View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Does Death Exist? New Theory Says 'No'

Discuss General Topics.

Does Death Exist? New Theory Says 'No'

Postby RarelyImpressed » 11 Dec 2009, 12:07

Probably should be posted in the Afterlife section...sorry have a habit of doing this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-la ... 84515.html
RarelyImpressed

Re: Does Death Exist? New Theory Says 'No'

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 20:55

If you would like me to move it, I can.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 22:26

Now you know why I have a morbid fear of being buried alive. "Cause my volts just mike keep on ticking...
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 22:32

You mean your volts take a licking but keep on ticking? Who are you? John Cameron Swayze?
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 22:40

Article wrote:Think of the 20-watts of energy as simply holo-projecting either this or that result onto a screen. Whether you turn the second beam splitter on or off, it's still the same battery or agent responsible for the projection.

My sentiments exactly.

IMO, the human body is merely a temporary transport system.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2009, 23:27

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Article wrote:Think of the 20-watts of energy as simply holo-projecting either this or that result onto a screen. Whether you turn the second beam splitter on or off, it's still the same battery or agent responsible for the projection.

My sentiments exactly.

IMO, the human body is merely a temporary transport system.

What about the dog body? The cat body? The elephant body? The fly body? The spider body? The gorilla body? The tree body? The flower body? The busy body?
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2009, 23:44

ProfWag wrote:What about the dog body? The cat body? The elephant body? The fly body? The spider body? The gorilla body? The tree body? The flower body? The busy body?

OK, Mr. Busy Body... I'll give mammels, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians and maybe even a few insects the benefit of the doubt here. Don't go harshin' my mellow with flies & spiders and their creepy friends. Oh, I forgot mollusks. Gotta have mollusks. They're yummy!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 12 Dec 2009, 00:47

I'm just sayin' that if there's any kind of an afterlife at all, then all living creatures should be included in that as well. What's makes us so special?
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 12 Dec 2009, 00:57

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:What about the dog body? The cat body? The elephant body? The fly body? The spider body? The gorilla body? The tree body? The flower body? The busy body?

OK, Mr. Busy Body... I'll give mammels, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians and maybe even a few insects the benefit of the doubt here. Don't go harshin' my mellow with flies & spiders and their creepy friends. Oh, I forgot mollusks. Gotta have mollusks. They're yummy!

Which brings something else to mind. If all of these other creatures have an afterlife, are the chickens, cows, pigs, and fish going to be pissed off at me for eating them? I mean, think about it. Can you imagine being a good boy or girl all of your life, only to make it to heaven and get met by all the chickens you have eaten in your life. Yikes. It's like a Hitchcock movie.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Dec 2009, 01:10

ProfWag wrote:Which brings something else to mind. If all of these other creatures have an afterlife, are the chickens, cows, pigs, and fish going to be pissed off at me for eating them? I mean, think about it. Can you imagine being a good boy or girl all of your life, only to make it to heaven and get met by all the chickens you have eaten in your life. Yikes. It's like a Hitchcock movie.

I didn't see any mention of 'heaven' in that article. You're mixing church and state here. 'Afterlife' and 'Heaven' are two different things. Just ask 72 virgins. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 12 Dec 2009, 01:27

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Which brings something else to mind. If all of these other creatures have an afterlife, are the chickens, cows, pigs, and fish going to be pissed off at me for eating them? I mean, think about it. Can you imagine being a good boy or girl all of your life, only to make it to heaven and get met by all the chickens you have eaten in your life. Yikes. It's like a Hitchcock movie.

I didn't see any mention of 'heaven' in that article. You're mixing church and state here. 'Afterlife' and 'Heaven' are two different things. Just ask 72 virgins. :lol:

Okay, scratch that heaven part and insert "the other side." If there's not a heaven but an afterlife, does that mean you spend it alone? Boring! If there's an afterlife and there's all sorts of people there, then does that make it a form of heaven? I mean, there are just so many thoughts that can come from death it's almost exhausting.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Dec 2009, 01:29

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:

Okay, scratch that heaven part and insert "the other side." If there's not a heaven but an afterlife, does that mean you spend it alone? Boring! If there's an afterlife and there's all sorts of people there, then does that make it a form of heaven? I mean, there are just so many thoughts that can come from death it's almost exhausting.

I'm going to take the rest of this over to the Religion topic as it can be a rather lengthy explanation. Join me there in a little bit and I'll fill you in on a few different theories and possibilities.
NinjaPuppy

Postby RarelyImpressed » 12 Dec 2009, 06:24

Do animals and insects have this same "20 watt" energy or maybe energy to a lesser degree?
RarelyImpressed

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Dec 2009, 06:30

RarelyImpressed wrote:Do animals and insects have this same "20 watt" energy or maybe energy to a lesser degree?

Of course, I'm not sure about that but I would think that even 20 watts would scare the heck out of an insect. Just think bug lights. :D

I think "20 watt" is a euphemism to put the point into perspective.
NinjaPuppy

Postby RarelyImpressed » 12 Dec 2009, 08:13

I was telling my family about this theory....my grandma didn't like it she said one life is enough, lol.
RarelyImpressed

Next

Return to General Discussions