View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 21:45

Craig Browning wrote:ID/Creationism AREN'T the same thing as the various "Paranormal" topics and Conspiracy elements any of us bring to the table here.


The reason why you think that is what I'm trying to determine.

It obviously never came up because NO ONE HERE thought it was important and thus, a BIG WASTE OF TIME.


Again, the reason why that is is what I am trying to determine. What is it about Intelligent Design that the SCEPCOP people feel is so different?

Well that's what I'm really trying to determine, he doesn't even mention it but mentioned all other fringe claims and "alternative science". This seems rather strange since if Winston believes in something usually he will start defending it or start posting claims of their's, such as defending Richard Gage or Uri Geller or David Icke. He does however argue against Christianity, which is what you can see Craig do earlier.


U-Oh! You're tipping your hand there... again...

Why do you keep bringing up the misconception that I am anti-christian. I'm Not Anti-Christian, I'm anti-church... BIG DIFFERENCE!

I didnt say you were anti-Christian, I said you were arguing against Christianity.

JC didn't encourage building huge expensive money laundering, government meddling institutions, quite to the contrary. He loathed all acts of violence EXCEPT when it came to defending the idea of sanctity in places of worship and yet the very organization built around him is guilty of defiling more religious sites on this planet than any government or military.


You were also not making anti-church arguments earlier in the thread, this is irrelevant.


The Problem Here is that you are once again, expressing "concern" over this "anti-Christian" attitude some have expressed and like most BACs, you are distinguishing the difference between those that are anti-church/against all forms of organized faith vs. those that are actually against what JC (in this case) taught (vs. what Paul promoted... two very different things).


http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Debunk ... ntents.htm

Most of these are not anti-church arguments, they are arguing against the veracity of Christianity and the Bible itself.

When it comes to Uri... have you ever met the man or spoken to him? I have. I won't say that I know him as a "friend" but I do know the man and I will tell you that he's as honest as the day is long and probably one of the most gracious people you'll lever meet. I can't say that about all "Psychics" but Uri IS a true gent and he uses his demonstrations as a means by which to teach people how to claim their own power in life and thus, improve their perspective in ways that are healing.


I do not what to debate whether what Uri does is is valid, not just because I saw ridiculous defences of him in this forum, but because I want to know what is so different between stuff like Uri Geller and Intelligent Design. How can you continually miss my point?

Like all of us here Winston has his own points of view with things along side a priority list as to what's important to him. I'd think it obvious by this point that "Pseudo-Intelligent Design"/Creationism" isn't on that priority list... I'd think, given the length of this thread, a blind person could make out that reality using their cane, so why can't you? Why can't you respect his answer, let alone the other in-put that's been given in address to your inquiry?


I do not respect his answer as to me its clearly just him trying to get away from having to explain just why he rejects Intelligent Design but doesn't reject free energy or homeopathy or astrology or ... you get the idea... or maybe you still don't. I dont know how to be clearer about this, maybe the lack of an answer is my answer.
Last edited by Edx on 13 Jul 2010, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21






Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 22:14

Edx wrote:I do not respect his answer as to me its clearly just him trying to get away from having to explain just why he rejects Intelligent Design but doesn't reject free energy or homeopathy or astrology or ... you get the idea... or maybe you still don't. I dont know how to be clearer about this, maybe the lack of an answer is my answer.

I get the idea. I'm sure that everyone else here 'gets it' too.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 22:18

NinjaPuppy wrote:I get the idea. I'm sure that everyone else here 'gets it' too.


Strange then that I cant get an answer or anything anywhere near approaching one.

The only two options I can see is that you either still don't really understand what I'm saying, or you're being obtuse.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 22:37

Edx wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:I get the idea. I'm sure that everyone else here 'gets it' too.


Strange then that I cant get an answer or anything anywhere near approaching one.

The only two options I can see is that you either still don't really understand what I'm saying, or you're being obtuse.

Obtuse is such a nasty word in this particular scenario. You have received numerous answers. The fact that you personally don't like any of them seems to be the problem.

What can I tell you??? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 23:07

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Edx wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:I get the idea. I'm sure that everyone else here 'gets it' too.


Strange then that I cant get an answer or anything anywhere near approaching one.

The only two options I can see is that you either still don't really understand what I'm saying, or you're being obtuse.

Obtuse is such a nasty word in this particular scenario. You have received numerous answers. The fact that you personally don't like any of them seems to be the problem.

What can I tell you??? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.


i have received answers to questions I didnt ask.

When has anyone told me what is so different about Intelligent Design compared to stuff like crystal healing, homeopathy, psychics, free energy, etc? They haven't, they've just tried real hard to not have to.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby ProfWag » 14 Jul 2010, 00:31

Edx wrote:i have received answers to questions I didnt ask.

When has anyone told me what is so different about Intelligent Design compared to stuff like crystal healing, homeopathy, psychics, free energy, etc? They haven't, they've just tried real hard to not have to.

Perhaps what is confusing everyone is the name of your thread. You're asking "Why no CREATIONISM forum?" The "forum" is the "Scientific Committee to Evaluate Pseudoskeptical Criticism of the Paranormal." Within this forum there are "Boards" one of which, includes, "Relgion/Theology." Under the "Boards" there are topics and threads. Creationism would fit into that last one. So, if you're asking why no one has started a topic on "Creationism" then the answer is--cause no one has yet. Why don't you?
Now, if you're wanting to know why SCEPCOP doesn't endorse creationism or intelligent design or whatever, then you should start a thread an ask for inputs, but the topic of this thread is Why no CREATIONISM forum? which, discussing if SCEPCOP endorses 9/11 but not intelligent design, I don't think would fall under this topic.
However, having said that, I must admit that I'm a little confused about the whole thing...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Jul 2010, 02:08

Edx wrote:i have received answers to questions I didnt ask.

In the immortal words of the 'Rolling Stones'.... "You can't always get what you want".

Edx wrote:When has anyone told me what is so different about Intelligent Design compared to stuff like crystal healing, homeopathy, psychics, free energy, etc? They haven't, they've just tried real hard to not have to.

Nah, I don't think that anyone here has tried real hard to not have to....they're probably just ignoring you.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 14 Jul 2010, 05:26

ProfWag wrote:
Edx wrote:i have received answers to questions I didnt ask.

When has anyone told me what is so different about Intelligent Design compared to stuff like crystal healing, homeopathy, psychics, free energy, etc? They haven't, they've just tried real hard to not have to.

Perhaps what is confusing everyone is the name of your thread. You're asking "Why no CREATIONISM forum?" The "forum" is the "Scientific Committee to Evaluate Pseudoskeptical Criticism of the Paranormal." Within this forum there are "Boards" one of which, includes, "Relgion/Theology." Under the "Boards" there are topics and threads.


Yes, I do understand. The reason I was asking why no Creationism forum is because Winston seems to have a dedicated forum to promote everything else. My point is, why not Creationism? What is it about Creationism and Intelligent Design that is so much more wrong than free energy, or homeopathy?

Creationism would fit into that last one.


Not really, since they claim its science not religion. The point is that I want to know why Winston does not consider Intelligent Design science, and if he does why doesn't he promote or defend it it like he does free energy and all the other stuff he does? Or, is Creationism/Intelligent Design the only thing he agrees with Randi about?

Now, if you're wanting to know why SCEPCOP doesn't endorse creationism or intelligent design or whatever, then you should start a thread an ask for inputs, but the topic of this thread is Why no CREATIONISM forum? which, discussing if SCEPCOP endorses 9/11 but not intelligent design, I don't think would fall under this topic.
However, having said that, I must admit that I'm a little confused about the whole thing...


I was trying to make a point (albeit a rather sarcastic one) by asking why no Creationism forum by making the point above, I see that this apparently confused some people but I think my point is quite clear now.
Last edited by Edx on 14 Jul 2010, 07:13, edited 2 times in total.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 14 Jul 2010, 05:27

NinjaPuppy wrote:Nah, I don't think that anyone here has tried real hard to not have to....they're probably just ignoring you.


Ignoring me would require not replying to me, as you can see Winston and Craig have both replied to me.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby ProfWag » 14 Jul 2010, 05:33

Edx wrote:
I was trying to make a point (albeit a rather sarcastic one) by asking why no Creationism forum by making the point above, I see that this apparently confused some people but I think my point is quite clearly now.

Thanks. It's a bit clearer for me. I think I"ll wait until I see something that specifically addresses creationism/ID then.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Craig Browning » 14 Jul 2010, 21:31

Cheese & Rice! Why is it so freak'n important that "Winston" personally create such a thread of discussion?

Get off your holier than thou place and POST THE TOPIC yourself! But for Christ's sake, stop with this merri-go-round ride of yours. This is so asinine! I'm not just surprised that I've allowed my own participation to go this far without blowing a gasket, I'm amazed by the patience expressed by everyone else that have constantly given you answers and even attempted to explain things at exceptionally elementary school comprehension levels to you, so you could "Understand"... I'm beginning to believe you don't want to understand or accept anything. You simply want to get attention so you are drawing things out as far as you can.

Grow the F*(&^ Up!
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 16 Jul 2010, 05:56

Craig Browning wrote:Cheese & Rice! Why is it so freak'n important that "Winston" personally create such a thread of discussion?

Get off your holier than thou place and POST THE TOPIC yourself! But for Christ's sake, stop with this merri-go-round ride of yours.


Oh look you still dont understand the simple point, apparently ProfWag gets it now but you still stuck. Oh well, whether it intentional or not its clear no one that subscribes to Winstons SCEPCOP will, or can, give any answer, so I guess I have it. :geek:
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Craig Browning » 16 Jul 2010, 21:57

Edx wrote:
Craig Browning wrote:Cheese & Rice! Why is it so freak'n important that "Winston" personally create such a thread of discussion?

Get off your holier than thou place and POST THE TOPIC yourself! But for Christ's sake, stop with this merri-go-round ride of yours.


Oh look you still dont understand the simple point, apparently ProfWag gets it now but you still stuck. Oh well, whether it intentional or not its clear no one that subscribes to Winstons SCEPCOP will, or can, give any answer, so I guess I have it. :geek:


:o What was it I said about elementary school levels? This obvious display of immaturity echoes the fact that you're just trying to play games and present yourself as being "more" than you are. There's nothing to "get" other than your nit-picking and 8 pages of chain yanking.

As I said previously GROW UP!
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 16 Jul 2010, 22:19

Craig Browning wrote:
Edx wrote:
Craig Browning wrote:Cheese & Rice! Why is it so freak'n important that "Winston" personally create such a thread of discussion?

Get off your holier than thou place and POST THE TOPIC yourself! But for Christ's sake, stop with this merri-go-round ride of yours.


Oh look you still dont understand the simple point, apparently ProfWag gets it now but you still stuck. Oh well, whether it intentional or not its clear no one that subscribes to Winstons SCEPCOP will, or can, give any answer, so I guess I have it. :geek:


:o What was it I said about elementary school levels? This obvious display of immaturity echoes the fact that you're just trying to play games and present yourself as being "more" than you are. There's nothing to "get" other than your nit-picking and 8 pages of chain yanking.

As I said previously GROW UP!


Im not being immature, im being serious. The fact that this question is apparently so difficult you dont understand it tells me everything I need to know. Its a very serious question as it gets the the heart of fact that Winstons "SCEPCOP" is nothing more than him promoting and defending all the claims he personally wants to believe in and arbitrarily rejecting everything he doesn't under the claim that he is a real skeptic and everyone who doesnt believe his claims are "pseudoskeptics" but cannot explain why he rejectes some claims and not others.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby ProfWag » 17 Jul 2010, 00:05

Edx wrote:Im not being immature, im being serious. The fact that this question is apparently so difficult you dont understand it tells me everything I need to know. Its a very serious question as it gets the the heart of fact that Winstons "SCEPCOP" is nothing more than him promoting and defending all the claims he personally wants to believe in and arbitrarily rejecting everything he doesn't under the claim that he is a real skeptic and everyone who doesnt believe his claims are "pseudoskeptics" but cannot explain why he rejectes some claims and not others.

Now why in the hell didn't you just say that to begin with! :-)
I totally agree though and his bias is grossly one-sided. I posted a news article several months about a town that is offering $1 million to anyone who can prove its existance and I was immediately beaten down and made fun of because he said it obviously was a hoax.
In part, his reply was:
"And of course, plenty of people have experienced psychics and psychic phenomena firsthand. Can't say the same for mermaids.
This is all so obvious, so why do you even have to ask? Obviously you lack the ability to connect simple dots, something that is common in pseudo-skeptics. And you have a strong bias against the existence of them."
Here's the link to the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=316&hilit=mermaid
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions / Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest