[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Global Warming - A Scam? : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum
View Active Topics          View Your Posts
Switch to desktop style
Discuss General Topics.
Post a reply

Global Warming - A Scam?

22 Nov 2009, 04:47

Re: Global Warming - A Scam?

22 Nov 2009, 04:52

John Coleman, founder of The Weather Channel says global warming is the greatest scam in history

22 Nov 2009, 05:49

I have often wondered if this whole global warming thing was media hype. I'm not saying that we are not contributing to changing things on the planet but more that any global warming might be a natural occurance that we can neither cause or prevent.

22 Nov 2009, 13:41

its about money - same as most things - see the extremism ( long article but worth the read - i particularly liked the bit about the concept of "thermodynamic crimes " - oooo heck - i had better not light my pipe too often then :lol: ) that our government is prepared to go to in the Stalinist /EU paradise that is now England :roll:

and the ads on TV are a laugh - , one featuring a precocious brat - harassing his parent obviously has NO sense of real world values , as does the producer of the advert , it starts off with the parent cleaning his teeth with the tap running - and says "tumbler 4 pounds " ( 4 quid ??? - shit what is it Waterford Christal ?? - 4 for a quid from pound land ) then show a scene where said brat is in a store and gives his dad an "energy saving light bulb " energy saving light bulb 6 pounds " intones the add ( 6 quid ?? where the hell do these people shop ?? Harrods ?? )

and lastly we are treated to the face ( looking like a puppy who is gonna be sick ) of the brat looking up at his father and the advert intones " helping dad to save the planet - priceless " - think this kid needs a lesson in shopping !!

this is nothing more than a pseudo political attempt to brainwash people to a problem that does not exist ( and raise a few taxes in the process - the REAL MOTIVE ?? ) - we see japan and many other countries including our own lit up like Christmas trees - power being needlessly wasted everywhere , including our OWN government buildings where lights blaze all night and computers are left running 24/7 - and they berate US ?? - seems to me if this is so real then the governments need to put their own house order first ??

and do the governments of the world SERIOUSLY think people are going to give up their cars ?? - yea right , again if this is sooo real then why are rapid moves not being made to phase out ICE engines for non essential users ( some things will still need big ICE motors ) - and make electric personal transport systems more available ?? - i bet if ours offered a million pound prize for a sustainable design , our garden shed inventors could produce the goods - i would be in there pitching for one ;)

nah this is ALL bollocks - always thought so - always will :roll:

22 Nov 2009, 18:00

We have that same commercial, but the American tumbler and light bulb are more cost effective! :lol:

I have no problem pitching in and doing my part to save the planet. Actually, I'm just cheap and I want to keep my utility bills from sucking my bank account dry.

22 Nov 2009, 18:38

22 Nov 2009, 19:22

I have always been interested in solar possibilities but I find it to be more cost effective to be cheap. I turn things off when they are not in use, throw a sweater on when it gets cool in house instead of turning up the heat. I have also gotten into unplugging those 'ghost energy consumers' when not in use such as computers, printers, the bajillion Spamalamadingdong appliances with clocks that never have the right time, etc.

I also have eliminated all drippy faucets and have updated my lighting to give me the most bang for my buck. I figure that every little bit helps both the planet and my pocket book.

23 Nov 2009, 06:22

There is no doubt in my mind that climate is changing. Changes in large objects indicate large factors. Large lakes no longer freeze over in winter. Did for 150 years and failed to in the last 25 years. Glaciers are receding. Polar ice is thinner.

What concerns me is the claim of human produced change via CO2. Many charts show that CO2 and temperatures track each other. Other factors show that the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere is due to burning fossil fuels.

The problem is that it is possible that in warming situations CO2 is not removed quickly from the atmosphere. Therefore, the increase in atmospheric CO2 is due to temperature.

The main greenhouse gas in the air is ..... water vapor, not CO2. The climate models use something known as the GCM or global circulation model. These models predict that a small increase in CO2 causes a large increase in H2O. This is what leads to warming. These models are fine tuned by using real data that has been collected.

The question on the emails is which of the 20+ different places doing modeling are we talking about? And is this a matter of fine tuning the models or not?

25 Nov 2009, 13:15

Here is an excellent documentary that debunks Global Warming with lots of scientific facts, graphs and tests.

Description:

This 5 part series will explain all about how and why the Global warming myth which has been drilled into your existance is a complete load of ****

We all have our own opinions and should value free speech and for that I have to voice an opinion on the Global Warming phenomena and the fact that I do not believe what we are being told maybe true. I respect science and I follow that direction as much as I possibly can but when I see that truth maybe is being covered up I feel a need to voice an opinion.

According to official data, in every year since 1998 world temperatures have NOT been raising at all, ten years of NON global warming wow! In 2002 the Arctic ice actually increased! Why, then, have we not heard about that on main stream media? There was a BBC show with four experts saying: This is going to be the end of all the ice in the Arctic, and hypothesizing that it was going to be the hottest summer ever. Was it hell! It was very cold and very wet as it was last year and now there seems to be evidence that the glaciers in Alaska have actually started growing rapidly and theyve not done that for a long time indeed.

So there is evidence, which can be found over the internet which I believe says there has not been a rise in global temperature since 1998, despite the increase in carbon dioxide being pumped into the atmosphere. This makes me think the global warmers are telling pork pies carbon dioxide is not the driver. Climate change is all about cycles, it is a natural thing and has always happened.

When the Romans lived in Britain they were growing very good red grapes and making wine on the borders of Scotland. It was evidently a lot warmer then. If you were sitting next to me 10,000 years ago wed be under ice. So thank God for global warming for ending that ice age; we wouldnt be here otherwise. People such as former American Vice-President Al Gore say that millions of us will perish because of global warming which I think is a pretty stupid thing to say if youve got no proof! And my opinion is that there is absolutely no proof that carbon dioxide is anything to do with any impending catastrophe. The ¬science has, quite simply, gone awry. In fact, its not even science any more, its anti-science. Theres no proof, its just projections and if you look at the models people such as Gore use, you can see they cherry pick the ones that support their beliefs. To date, the way the so-called Greens and the BBC, the Royal Society and even our political parties have handled this smacks of McCarthyism at its worst. Global warming is part of a natural cycle and theres nothing we can actually do to stop these cycles. The world is now facing spending a vast amount of money in TAX to try to solve a problem that doesnt actually exist.... How were we convinced that this problem exists, even though all the evidence from measurements goes against the fact? God knows. Yes, the lakes in Africa are drying up. But thats not global warming. Theyre drying up for the very ¬simple reason that most of them have dams around them! So the water that used to be used by local people is now used in the production of cut flowers and veget¬ables for the supermarkets of Europe.

One of Al Gores biggest clangers was saying that the Aral Sea in Uzbekistan was drying up because of global warming. That was all over the news 20 years ago but the Russians were growing cotton there at the time and the fact is that for every 1 ton of cotton they produced they used between 800 and 3000 tons of water which is a vast amount ( between 222,768,000 and 835,380,000 tons of water)

The thing that is truly irritating , is that there are genuine environmental problems that desperately require attention and money, your money is and will be wasted on trying to solve this global warming problem that would be much better used for looking after the people of this world.

At the end of the day as she always has and always will I believe that Mother nature will balance things out... but not if we interfere by destroying rainforests and overfishing the seas. That is where the real environmental catastrophe could occur.

25 Nov 2009, 23:39

29 Nov 2009, 08:48

Read an interesting editorial in the local newspaper that discusses the contents of the emails that were stolen by hackers. The editorial agreed with my interpretation of the little I saw that the emails do not discuss much if interest. It is surprising how people have tried to misrepresent the emails.

02 Dec 2009, 15:15

and now the cause of global warming ??? :shock:

sooooooo that right blame the poor cows - BUT NOW THE SHOCKING REAL TRUTH !!

!

and heres the proof :shock:

02 Dec 2009, 21:44

I've heard there is a plan to utilize cow farts as a means of powering homes. It takes a surprisingly small number of cows to run the average house.

03 Dec 2009, 02:38

this today from the daily express

sounds about right - keep the gravy train of research funding and the tax hike opportunities going :roll:

to paraphrase an old saying : "never let the TRUTH get in the way of a good research grant " :roll:

of course this will be ignored , as there is too much "vested interest " at stake - sort of like the position of anyone fighting for reality in the paranormal world - ( for OR against ) ;)

ho hum - they say you can fool most of the people some of the time - methinks they are too dumb to see whats in front of their noses , or just not cynical enough ?? :roll: :roll:

04 Dec 2009, 08:15

Post a reply