View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Craig Browning » 10 Jul 2010, 21:44

really? wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:
fall down the rabbit hole It comes from Alice in Wonderland where she fell down the Rabbit Hole into some bizarre shit. Therefore, it is commonly used as an expression or euphemism for a portal to a bizarre world of significantly strange happenings and extremely surreal situations, etc.

There are many instances where truth is stranger than fiction. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.


Check out David Icke's forum to see what fringe people it attracts.
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18


:lol: :lol: :lol: I joined that group for a short while just to take their pulse (so to speak)... I got to where I became physically nauseated by the abundant "ignorance" that was being expressed. Icke, on many levels, is exploiting the existing paranoia many people "suffer" from; especially the whole global conspiracy angles we've all read about since the end of WWII (which is where many of these things actually became a major part of public conversation. Granted, certain conspiracy issues such as the famed Knights Templar and Church Corruption have gone on for centuries if not millennia).

I give the man credit for being "Intelligent" in that he does bring out points that we all really should contemplate. Like all zealots however, he takes such things too far and makes them a parody.
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA






Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 11 Jul 2010, 00:29

Craig Browning wrote:
Edx wrote:Well I gave an example of how Winston defends similar Creationist arguments simply because they are being made by people he agrees with, eg 911 Truthers. Yet when it comes to Creationism he arbitrarily decides that they are full of crap. I mean seriously how can someone endorse David Icke and not Intelligent Design?


Probably because Icke is at least "Intelligent" vs. "the design" theory :lol:


David Icke is actually far more insane that Intelligent Design. I'm saying Intelligent Design because that is a much more watered down Creationist argument. I'd hate to sound like I'm defending Intelligent Design but compared to Icke its brilliant.

So, as I asked before, which flavor of Creationism are we to discuss if we were to create a side forum dealing with this obviously deep and wide theme?


And what flavour of new age belief is promoted here? Oh yes, there's all kinds and everyone beliefs are valid isn't that right? Anyway Creationism is besides the point. Intelligent Design, as an argument, is not related to a specific deity in a specific religion. Sure while most of its proponents are born again Christians there is nothing in its literature or arguments themselves that refer to a specific religion, they've done that on purpose you see. The point being that any one of the new agers could just as easily decide that along with their healing crystals, homeopathy and dowsing that they will now believe in an Intelligent Design of the universe. Maybe they will decide that the earth is alive and concious, Intelligent Design certainly fits that particular nonsense. So, just imagine its not mostly Christian fundamentalists promoting Intelligent Design and imagine its one of the people who's beliefs match the kinds of beliefs promoted and defended on this website by people like Wu - why THEN should Intelligent Design also not also be promoted and defended? Because I cant see how someone like Wu can be so critical of Intelligent Design and yet promote all that other stuff at the same time.
Last edited by Edx on 11 Jul 2010, 00:54, edited 2 times in total.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Jul 2010, 00:48

Craig Browning wrote:
really? wrote:Check out David Icke's forum to see what fringe people it attracts.
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18


:lol: :lol: :lol: I joined that group for a short while just to take their pulse (so to speak)... I got to where I became physically nauseated by the abundant "ignorance" that was being expressed. Icke, on many levels, is exploiting the existing paranoia many people "suffer" from; especially the whole global conspiracy angles we've all read about since the end of WWII (which is where many of these things actually became a major part of public conversation. Granted, certain conspiracy issues such as the famed Knights Templar and Church Corruption have gone on for centuries if not millennia).

I give the man credit for being "Intelligent" in that he does bring out points that we all really should contemplate. Like all zealots however, he takes such things too far and makes them a parody.

That seems to be the same attitude that I have been taking with what I have read so far.

His website basically promotes his books and the forum has attracted quite an eccelctic group of people, to say the least. The little bit that I have read has been what some might deem 'strange' but not so much when you understand and accept that there are many people with alternative ideas that don't fit in to mainstream society. I am totally guessing that some of the more unusual posts are made by New Agers who are looking for some sort of place to fit in and find answers to questions that you don't really want to ask just anyone. His topic material is similar to this Forum's as he covers much of the conspiricy theory areas as well as UFOs and related subject matter.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby really? » 11 Jul 2010, 01:43

NinjaPuppy wrote:That seems to be the same attitude that I have been taking with what I have read so far.

His website basically promotes his books and the forum has attracted quite an eccelctic group of people, to say the least. The little bit that I have read has been what some might deem 'strange' but not so much when you understand and accept that there are many people with alternative ideas that don't fit in to mainstream society. I am totally guessing that some of the more unusual posts are made by New Agers who are looking for some sort of place to fit in and find answers to questions that you don't really want to ask just anyone. His topic material is similar to this Forum's as he covers much of the conspiricy theory areas as well as UFOs and related subject matter.


Have you ever considered becoming a member of the US diplomatic corps ?
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Jul 2010, 03:06

really? wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:That seems to be the same attitude that I have been taking with what I have read so far.

His website basically promotes his books and the forum has attracted quite an eccelctic group of people, to say the least. The little bit that I have read has been what some might deem 'strange' but not so much when you understand and accept that there are many people with alternative ideas that don't fit in to mainstream society. I am totally guessing that some of the more unusual posts are made by New Agers who are looking for some sort of place to fit in and find answers to questions that you don't really want to ask just anyone. His topic material is similar to this Forum's as he covers much of the conspiricy theory areas as well as UFOs and related subject matter.


Have you ever considered becoming a member of the US diplomatic corps ?

That all depends on how well the job pays. :lol:
What??? Was my description too wishy washy for your taste? You would prefer that I punch it up a few notches and use more indepth adjectives and nouns? Not colorful enough?

What can I say? The thread that I read happened to be rooted in the teachings of Aleister Crowley and a total copy from Crowley's life. It seemed as bogus as a three dollar bill. It made for great reading if you are not aquainted with Crowley and you would think that anyone admitting to this sort of thing was crazy as a loon. Still, it wasn't anything directly written by David Icke so as strange as some of the posts are over there, it has no bearing on Mr. Icke's personal beliefs.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Craig Browning » 11 Jul 2010, 23:14

And what flavour of new age belief is promoted here? Oh yes, there's all kinds and everyone beliefs are valid isn't that right? Anyway Creationism is besides the point.

Oh the ignorance! I'm far from being a "New Age" type though I've worked with and been around many of them... enough to know how insane some of (much of) what they teach isn't only horse-pucky but frequently plagiarized directly from older sources such as DeLawrence, Churchward, Blavatsky and others of the latter 19th and early 20th centuries.

Intelligent Design, as an argument, is not related to a specific deity in a specific religion. Sure while most of its proponents are born again Christians there is nothing in its literature or arguments themselves that refer to a specific religion, they've done that on purpose you see.

Let me guess, you're a lawyer... I say that simply because of the hairs you're trying to split here. "Intelligent Design" is nothing more than a contrivance invented by Christian fanatics with an agenda, who want to perpetuate a specific mythos that's not even theirs to perpetuate... it belongs to a far older culture of people not even remotely related to the bible, Moses and all the others

The point being that any one of the new agers could just as easily decide that along with their healing crystals, homeopathy and dowsing that they will now believe in an Intelligent Design of the universe.

Again I say... "Oh the Ignorance"... you haven't a clue as to what the "New Age" or to be more accurate, "Metaphysical Spiritual Tradition" is and isn't, you aren't just generalizing but tipping your hand when it comes to your personal bias and agenda here; in appearance you have an extreme lack of "respect" when it comes to people's beliefs other than your own.

Maybe they will decide that the earth is alive and concious, Intelligent Design certainly fits that particular nonsense.

I do believe the term you're looking for is "Consciousness" and you may do yourself a favor by doing a bit more research into these various "New Age" traditions. One of them was started an easy 500 years before JC came around and it taught that all living things are sentient... it's best known today as Buddhism. But even Plato, Socrates and the other great Greek writers of earlier times made this suggestion... ALL OF IT pre-dates the compilation of the Talmud (a.k.a. Old Testament) But even at that, ancient Jewish tradition likewise sustains the idea that all of creation is sentient and imbued with the essence of "the Gods" (and yes, early Jews believed in multiple deities including a Heavenly Mother as well as Father Creator).

So, just imagine its not mostly Christian fundamentalists promoting Intelligent Design and imagine its one of the people who's beliefs match the kinds of beliefs promoted and defended on this website by people like Wu - why THEN should Intelligent Design also not also be promoted and defended? Because I cant see how someone like Wu can be so critical of Intelligent Design and yet promote all that other stuff at the same time.

For starters, ID was invented by fundamentalist christians who persecute those that do not buy into their agenda...INCLUDING OTHER CHRISTIANS, so ID would never find any sense of acceptance in the "New Age" culture but does host a somewhat agnostic tone to it, which was the goal of its inventors; they wanted to seemingly take the biblical god out of the equation by rewording Genesis in a manner that appears to be "Science"... which is is light years away from being. Interestingly there is a "biblical" parallel if one were to consider the mystic side of the Jewish path -- the Kabalah and Sefer Yetzerah. In these you will find creation "explained" and in a manner that comes hauntingly close to (drum roll please) THE BIG BANG.

Like so much put forward by religionists (especially "christians") ID is pure propaganda designed with the intent to brain wash the populace and give them a means by which to perpetuate their codependency of the clergy and thus, the cult-mind-set found therein.

Call me suspicious, but it would seem that you are yet another incarnation of one of our bible thumping friends that love to drop in here and stir the proverbial pot. As I said, you've tipped your hand when it comes to your bias and obvious desire to create a "debate" concerning the validity of ID...


Here's a few resources we can start with...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgement_Day_%28intelligent_design%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._Dover_Area_School_District

And Here is the Must See: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/judgment-day-intelligent-design-on-trial/
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 12 Jul 2010, 00:34

And what flavour of new age belief is promoted here? Oh yes, there's all kinds and everyone beliefs are valid isn't that right? Anyway Creationism is besides the point

Oh the ignorance! I'm far from being a "New Age" type though I've worked with and been around many of them... enough to know how insane some of (much of) what they teach isn't only horse-pucky but frequently plagiarized directly from older sources such as DeLawrence, Churchward, Blavatsky and others of the latter 19th and early 20th centuries.


I don't know who you are or what you believe.

I'm talking about this website and what is defended and promoted on here by the creator Winston Wu.

Intelligent Design, as an argument, is not related to a specific deity in a specific religion. Sure while most of its proponents are born again Christians there is nothing in its literature or arguments themselves that refer to a specific religion, they've done that on purpose you see.

Let me guess, you're a lawyer... I say that simply because of the hairs you're trying to split here. "Intelligent Design" is nothing more than a contrivance invented by Christian fanatics with an agenda, who want to perpetuate a specific mythos that's not even theirs to perpetuate... it belongs to a far older culture of people not even remotely related to the bible, Moses and all the others


The scientific reason Intelligent Design is nonsense has nothing to do with how its connected to CreationISM, the fact that we can connect it to that so easily is merely embarrassing for them since they try and claim its purely about science.

Im saying the actual arguments themselves could just as easily be used to promote new age beliefs that are promoted and defended on this website. How can is it possible to criticise Intelligent Design yet promote other scientifically invalid ideas that use similar arguments?

The point being that any one of the new agers could just as easily decide that along with their healing crystals, homeopathy and dowsing that they will now believe in an Intelligent Design of the universe.


Again I say... "Oh the Ignorance"... you haven't a clue as to what the "New Age" or to be more accurate, "Metaphysical Spiritual Tradition" is and isn't, you aren't just generalizing but tipping your hand when it comes to your personal bias and agenda here; in appearance you have an extreme lack of "respect" when it comes to people's beliefs other than your own.


I'm pretty sure I do have a very good idea, but maybe you could elaborate rather than just telling me I'm wrong. Also dont forget to remember what we're talking about.

Maybe they will decide that the earth is alive and concious, Intelligent Design certainly fits that particular nonsense.


I do believe the term you're looking for is "Consciousness"


No, I mean concious.

and you may do yourself a favor by doing a bit more research into these various "New Age" traditions. One of them was started an easy 500 years before JC came around and it taught that all living things are sentient...


The earth itself is not sentient nor is it a living organism. The point is that these kinds of ideas are stupid and yet promoted and defended on this website and I see no difference between this particular brand of sillyness and Intelligent Design.

it's best known today as Buddhism. But even Plato, Socrates and the other great Greek writers of earlier times made this suggestion... ALL OF IT pre-dates the compilation of the Talmud (a.k.a. Old Testament) But even at that, ancient Jewish tradition likewise sustains the idea that all of creation is sentient and imbued with the essence of "the Gods" (and yes, early Jews believed in multiple deities including a Heavenly Mother as well as Father Creator).


Your apparent desire to prove to me that Biblical religions are nonsense seems to suggest that you don't really understand what I'm saying here.

So, just imagine its not mostly Christian fundamentalists promoting Intelligent Design and imagine its one of the people who's beliefs match the kinds of beliefs promoted and defended on this website by people like Wu - why THEN should Intelligent Design also not also be promoted and defended? Because I cant see how someone like Wu can be so critical of Intelligent Design and yet promote all that other stuff at the same time


For starters, ID was invented by fundamentalist christians who persecute those that do not buy into their agenda...INCLUDING OTHER CHRISTIANS, so ID would never find any sense of acceptance in the "New Age" culture but does host a somewhat agnostic tone to it, which was the goal of its inventors; they wanted to seemingly take the biblical god out of the equation by rewording Genesis in a manner that appears to be "Science"...


I know that, but what is it inherently about the arguments of Intelligent Design that are so different to the claims of homeopathy, dowsing or crystal healing or something?

In these you will find creation "explained" and in a manner that comes hauntingly close to (drum roll please) [b]THE BIG BANG.


Which would of course be a complete coincidence, but we're getting off topic.

Like so much put forward by religionists (especially "christians") ID is pure propaganda designed with the intent to brain wash the populace and give them a means by which to perpetuate their codependency of the clergy and thus, the cult-mind-set found therein.


Again, I agree. But the arguments themselves are religion-free. I want to know what makes them so much more wrong than all the other stuff that is promoted and defended on this website. I dont understand why this point is so difficult for you to understand

Call me suspicious, but it would seem that you are yet another incarnation of one of our bible thumping friends that love to drop in here and stir the proverbial pot. As I said, you've tipped your hand when it comes to your bias and obvious desire to create a "debate" concerning the validity of ID...


No, apparently I'm not being clear enough so please allow me to be straight with you.

I believe that people like Winston Wu are being hypocrites by being against Intelligent Design but promoting and defending equally invalid scientific and illogical claims, where many problems with Intelligent design are shared equally by problems that these claims have. Such as, 911 Truthers have zero mainstream support, as does Intelligent Design.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Scepcop » 12 Jul 2010, 19:55

Strange question.

You assume that I promote everything out there. That's not true. That is YOUR FALLACY and straw man, not mine.

If you want to discuss Creationism, there is a religion board here. Why not do it there? We don't need to have too many boards.

Why don't I promote Islam, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, and the Illuminati religion, and Freemasonic Occult Rituals too?

I can't cover everything. Get real. But there are general categories here for those things. So feel free to post about them.

Do you really think there should be a board just for Creationism?

FYI, I do believe in God, but a Pantheistic or Monism type of God. So even if I believe in Creationism, it doesn't mean the Bible thumper's version of it, or the literal interpretation of Genesis.

But please, stop pinning your false labels onto me.

A lot of paranormal ideas, even wacko ones, might have some degree of truth in them. Reality is far stranger than fiction, and the rabbit hole goes deeper than you think. You guys are trying to limit and suppress reality. That's your problem. Our minds can only understand a very tiny microcosm of what's out there anyway. You guys fail to realize and acknowledge all that.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Jul 2010, 20:47

There ya go! Now you have the answer.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 01:10

Scepcop wrote:Strange question.

You assume that I promote everything out there. That's not true. That is YOUR FALLACY and straw man, not mine.


I've SEEN you promote all kinds of things, I can only find one thing you don't believe in and that's apparently Creationism and religion.

If you want to discuss Creationism, there is a religion board here. Why not do it there? We don't need to have too many boards.


I don't really want to discuss Creationism, I'm saying its hypocritical of you to arbitrarily decide that Creationism and Intelligent Design are wrong but promote and defend all the other stuff that you do.

Why don't I promote Islam, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, and the Illuminati religion, and Freemasonic Occult Rituals too?


You do promote Illuminati and Freemasonic Occult Rituals, you even have a forum for it.

"Conspiracies / NWO / 9/11 Truth - Discuss Conspiracies - 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies or whatever conspiracy floats your boat. "

And in there you DO post all kinds of claims there. Recently you promoted crazy David Icke stuff!

I can't cover everything. Get real. But there are general categories here for those things. So feel free to post about them.

Do you really think there should be a board just for Creationism?


Why have you not defended or promoted it? Why haven't you mentioned it? Which catagory would you feel is appropriate? Why do you list free energy and not mention Intelligent Design in the "Alternative Science / Suppressed Discoveries" section description? What is it about Intelligent Design that you feel is wrong? Because as soon as you give some reasons Im sure we can apply that to stuff you do believe that for some reason you don't reject. As I said before "what is it inherently about the arguments of Intelligent Design that are so different to the claims of homeopathy, dowsing or crystal healing or something?"

FYI, I do believe in God, but a Pantheistic or Monism type of God. So even if I believe in Creationism, it doesn't mean the Bible thumper's version of it, or the literal interpretation of Genesis.


So then do you believe in Intelligent Design?
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Craig Browning » 13 Jul 2010, 01:56

Ok... so when someone attempts to bring things into a "discussion" on ID you don't want to follow that course but rather turn it back around on a personal attack of Winston, right?

I don't get why this is so important to you... why it must be turned into a drama queen's tirade... nor can I understand why you keep insinuating Christian support while likewise trying to distance ID from it's conception source (American Fundamentalists).

As a "Theory" it has very little legit or "complete" science attached to it. It dances completely around the whole dinosaur eras, trying to imply that Adam, Eve and the kids walked around with Dino and Rex... something we know for fact to be untrue... let alone how much bigger Noah's ark would have to be if he had to move those giants around back in the day... but then the bible NEVER mentions such animals, it refers to the very sort of critters we have known in "recent" history; nothing as abstract as giant lizards... which don't come back into the world until the dark & middle ages as christian knights go out murdering perfectly innocent dragons... :( ... once they're gone they start burning and brutalizing every woman with a broomstick... :? when I was a kid it was anyone with a complexion darker than the Irish and now days it's anyone that is predisposed towards homosexuality and/or sexual identity confusions. Long story short, it's a cult of hatred and bigotry that uses said bias or arguments of contention, as a means as to misdirect the public's attention so as to keep folks from discovering the true ugliness of said establishment.

:idea: and yes, I loathe ALL forms of Organized Religion but I'm not anti-Jesus or Mohamed, etc. It's their follows that scare the blank out of me.

So here we are, you want to get a discussion on ID going... go post it! That simple... there is no need in insulting or challenging the founder of the forum or anyone else here. Nor is there a reason for trying to twist and turn things in order to keep folks off the actual track tied to ID and its weaknesses/fallacies. It is a joke on one hand and as I said, a cruel bit of cunning on the other when it comes to programming the innocent mind to buy into at 1,7050ish year old mythos that's been sold as fact until the early and mid-20th century, when science kicked it in the shins rather sharply, giving the world a serious wake-up call.
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 02:28

Craig Browning wrote:Ok... so when someone attempts to bring things into a "discussion" on ID you don't want to follow that course but rather turn it back around on a personal attack of Winston, right?


Its not a personal attack on Winston, its a question regarding the apparent hypocrisy of the point of this website which is mostly written by, yes, Winston.

I don't get why this is so important to you... why it must be turned into a drama queen's tirade... nor can I understand why you keep insinuating Christian support while likewise trying to distance ID from it's conception source (American Fundamentalists).


Because this isn't about ID specifically, its about why in a forum/group/Winston that promotes and defends 911 conspiracies, free energy, homeopathy, UFO's, Uri Geller, Illuminati, David Icke, Metaphysics, Cryptozoology, Astrology and so on and so on does not also promote and defend something like Intelligent Design or even Creationism?

Can you explain what makes Intelligent Design so different?

As a "Theory" it has very little legit or "complete" science attached to it. It dances completely around the whole dinosaur eras, trying to imply that Adam, Eve and the kids walked around with Dino and Rex...


I would hate to have to defend Intelligent Design, but what you're talking about is standard Creationism. Intelligent Design says nothing about Adam and Eve or the Bible.

when science kicked it in the shins rather sharply, giving the world a serious wake-up call.


Why does this forum/group/Winston really care about "science" when it comes to something like Intelligent Design but completely ignore it when it comes to those other subjects?
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 02:55

Edx wrote:Why does this forum/group/Winston really care about "science" when it comes to something like Intelligent Design but completely ignore it when it comes to those other subjects?

To answer the first part of your question: Because it's interesting.
To answer the second part of your question: Because it's not interesting.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 03:00

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Edx wrote:Why does this forum/group/Winston really care about "science" when it comes to something like Intelligent Design but completely ignore it when it comes to those other subjects?

To answer the first part of your question: Because it's interesting.
To answer the second part of your question: Because it's not interesting.


Please elaborate as this doesnt make any sense.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 03:20

Edx wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:
Edx wrote:Why does this forum/group/Winston really care about "science" when it comes to something like Intelligent Design but completely ignore it when it comes to those other subjects?

To answer the first part of your question: Because it's interesting.
To answer the second part of your question: Because it's not interesting.


Please elaborate as this doesnt make any sense.

Obviously. Neither does your asking the original question when you say that you don't care to discuss the topic that you are pointing out yet you seem to really want to discuss it.
Edx wrote:Because this isn't about ID specifically, its about why in a forum/group/Winston that promotes and defends 911 conspiracies, free energy, homeopathy, UFO's, Uri Geller, Illuminati, David Icke, Metaphysics, Cryptozoology, Astrology and so on and so on does not also promote and defend something like Intelligent Design or even Creationism?

SCEPCOP gave you his reasons. Here is his post:
Strange question.

You assume that I promote everything out there. That's not true. That is YOUR FALLACY and straw man, not mine.

If you want to discuss Creationism, there is a religion board here. Why not do it there? We don't need to have too many boards.

Why don't I promote Islam, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, and the Illuminati religion, and Freemasonic Occult Rituals too?

I can't cover everything. Get real. But there are general categories here for those things. So feel free to post about them.

Do you really think there should be a board just for Creationism?

FYI, I do believe in God, but a Pantheistic or Monism type of God. So even if I believe in Creationism, it doesn't mean the Bible thumper's version of it, or the literal interpretation of Genesis.

But please, stop pinning your false labels onto me.

Then you ask for other opinions:
Why does this forum/group/Winston really care about "science" when it comes to something like Intelligent Design but completely ignore it when it comes to those other subjects?

And I tell you my reason... because some topics are interesting and some aren't. Craig has given you his feelings on the subject as well. What more do you want? This is an Internet forum, chock full of assorted topics and subject material that is interesting to some people and believe it or not, possibly not interesting to some people. As spelled out in the 'Off Topic' section SCEPCOP says, "Discuss other topics not related to the paranormal or conspiricies (within reason of course)". In this section he says..."Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new board topics can be posted here too."

If YOU want to discuss ID vs. Creationism, go for it. If, as you claim that you don't want to actually discuss it, then I suggest you make your opinion or real feelings known because this beating around the bush is very awkward and I'm running out of popcorn.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions / Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron