View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Success and Hair Style

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Success and Hair Style

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jan 2010, 19:08

daviddean wrote:Hello Everyone !

There are many factors which affects to get success. But do you think that hair style is one of the factor to become a successful.

A survey of US Business Magazine 'Fortune' says that most of the successful CEOs part their hair to the left.

What say ?

Finally! A topic I'm actually qualified to answer!!!
Hair style most definitely plays a part in success, but not necessarily just CEOs parting their hair to the left. (For the record, there is a very good reason why their hair is parted on the left which I'll explain at the end of the post.) Looks, in general, is often more important to moving up the corporate ladder than actual qualifications. How people present themselves and the image of the company's culture is just as important. Sloppy, extra-curly, disheveled, etc. hairstyles just don't make a person presentable. Just as important, if not more so, is the way people dress and if they are overweight or underweight. You just don't see many overweight people climbing the corporate ladder. Similarly, women and minorities have always had a difficult time breaking the glass ceiling, though they have been rightfully gaining momentum in their influence in corporate society.

Now, why do most CEOs part their hair to the left?
Because most mothers are right handed and that's the way they combed their son's hair when they were young as it's an easier stroke for a person combing someone else's hair. If you find someone who parts their hair to the right, don't tell them why but just out of the blue, ask them if their mother was left handed. Many more times than not, they will be. May sound like I'm blowing smoke up your butt, but it's abolutely true.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jan 2010, 20:09

Very interesting ProfWag.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jan 2010, 21:45

NinjaPuppy wrote:Very interesting ProfWag.

Thanks. I try to be interesting when I can, though that's not very often I'm afraid.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jan 2010, 21:49

I could never figure out as a child, why my hair was always parted on the right side. My mom is left handed.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jan 2010, 21:52

I've never noticed much about hair style and success but of course your total over all appearance can make or break a career. Hair styles go through fads, much like clothing. However for men, short and well cut has always been accepted in the corporate world.

Women on the other hand seem to get further with long, well kept hair. Just my opinion.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jan 2010, 22:06

NinjaPuppy wrote:I've never noticed much about hair style and success but of course your total over all appearance can make or break a career. Hair styles go through fads, much like clothing. However for men, short and well cut has always been accepted in the corporate world.

Women on the other hand seem to get further with long, well kept hair. Just my opinion.

And mini skirts...
(Just kidding. Sorry for the sexist remark.)
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jan 2010, 22:07

NinjaPuppy wrote:I could never figure out as a child, why my hair was always parted on the right side. My mom is left handed.

Now you know! Did you think I was kidding?
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jan 2010, 22:11

And by the way, if you didn't figure it out, that is a popular trick of cold reading. Mediums use it with great success and the unsuspecting person receiving the reading will state that the medium "couldn't possibly know that."
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jan 2010, 22:12

I never thought you were kidding. You made me realize why my hair was parted on the opposite side of the rest of the world.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jan 2010, 22:13

ProfWag wrote:And by the way, if you didn't figure it out, that is a popular trick of cold reading. Mediums use it with great success and the unsuspecting person receiving the reading will state that the medium "couldn't possibly know that."

Know what? If you are left handed or right handed?
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 20 Jan 2010, 23:03

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:And by the way, if you didn't figure it out, that is a popular trick of cold reading. Mediums use it with great success and the unsuspecting person receiving the reading will state that the medium "couldn't possibly know that."

Know what? If you are left handed or right handed?

They know if your deceased mother was left or right handed.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jan 2010, 23:21

There are a lot of different 'cues' you can pick up by simply looking at someone. I must say that being able to 'spot' a mark with a left handed mom would be a pretty good 'guess' to instill confidence in a subject.
NinjaPuppy

Return to General Discussions