View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

SCEPCOP Endorsement from Larry Dossey

Discuss General Topics.

SCEPCOP Endorsement from Larry Dossey

Postby Scepcop » 31 Aug 2009, 04:02

Hi all,
I'm putting together a page of endorsements for SCEPCOP from reputable Parapsychologists, Authors and Scientists. I will show it to you when it's done. So far I have one from Charles Tart, and now another from Larry Dossey, MD and Author of "The Power of Premonitions". Here are his wonderful words about our site!

Dear Winston,

Wow! Love the website ! Very smart, creative, attractive, engaging, informative. You get my drift.

Here are a couple of good quotes you might like:

"There are two ways to slice easily thorugh life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking." -- Alfred Korzybski, linguist

Astronomer Carl Sagan hit the right note in his 1991 UCLA commencement address: “It is the responsibility of scientists never to suppress knowledge, no matter how awkward that knowledge is, no matter how it may bother those in power. We are not smart enough to decide which pieces of knowledge are permissible and which are not.”

Here's a source of excellent quotations about skepticism: http://amasci.com/weird/skepquot.html

Here's an endorsement from me you can feel free to use, should it be of help:

"Genuine skepticism is indispensable to the progress of science, but nothing retards scientific progress like the blind, stubborn, repetitive naysaying of the pseudo-skeptics. In the arc of history, the greatest ideas have often come from the margins of the intellectual world, often from renegade thinkers. Pseudo-skepticism typically rejects these developments not through insight, but through prejudice and bigotry. Let us applaud genuine skepticism, and let us be skeptics ourselves; but let us stand firm against pseudo-skepticism and expose it for what it is: a renunciation of creativity, reason, and human progress. SCEPCOP is a valuable step in this direction."
-- Larry Dossey, MD
Author: The Power of Premonitions, Healing Words, and Reinventing Medicine

Go, Winston, Go!

Yours,

~ Larry
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: SCEPCOP Endorsement from Larry Dossey

Postby Scepcop » 31 Aug 2009, 04:17

BTW, if you're interested in Larry Dossey's "The Power of Premonitions", here's the link to it:

http://astore.amazon.com/religion-spiri ... 0525951164

It makes sense out of something I've experienced a few times since I was 5. A true premonition is a "knowing", like you're remembering something from the past, except it's in the future and it comes true! Really freaky.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions