View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

an intresting paper ........

Discuss General Topics.

an intresting paper ........

Postby brett » 12 Nov 2009, 03:53

if you have the time or indeed the inclination to read this one ( all 85 pages of it - at which point the skeptics come up with the "i am too busy " or " i have no need to read this excuse " ) you may find some of the ideas and concepts quite interesting , and surprise surprise - in parts it even agrees with some of the leading lights in the skeptical world :o :o ( bet they read it now :lol: :lol: )

any ways enjoy ;) http://www.energetic-medicine.net/research/paraquantummodel.pdf
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK






Re: an intresting paper ........

Postby ProfWag » 12 Nov 2009, 05:09

brett wrote:if you have the time or indeed the inclination to read this one ( all 85 pages of it - at which point the skeptics come up with the "i am too busy " or " i have no need to read this excuse " ) you may find some of the ideas and concepts quite interesting , and surprise surprise - in parts it even agrees with some of the leading lights in the skeptical world :o :o ( bet they read it now :lol: :lol: )

any ways enjoy ;) http://www.energetic-medicine.net/research/paraquantummodel.pdf

The only problem with this information that in order for them to work with the p-adic probabilities that was mentioned as a possible explanation for mediumship, they have to develop a p-adic probability intuition. Unfortunately, basic math will prevent them from solving the p-adic scheme directly, at least as far as statisticians can safely say at this point of time in history. For example, Set Ff = {A 2 F : n(A) 2 N} (in particular, Ff contains all finite subsets of W ). Because the partial order structure on N coincides with the standard order structure, we have the standard order relation for n( A), n(B) , where
A,B 2 Ff . But P : Ff ® (- ¥ , 0) \ Z and P(A) is increasing if P( A) is r-decreasing to - ¥ . Therefore, for example, probabilities P( A) = - 1 or - 3 are rather small with respect to probabilities P(B) = - 100 or - 300.
ProfWag
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: an intresting paper ........

Postby brett » 12 Nov 2009, 13:19

ProfWag wrote:
brett wrote:if you have the time or indeed the inclination to read this one ( all 85 pages of it - at which point the skeptics come up with the "i am too busy " or " i have no need to read this excuse " ) you may find some of the ideas and concepts quite interesting , and surprise surprise - in parts it even agrees with some of the leading lights in the skeptical world :o :o ( bet they read it now :lol: :lol: )

any ways enjoy ;) http://www.energetic-medicine.net/research/paraquantummodel.pdf

The only problem with this information that in order for them to work with the p-adic probabilities that was mentioned as a possible explanation for mediumship, they have to develop a p-adic probability intuition. Unfortunately, basic math will prevent them from solving the p-adic scheme directly, at least as far as statisticians can safely say at this point of time in history. For example, Set Ff = {A 2 F : n(A) 2 N} (in particular, Ff contains all finite subsets of W ). Because the partial order structure on N coincides with the standard order structure, we have the standard order relation for n( A), n(B) , where
A,B 2 Ff . But P : Ff ® (- ¥ , 0) \ Z and P(A) is increasing if P( A) is r-decreasing to - ¥ . Therefore, for example, probabilities P( A) = - 1 or - 3 are rather small with respect to probabilities P(B) = - 100 or - 300.
ProfWag


and your point is ?? :lol: :lol:
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: an intresting paper ........

Postby ProfWag » 12 Nov 2009, 19:25

brett wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
brett wrote:if you have the time or indeed the inclination to read this one ( all 85 pages of it - at which point the skeptics come up with the "i am too busy " or " i have no need to read this excuse " ) you may find some of the ideas and concepts quite interesting , and surprise surprise - in parts it even agrees with some of the leading lights in the skeptical world :o :o ( bet they read it now :lol: :lol: )

any ways enjoy ;) http://www.energetic-medicine.net/research/paraquantummodel.pdf

The only problem with this information that in order for them to work with the p-adic probabilities that was mentioned as a possible explanation for mediumship, they have to develop a p-adic probability intuition. Unfortunately, basic math will prevent them from solving the p-adic scheme directly, at least as far as statisticians can safely say at this point of time in history. For example, Set Ff = {A 2 F : n(A) 2 N} (in particular, Ff contains all finite subsets of W ). Because the partial order structure on N coincides with the standard order structure, we have the standard order relation for n( A), n(B) , where
A,B 2 Ff . But P : Ff ® (- ¥ , 0) \ Z and P(A) is increasing if P( A) is r-decreasing to - ¥ . Therefore, for example, probabilities P( A) = - 1 or - 3 are rather small with respect to probabilities P(B) = - 100 or - 300.
ProfWag


and your point is ?? :lol: :lol:

Just for the record in case anyone thinks I knew what I was writing, I didn't. I tried to look up a couple things from the paper that Brett posted in hopes of understanding it a bit more, and that's what I found. Unfortunately, since I didn't major in physics, I still don't understand much of it and, as Brett says, I simply don't have the time today to learn physics. Perhaps by this weekend?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 3 guests