitated 930 exposures at a 6 to 1 ratio. That would have me laying out $442 dollars for filmstock and processing.
Like most other folks who write,air max pas cher, I've accepted that the wordsmith's life requires a vow of poverty. Actually, with me it has required a second job. The idea of spending hundreds of dollars on a book I hadn't yet sold was worrisome. I felt I was sure to get it back, but I didn't know how long it would take. Plus,air max pas cher, I really wanted to maximize my profit on this project.
In my heart, I knew what that would lead to. I'd shoot less film, and run more risk of not getting a good shot. I'd lower my standards for some of the pictures I selected,air max pas cher, and quite possibly run the quality of the whole project down. My finished work might be unpublishable. As we all know, even if the quality of our prose sparkles, bad photos will kill a sale.
Lower quality was unacceptable. This was a how-to book. Pictures had to be sharp, and show the reader exactly how each step should be performed. Further,air max pas cher, I didn't want to reduce the overall number of pictures because of the subject matter. Building a computer for the first time is a daunting proposition for most people. I wanted no uncertainty in the reader's mind. More pictures meant more security for that first time builder, and less doubt as to whether they could finish the project.
Also, if the book looked easy to follow,air max pas cher, there was a better chance of them carrying it up to the cash register, and plunking down some bucks. Think about it. What do you do when you go browsing through a bookstore? I bet you look at the front and back cover of a book,air max pas cher, read the flap copy, and if that is good, read the first page. If both jobs are done well,air max pas cher, there's a good chance you'll buy the book. If one or the other is suspect, then you'll probably put it back on the shelf.
My writing may not win any awards,air max pas cher, but I can tell how to connect part A to part B as good as the next fellow. Photography would make or break the project. I needed to find a way to do the job right,air max pas cher, at a price I could afford.
Of course,air max pas cher, the answer was fairly obvious. I needed to get a digital camera. Previously, I'd thought of buying one, but they seemed terribly expensive for cameras that I saw as having a limited capability. To my mind, they were a rich person's toy,air max pas cher, a glorified snapshot camera that could never give the results of film. Furthermore, they seemed fragile,air max pas cher, with complicated circuitry,air max pas cher, lenses depending on servos, and batteries that were drained after 50 shots.
I was tired of buying gadgets that broke down and had to be fixed. Computer repair is no problem for me, but cameras are a different world. If it went bad, all I'd be able to do is take it back to the store.
Perhaps,air max pas cher, I'd never have "gone digital", were it not for one additional advantage these cameras would give me. If the shot was good,air max pas cher, I'd know it right then. There'd be no waiting for film to come back from the lab. Through foul experience,air max pas cher, I knew that even with bracketing my shots,air max pas cher, and covering each step from two angles, mistakes could happen. An important part of the procedure might be blocked by someone's hand. A shiny surface might create a "hotspot" that would go unnoticed until too late.

nike air max 90 sneakers t&eacute t&eacute

nike air max 2015 pas cher grer votre information sur la couverture m&eacute

air max sneakers all adults all adults

air max blanche 2016 des automates.les autres japonais des automates.les autre

air max 1 pas cher tude tude

air max nike noir faire dans l'apr&egrave faire

air max essential beige b&eacute b&eacute

nike air max nouvelle collection 2015 s bien fait s bien fait

nike air max marron es pour cr&eacute es pour cr&e

air max sneakers s &agrave s &agrave

nike air max cuir

air nike par cons&eacute par cons&eacute