View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jul 2010, 02:39

ProfWag wrote:Well, most people have someone they look up to and admire. Mine is Leonardo Da Vinci. Other people might prefer David Icke and Richard Gage, but who am I to judge?

That crazy artist! Gotta love him. :lol:
I have never been able to answer this question that crossed my path years and years ago:

"If you could meet with one person (dead or alive) and ask them as many questions as you could, who would it be?

Leonardo has always been on my short list but I've never been able to come up with that one name. But that is another topic for another day.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44






Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby ProfWag » 08 Jul 2010, 02:59

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Well, most people have someone they look up to and admire. Mine is Leonardo Da Vinci. Other people might prefer David Icke and Richard Gage, but who am I to judge?

That crazy artist! Gotta love him. :lol:
I have never been able to answer this question that crossed my path years and years ago:

"If you could meet with one person (dead or alive) and ask them as many questions as you could, who would it be?

Leonardo has always been on my short list but I've never been able to come up with that one name. But that is another topic for another day.

Let me start one in the off-topic section...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby ProfWag » 08 Jul 2010, 03:17

NinjaPuppy wrote:As previously stated, Mr. Icke certainly does have a diversified thought process in many different areas. However, I couldn't find much on this forum about him at all. SCEPCOP did post one very short video on David Icke in the "Alternative Health/Holistic Healing" section.

Uhhhhhhh, perhaps you didn't look very hard? Here is what I found posted by the Administrator concerning David Icke:

How the "pyramids" of the world work (David Icke)

David Icke's presentation at Oxford - AWESOME! MUST SEE!

Hi Wraith! Welcome! I posted some great lectures by Icke in the Paranormal Videos section of the board...

The New World Order, An Overview... of human emotions, especially fear. In the past centuries, they have repeatedly utilized a contrivance that NWO researcher and author David Icke has characterized in his latest book, The Biggest Secret, as Problem, Reaction, and Solution.

Totally mind blowing jaw dropping Interview with David Icke!

David Icke says the elite already have a cure for cancer?

Listen to David Icke's lecture at Oxford. It makes a lot of sense and is absolutely brilliant. If you listen to Icke himself rather than just his critics, you will ...

Re: Evidence that Princess Diana was murdered... if you can't add up the dots below, then you're dumb as hell. Seriously. Even a first grader could. Sample from “The Biggest Secret” By David Icke

David Icke's brilliant and witty debunking of 9/11
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jul 2010, 03:48

Oh my! Mia culpa. I realized that I only searched the latest topic stuff as that is how my preferences are set and not back the full year. I stand corrected.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby ProfWag » 08 Jul 2010, 03:55

NinjaPuppy wrote:Oh my! Mia culpa. I realized that I only searched the latest topic stuff as that is how my preferences are set and not back the full year. I stand corrected.

Perhaps Icke will be the person Scepcop picks to have lunch with and we can find out more about this "hero."
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jul 2010, 04:05

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:Oh my! Mia culpa. I realized that I only searched the latest topic stuff as that is how my preferences are set and not back the full year. I stand corrected.

Perhaps Icke will be the person Scepcop picks to have lunch with and we can find out more about this "hero."

I wouldn't mind having lunch with David Icke. As long as he's paying. :D
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 08 Jul 2010, 04:53

However, SCEPCOP makes no comments about his views on David Icke or his claims in this particular video. Other than the "?" at the end of the Subject header as if to ask for commentary.


ProWag already posted this but here is a direct link.

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joo ... 421#253421

Another quote from Wu:

"Here also is a clip where Icke explains how and why 9/11 was a form of ritual sacrifice and why the date and numerology of 911 was not a coincidence. It's also very chilling.


Ritual sacrifice, by our reptilian overlords who drink the blood of humans who have a fascination with numbers I guess. Apparently nonsense is "chilling"...

I just see no reason why he would promote and defend every crazy/fringe belief alternative "science" under the sun, even David Icke, and yet draw the line at Intelligent Design/Creationism.
Edx
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 03:21

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Jul 2010, 22:11

Edx wrote:Well I gave an example of how Winston defends similar Creationist arguments simply because they are being made by people he agrees with, eg 911 Truthers. Yet when it comes to Creationism he arbitrarily decides that they are full of crap. I mean seriously how can someone endorse David Icke and not Intelligent Design?


Probably because Icke is at least "Intelligent" vs. "the design" theory :lol:

Yesterday I was doing some research and came across a site listing over 2,850 different deities and related dogmas. That would include a comparable number of Creation Tales... at least in theory, in that you have those instances (such as the Genesis story) in which the mythos and symbolism was "borrowed" from far older teachings (the Hebrew Creation tale is based on a creation tale dated some 1,500 years older from the Indus Valley and pertaining to Shiva). So, as I asked before, which flavor of Creationism are we to discuss if we were to create a side forum dealing with this obviously deep and wide theme? Are we to look at the Native American tales of the great Turtle upon whose back we dwell? What about the Dogman tradition (one of several) that suggests that we are form the stars... literally "refugees" (in some versions of the tale) from another world (other similar tales suggest that Earth was a Penal colony... after all a third of the heavenly hosts were thrown down from heaven when Lucifer revolted... right?)

Intelligent Design is a con-game invented by the late 20th century Fundamentalist/Politically Focused Religious machine that is determined to create a Theocracy in this country, forcing everyone to live according to THEIR opinion... kind of like the atmosphere the original settlers came here to get away from... they invented this "theory" so as to sneak bible teachings back into the public school system.

Why would they do that? you ask.

If you can program a set of ideas into the minds of anyone during the first 5 - 8 years of life, you will have them as your patron for life... at least that's the case most of the time. Every now and then a rebel steps up and points out the lie... sadly, the majority of a population group so conditioned will distance themselves from such proclamations... at least initially. The thought seed has been planted and thus, others now have a reason to question things... the end result is social and intellectual evolution.

Does this mean that we've reached a point of not "needing" God?

Maybe, I'm more inclined to see it as our coming of age and obtaining that status most spiritual traditions speak of... becoming as the gods... having the kind of understanding, perspective and intelligence to "virtually" replicate what God is said to have done -- create life!

Look at our current science... just last night in the "Through the Wormhole" series a very interesting revelation was made; the probable manner by which the first spark of life actually happened and the protein chains began to form leading to DNA and of course, US. A bit more realistic course of things than some old dude in white robes just thinking about something and saying "let it be' and voila!
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby really? » 09 Jul 2010, 08:23

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Edx wrote:Well I gave an example of how Winston defends similar Creationist arguments simply because they are being made by people he agrees with, eg 911 Truthers. Yet when it comes to Creationism he arbitrarily decides that they are full of crap. I mean seriously how can someone endorse David Icke and not Intelligent Design?

I guess that I should do a Google on Icke and see what all of this is about.


He's a nut
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jul 2010, 19:10

really? wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:I guess that I should do a Google on Icke and see what all of this is about.


He's a nut

I had gotten that impression from the Wikipedia entry. However watching a Youtube video does not give me that impression at all. At least not so far.

Is this 'nutter' theory based on his books? Because I don't see any sort of behavior (so far) to indicate that the man is anything more than strongly opinionated in an 'anti-establishment' kind of way. If real life allows, I hope to be able to finish watching the rest of the 11 videos and go on to look for more of Icke's stuff sometime this weekend but I have a heavy work schedule so it may take me longer.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby really? » 09 Jul 2010, 21:19

NinjaPuppy wrote:
really? wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:I guess that I should do a Google on Icke and see what all of this is about.


He's a nut

I had gotten that impression from the Wikipedia entry. However watching a Youtube video does not give me that impression at all. At least not so far.

Is this 'nutter' theory based on his books? Because I don't see any sort of behavior (so far) to indicate that the man is anything more than strongly opinionated in an 'anti-establishment' kind of way. If real life allows, I hope to be able to finish watching the rest of the 11 videos and go on to look for more of Icke's stuff sometime this weekend but I have a heavy work schedule so it may take me longer.


If you can't recognize halfbakery then you fall down the rabbit hole yourself. That's the danger of someone like this.
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Jul 2010, 01:31

If you can't recognize halfbakery then you fall down the rabbit hole yourself. That's the danger of someone like this.

That is exactly the issue here. From the video that I am reviewing, there are no signs of 'halfbakery' at all.

Perhaps you can save me time by pointing me in the direction of a video by David Icke where he actually displays some of the behavior that you say is inappropriate?

BTW, can someone also please explain WTF "fall down the rabbit hole" actually means when used in this forum? I know it's from "Alice in Wonderland" but since I have found many conflicting definitions, I'd like this term defined.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby really? » 10 Jul 2010, 02:23

NinjaPuppy wrote:
If you can't recognize halfbakery then you fall down the rabbit hole yourself. That's the danger of someone like this.

That is exactly the issue here. From the video that I am reviewing, there are no signs of 'halfbakery' at all.

Perhaps you can save me time by pointing me in the direction of a video by David Icke where he actually displays some of the behavior that you say is inappropriate?

BTW, can someone also please explain WTF "fall down the rabbit hole" actually means when used in this forum? I know it's from "Alice in Wonderland" but since I have found many conflicting definitions, I'd like this term defined.


It's not his behavior it's his beliefs that he's unable to substantiate. Here's a Google page that will keep you busy
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=david+icke&btnG=Google+Search

This is what I mean
fall down the rabbit hole It comes from Alice in Wonderland where she fell down the Rabbit Hole into some bizarre shit. Therefore, it is commonly used as an expression or euphemism for a portal to a bizarre world of significantly strange happenings and extremely surreal situations, etc.
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Jul 2010, 02:41

fall down the rabbit hole It comes from Alice in Wonderland where she fell down the Rabbit Hole into some bizarre shit. Therefore, it is commonly used as an expression or euphemism for a portal to a bizarre world of significantly strange happenings and extremely surreal situations, etc.

There are many instances where truth is stranger than fiction. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby really? » 10 Jul 2010, 03:00

NinjaPuppy wrote:
fall down the rabbit hole It comes from Alice in Wonderland where she fell down the Rabbit Hole into some bizarre shit. Therefore, it is commonly used as an expression or euphemism for a portal to a bizarre world of significantly strange happenings and extremely surreal situations, etc.

There are many instances where truth is stranger than fiction. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.


Check out David Icke's forum to see what fringe people it attracts.
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions / Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron