View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

will the REAL csicop please stand up

Discuss General Topics.

Re: will the REAL csicop please stand up

Postby ciscop » 28 Nov 2009, 05:22

NinjaPuppy wrote:If he lives in the US, he may be off celebrating the holiday or perhaps he has been turned off by the comments posted here.

or he might be talking to a tree... :lol:
nah.. to be real
then he shouldnt start something he didnt want to get into. he wanted me? he got me :D

i am still waiting for him to come out and tell us what he is into
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 28 Nov 2009, 05:59

He did say he was being 'facetious' when you asked. I don't believe he was looking for an argument.

Besides, you usually comment on this kind of stuff.
NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 28 Nov 2009, 17:29

um started something here dinn i :lol: - ciscop - as i have told you before you are a pussycat compared to the level of skeptic we have to deal with here in the UK ( yep hellboy's a BRIT :o - he wont mind me mentioning that ) - even the prof don't even come close , no offence to either of you , but we have some REALLY nasty and vindictive bits of work here - AND YOU GUYS ARE GENTLEMEN compared to them :D

i guess maybe you don't provide hellboy with enough of a challenge ?? :lol: :lol:

never mind I still love ya ( hugs ) :D :D
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
brett

Postby ProfWag » 28 Nov 2009, 20:34

brett wrote:um started something here dinn i :lol: - ciscop - as i have told you before you are a pussycat compared to the level of skeptic we have to deal with here in the UK ( yep hellboy's a BRIT :o - he wont mind me mentioning that ) - even the prof don't even come close , no offence to either of you , but we have some REALLY nasty and vindictive bits of work here - AND YOU GUYS ARE GENTLEMEN compared to them :D

i guess maybe you don't provide hellboy with enough of a challenge ?? :lol: :lol:

Awe, c'mon everyone. Group hug!!!
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 29 Nov 2009, 01:18

brett wrote:um started something here dinn i :lol: - ciscop - as i have told you before you are a pussycat compared to the level of skeptic we have to deal with here in the UK ( yep hellboy's a BRIT :o - he wont mind me mentioning that ) - even the prof don't even come close , no offence to either of you , but we have some REALLY nasty and vindictive bits of work here - AND YOU GUYS ARE GENTLEMEN compared to them :D

you might be right, im just a guy having some fun

but i dont know what you refer to as level of skeptic in uk.. isnt like 60% of people believe in astrology in uk? (i dont remember the percentage, i remember i saw it in the enemies of reason of richard dawkins) and also homeopathy is used by way too many people over there? (i think even the royal family uses homeopathy right?) that seems like your nation isnt a skeptic one.

but at least in uk you have awesome skeptics like Dawkins and Wiseman.
here in Mexico we only have speakers on your side of the fence.. Carlos Trejo (an obese indianajones looking GHOSTBUSTER), Jaime Maussan (he actually created his own profession: Ufologist... what a joke!) and Walter Mercado (a moneymaking machine astrologer). and those are just the famous ones.. there´s so many more trying to become professional douchebags and not one voice is asking So, what´s your proof to support that?

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 29 Nov 2009, 19:39

well i cant speak for the rest of them ciscop - but then i class my self as a realist not a skeptic .lol - we have our share of loons in the UK , who will believe any old crap ( one of the royals reputedly talks to plants .lol ) - and some even believe TV ghost hunting is REAL :o WTF ??

but my point is one can be a skeptic and still be a gentleman - not needing to go to the totally OTT ABUSE some here give - and by THEIR standards - you guys ARE pussycats :lol:

( humm wonder if hugging a skeptic has any therapeutic benefits ?? - i could start a whole new business selling skeptic soothing oils and hugging garments ( titanium plates extra ) , now what to call it ?? I know , SKEPTICOPATHY - cures 99% of all known skeptics with just a couple of diluted drops and a couple of hugs ( or your money back ) - ya want in ?? franchises available :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
brett

Previous

Return to General Discussions