View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Endorsements of SCEPCOP from reputable authors n scientists

Discuss General Topics.

Endorsements of SCEPCOP from reputable authors n scientists

Postby Scepcop » 02 Sep 2009, 00:07

Hi all,
I've set up the page of endorsements for SCEPCOP from reputable authors, scientists and researchers here:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/endorsements.php

Here are the endorsements I've collected so far.

Endorsements of SCEPCOP by Reputable Authors, Scientists and Researchers

Prof. Brian Josephson, Nobel Prize Winner in Physics, Professor of Physics at Cambridge, now a SCEPCOP member

"Pseudo-skepticism, by promoting views of doubtful validity, can seriously distort the scientific enterprise. It is good that an organisation such as SCEPCOP exists that can bring to light manifest flaws in the pseudo-skeptical position.

Brian"

Dr. Charles Tart, esteemed Parapsychologist and Consciousness Researcher for 50 years, Author of The End of Materialism

"Dear Winston Wu,

I think your SCEPCOP project is excellent! Very much needed...

True skepticism is a courageous thing, requiring openness and honesty on the skeptic's part to question the truth of everything he or she thinks they know…not just questioning the things they don't like…. Pseudo-skepticism is common, true skepticism is rare."

Larry Dossey, MD, Author of The Power of Premonitions

(informal)
"Dear Winston,

Wow! Love the website ! Very smart, creative, attractive, engaging, informative. You get my drift."

(formal)
"Genuine skepticism is indispensable to the progress of science, but nothing retards scientific progress like the blind, stubborn, repetitive naysaying of the pseudo-skeptics. In the arc of history, the greatest ideas have often come from the margins of the intellectual world, often from renegade thinkers. Pseudo-skepticism typically rejects these developments not through insight, but through prejudice and bigotry. Let us applaud genuine skepticism, and let us be skeptics ourselves; but let us stand firm against pseudo-skepticism and expose it for what it is: a renunciation of creativity, reason, and human progress. SCEPCOP is a valuable step in this direction."
-- Larry Dossey, MD
Author: The Power of Premonitions, Healing Words, and Reinventing Medicine

Chris Carter, Author of Parapsychology and the Skeptics

SCEPCOP provides a much needed balance to the ideological crusade of pseudo-skeptical organizations such as CSICOP (now just CSI). True skepticism involves the suspension of belief, not the refusal of belief. CSI/CSICOP has its roots in the American Humanist Association, with its anti-religious, anti-superstitious agenda. Secular Humanism, in turn, has its roots in the Enlightenment of 18th century Europe, and was the ideological aftermath of the Scientific Revolution – essentially a reaction to the centuries of religious warfare, the Inquisition, and the witch hunts which dismayed and sickened so many thinking people.

However, Western Civilization has outgrown these horrors, and modern science has progressed far beyond the materialism and determinism that were implied by the classical physics of the 17th through 19th centuries. Science has a self-correcting mechanism at its very core – namely, the requirement that scientific theories must be testable – and so there is no need for self-appointed vigilante organizations such as CSI/CSICOP to guard the gates. Congratulations to SCEPCOP for helping to defend a legitimate branch of scientific research from illegitimate criticism.

Chris Carter
Author of Parapsychology and the Skeptics

Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, Renowned Telepathy/Consciousness Scientist, Author of many books

(awaiting quotes)

Alex Tsakiris, Host of the acclaimed Skeptiko Podcast and founder of OpenSourceScience.net

(awaiting quotes)

Stanton Friedman, famous UFO researcher and author, top authority on Roswell

(awaiting quotes)
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Endorsements of SCEPCOP from reputable authors n scientists

Postby ProfWag » 02 Sep 2009, 04:58

Winston, I can't believe you missed this one!: (I also can't believe I just posted this...)
http://deanradin.blogspot.com/2009/08/w ... erest.html
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 02 Sep 2009, 16:33

ProfWag wrote:Winston, I can't believe you missed this one!: (I also can't believe I just posted this...)

I did not miss that one. As you can see, I posted in the comments of that blog post under WWu777 and said that I was Vinstonas and answered someone's question.

But what are you trying to insinuate? It only says that this site is a "website of interest".

Radin didn't provide me an endorsement quote. He told me that he prefers to remain neutral now that he's editor of a scientific magazine. But he said he appreciates this site anyway. So I didn't post any endorsement from him. What is it that you don't understand?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 02 Sep 2009, 20:43

Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Winston, I can't believe you missed this one!: (I also can't believe I just posted this...)

I did not miss that one. As you can see, I posted in the comments of that blog post under WWu777 and said that I was Vinstonas and answered someone's question.

But what are you trying to insinuate? It only says that this site is a "website of interest".

Radin didn't provide me an endorsement quote. He told me that he prefers to remain neutral now that he's editor of a scientific magazine. But he said he appreciates this site anyway. So I didn't post any endorsement from him. What is it that you don't understand?

I just thought you'd be proud to have your site mentioned in his blog. Nothing more, nothing less.
ProfWag

Return to General Discussions