View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby ProfWag » 13 Jul 2010, 03:38

NinjaPuppy wrote:[And I tell you my reason... because some topics are interesting and some aren't. This is an Internet forum, chock full of assorted topics and subject material that is interesting to some people and believe it or not, possibly not interesting to some people.

Please refer to Winston's topic on his Irritable Bowel Syndrome for examples of topics that are interesting...or possibly not interesting...to some people...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54






Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 03:41

ProfWag wrote:Please refer to Winston's topic on his Irritable Bowel Syndrome for examples of topics that are interesting...or possibly not interesting...to some people...

Thank you for finding excellent proof to back up my statement. :roll:
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 03:45

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Edx wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:To answer the first part of your question: Because it's interesting.
To answer the second part of your question: Because it's not interesting.


Please elaborate as this doesnt make any sense.

Obviously. Neither does your asking the original question when you say that you don't care to discuss the topic that you are pointing out yet you seem to really want to discuss it.


I've been very clear about my point.

Its not about debating Intelligent Design itself, apparently we all agree its nonsense. Its why Winston and this website doesnt defend and promote it but will every other kind of claim, examples of which I have already given. I'm merely asking why, as to me it sounds like hypocrisy.

SCEPCOP gave you his reasons. Here is his post:


I responded to it, did you miss it?

Then you ask for other opinions:
Why does this forum/group/Winston really care about "science" when it comes to something like Intelligent Design but completely ignore it when it comes to those other subjects?

And I tell you my reason...


Finally...

because some topics are interesting and some aren't. Craig has given you his feelings on the subject as well. What more do you want?


Yes Craig has said he doesnt accept it, does Winston accept Intelligent Design? I imagine he doesn't since he has argued against Christianity before and he has nothing on this website about it. Why is that?

Why is Intelligent Design wrong but homeopathy right? Why is Intelligtent Design wrong, but free energy right? Why is Intelligent Design wrong, but Richard Gage's 911 CT's right?

Do you actually understand my argument yet?

If YOU want to discuss ID vs. Creationism, go for it. If, as you claim that you don't want to actually discuss it, then I suggest you make your opinion or real feelings known because this beating around the bush is very awkward and I'm running out of popcorn.


Im discussing it right now, but the argument is not the validity of Intelligent design I dont believe it and neither does this website, group or Winston apparently. My entire point is WHY NOT, compared to the other claims that ARE promoted and defended.

Im running out of ideas on how to be clearer than this.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 03:56

Whos on first, whats on second and obviously Intelligent Design is on third.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 04:15

NinjaPuppy wrote:Whos on first, whats on second and obviously Intelligent Design is on third.


... this again doesn't make any sense to me...
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 04:21

Edx wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:Whos on first, whats on second and obviously Intelligent Design is on third.


... this again doesn't make any sense to me...

You may be too young to understand it.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 04:30

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Edx wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:Whos on first, whats on second and obviously Intelligent Design is on third.


... this again doesn't make any sense to me...

You may be too young to understand it.


Uh huh... So I take it by this non-answer to my post or my question that you don't really have an answer as to why Intelligent Design is left out of this website?
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 04:38

Edx wrote:Uh huh... So I take it by this non-answer to my post or my question that you don't really have an answer as to why Intelligent Design is left out of this website?

I gave you my answer. I personally don't find ID interesting enough to discuss it. I am making the assumption that others also don't think it's as interesting a topic as Conspiricies, UFOs or 911.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 04:43

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Edx wrote:Uh huh... So I take it by this non-answer to my post or my question that you don't really have an answer as to why Intelligent Design is left out of this website?

I gave you my answer. I personally don't find ID interesting enough to discuss it. I am making the assumption that others also don't think it's as interesting a topic as Conspiricies, UFOs or 911.



Saying something isn't interesting for you is irrelevant.

Its not an answer as to why the people that agree with Winston's views that Intelligent Design is wrong but all these other claims I mentioned earlier are just fine. Again, what makes Intelligent Design so different to those? THAT is the question.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 05:09

Edx wrote:Saying something isn't interesting for you is irrelevant.

Like heck it's 'irrelevant'.

Edx wrote:Its not an answer as to why the people that agree with Winston's views that Intelligent Design is wrong but all these other claims I mentioned earlier are just fine.

Who says that ALL these other claims you mention are just fine? YOU? I agree with much of the topic material and subject matter here. I discuss the topics that INTEREST ME. I do take the time to do a bit of research on topics that I know very little about. I also like to think that I keep an open mind on things. Especially things that have little or no proof one way or another.
Edx wrote:Again, what makes Intelligent Design so different to those? THAT is the question.

There is no difference between discussing one topic or another. First and foremost, they are topics and around here topics can range from UFOs, to IBS.

The forum was laid out with numerous topic headers that SCEPCOP thought might be interesting to like minded people to jumpstart the coversations here. He specifically left room for any related topic to be added at any member's request.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby ProfWag » 13 Jul 2010, 05:12

Has Winston actually come out and said that Intelligent Design is wrong or right? Or that we were created rather than banged? Or, does anyone really care what Winston thinks about....anything?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 05:17

ProfWag wrote:Has Winston actually come out and said that Intelligent Design is wrong or right? Or that we were created rather than banged? Or, does anyone really care what Winston thinks about....anything?

Good question. Since Edx seems to want to know exactly what Winston thinks about ID, only Winston can answer his question. I'd also like to know why it's so important for Edx to know what Winston thinks about ID vs. Creationism but then again, both of those topics are not relative to my interests, so I will bow out now.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 05:19

ProfWag wrote:Has Winston actually come out and said that Intelligent Design is wrong or right? Or that we were created rather than banged?


Well that's what I'm really trying to determine, he doesn't even mention it but mentioned all other fringe claims and "alternative science". This seems rather strange since if Winston believes in something usually he will start defending it or start posting claims of their's, such as defending Richard Gage or Uri Geller or David Icke. He does however argue against Christianity, which is what you can see Craig do earlier.

So I want to know if Winston thinks Intelligent Design has something to it, why doesn't he promote or defend it? And if he doesn't, what is it about Intelligent Design that is so much more wrong that anything else he promotes? Or, is the fact of Creationism being nonsense the only thing he agrees with Randi about?

Or, does anyone really care what Winston thinks about....anything?


Winston created this website and this forum, he decided on the forum topics and has posted most of the content on it (just look at all the new topics he posts). I guess then my question is really to him and all that agree with this bizzare "debunking skeptics" concept he has. As far as I can see its a internally contradictory, arbitrary stance for him to take if he doesn't also promote Intelligent Design along with all these other claims.
Last edited by Edx on 13 Jul 2010, 05:24, edited 6 times in total.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 05:20

NinjaPuppy wrote:I'd also like to know why it's so important for Edx to know what Winston thinks about ID vs. Creationism


Copy/pasting what I said before:

Why, in a forum/group/Winston that promotes and defends 911 conspiracies, free energy, homeopathy, UFO's, Uri Geller, Illuminati, David Icke, Metaphysics, Cryptozoology, Astrology and so on and so on does not also promote and defend something like Intelligent Design or even Creationism?

Can you explain what makes Intelligent Design so different?


Why is this question so difficult to understand?
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Craig Browning » 13 Jul 2010, 18:38

Edx... I'm sorry, but you're being a putz.

ID/Creationism AREN'T the same thing as the various "Paranormal" topics and Conspiracy elements any of us bring to the table here. It obviously never came up because NO ONE HERE thought it was important and thus, a BIG WASTE OF TIME.

Well that's what I'm really trying to determine, he doesn't even mention it but mentioned all other fringe claims and "alternative science". This seems rather strange since if Winston believes in something usually he will start defending it or start posting claims of their's, such as defending Richard Gage or Uri Geller or David Icke. He does however argue against Christianity, which is what you can see Craig do earlier.


U-Oh! You're tipping your hand there... again...

Why do you keep bringing up the misconception that I am anti-christian. I'm Not Anti-Christian, I'm anti-church... BIG DIFFERENCE! JC didn't encourage building huge expensive money laundering, government meddling institutions, quite to the contrary. He loathed all acts of violence EXCEPT when it came to defending the idea of sanctity in places of worship and yet the very organization built around him is guilty of defiling more religious sites on this planet than any government or military.

The Problem Here is that you are once again, expressing "concern" over this "anti-Christian" attitude some have expressed and like most BACs, you are distinguishing the difference between those that are anti-church/against all forms of organized faith vs. those that are actually against what JC (in this case) taught (vs. what Paul promoted... two very different things).

When it comes to Uri... have you ever met the man or spoken to him? I have. I won't say that I know him as a "friend" but I do know the man and I will tell you that he's as honest as the day is long and probably one of the most gracious people you'll lever meet. I can't say that about all "Psychics" but Uri IS a true gent and he uses his demonstrations as a means by which to teach people how to claim their own power in life and thus, improve their perspective in ways that are healing.

Like all of us here Winston has his own points of view with things along side a priority list as to what's important to him. I'd think it obvious by this point that "Pseudo-Intelligent Design"/Creationism" isn't on that priority list... I'd think, given the length of this thread, a blind person could make out that reality using their cane, so why can't you? Why can't you respect his answer, let alone the other in-put that's been given in address to your inquiry?

As I've intimated previously, I'm really starting to believe that you only want to stir the hornet's nest.
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions / Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest