View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

This site and skeptics

Discuss General Topics.

This site and skeptics

Postby Boo boo » 08 Jan 2015, 03:56

I think a lot of people are seeing this as a "woo" website and calling it things like, "a site full of whiny/childish and scared believers" or "a site full of attacks and no real evidence" or " full of people who are in denial, can't accept death, and really want an afterlife to exist" ect.
Boo boo

Re: This site and skeptics

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jan 2015, 09:46

Boo boo wrote:I think a lot of people are seeing this as a "woo" website and calling it things like, "a site full of whiny/childish and scared believers" or "a site full of attacks and no real evidence" or " full of people who are in denial, can't accept death, and really want an afterlife to exist" ect.

Any evidence to back this claim up? 8-)
NinjaPuppy

Postby Boo boo » 08 Jan 2015, 14:56

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Boo boo wrote:I think a lot of people are seeing this as a "woo" website and calling it things like, "a site full of whiny/childish and scared believers" or "a site full of attacks and no real evidence" or " full of people who are in denial, can't accept death, and really want an afterlife to exist" ect.

Any evidence to back this claim up? 8-)

About the "attacks with no evidence" part, here's this site. http://debunkingdenialism.com/

Just type in Winston wu in the search bar. I could make a mile long list of skeptical websites talking about this SCEPCOP site. :?
Boo boo

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2015, 00:41

Boo boo wrote:Just type in Winston wu in the search bar. I could make a mile long list of skeptical websites talking about this SCEPCOP site. :?

I love it....Ain't life great?
NinjaPuppy

Postby Boo boo » 09 Jan 2015, 01:34

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Boo boo wrote:Just type in Winston wu in the search bar. I could make a mile long list of skeptical websites talking about this SCEPCOP site. :?

I love it....Ain't life great?

Uh-huh.
Boo boo

Postby Boo boo » 09 Jan 2015, 08:36

But I'm REALLY tired of the "skeptics" saying that the afterlife, spirits, and ghost beliefs are just "ways of dealing with cold and harsh reality". And knowing that there's a larger reality "gets us out of bed in the morning and lets us sleep at night". Even if we see ghosts or have NDEs, "it's just the brain playing tricks on us so we can cope".

Uuuurrrgghhh!!!!! :evil:
Boo boo

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2015, 11:11

Boo boo wrote:But I'm REALLY tired of the "skeptics" saying that the afterlife, spirits, and ghost beliefs are just "ways of dealing with cold and harsh reality". And knowing that there's a larger reality "gets us out of bed in the morning and lets us sleep at night". Even if we see ghosts or have NDEs, "it's just the brain playing tricks on us so we can cope".

The only cold and harsh reality is that no one knows for fact anything about the afterlife. I will never understand people who won't explore alternate suggestions of what is deemed paranormal.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Boo boo » 09 Jan 2015, 11:49

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Boo boo wrote:But I'm REALLY tired of the "skeptics" saying that the afterlife, spirits, and ghost beliefs are just "ways of dealing with cold and harsh reality". And knowing that there's a larger reality "gets us out of bed in the morning and lets us sleep at night". Even if we see ghosts or have NDEs, "it's just the brain playing tricks on us so we can cope".

The only cold and harsh reality is that no one knows for fact anything about the afterlife. I will never understand people who won't explore alternate suggestions of what is deemed paranormal.

Yeah I don't think I will either. :roll:
Boo boo

Postby Boo boo » 11 Jan 2015, 02:40

NinjaPuppy wrote:

Those people are open to life existing on other planets or somewhere in the universe and "materialism explaining consciousness", but not the existence of ghosts, afterlife, and NDEs.

Life somewhere else in the universe-Logical

Life after death-Nonsense

Does not sound fair does it? :x
Boo boo

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Jan 2015, 09:20

Boo boo wrote:

I don't know how the concept of it being 'fair' comes into any of this. Life isn't exactly 'fair' for everyone. We all have our opinions with varying degrees of what skeptics call 'beliefs'.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Boo boo » 12 Jan 2015, 07:23

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Boo boo wrote:

I don't know how the concept of it being 'fair' comes into any of this. Life isn't exactly 'fair' for everyone. We all have our opinions with varying degrees of what skeptics call 'beliefs'.

Yeah I guess you're right. I've argued with a few "skeptics" not on this forum and I'm a bit frustrated by them. The ones that really get under my skin are the ones who say "evidence please!" then dismiss it and/or call it "woo" after asking for it.
Boo boo

Postby Boo boo » 12 Jan 2015, 15:45

Also is this "scepcop" user on this forum the one who posts on this? http://ncu9nc.blogspot.com
Boo boo

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jan 2015, 12:19

Boo boo wrote:Also is this "scepcop" user on this forum the one who posts on this? http://ncu9nc.blogspot.com

I don't know. That site seems to have 27 users.

Why not ask him yourself?

HEY WINSTON.... DO YOU POST ON THE ABOVE WEBSITE?

Sorry I have to yell but he's on the other side of the world. :)
NinjaPuppy

Postby Boo boo » 13 Jan 2015, 16:27

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Boo boo wrote:Also is this "scepcop" user on this forum the one who posts on this? http://ncu9nc.blogspot.com

I don't know. That site seems to have 27 users.

Why not ask him yourself?

HEY WINSTON.... DO YOU POST ON THE ABOVE WEBSITE?

Sorry I have to yell but he's on the other side of the world. :)

Lol. It's okay :lol:
Boo boo

Postby ProfWag » 14 Jan 2015, 09:20

NinjaPuppy wrote:The only cold and harsh reality is that no one knows for fact anything about the afterlife. I will never understand people who won't explore alternate suggestions of what is deemed paranormal.

I've discussed this before Ninja, but I'll delve into it again if it's okay. I like to believe that I have an open mind (contrary to what some think of me on this site.) My feeling though is that I've explored the paranormal--quite thoroughly actually--for over 30 years and have yet to be convinced of most anything paranormal. My personality is such that it would absolutely drive me bonkers to wait and wait and wait for solid evidence. I just can't go on forever waiting as it would literally drive me insane. So, my mind is made up, but I find it fun and will always entertain new ideas, but there has to be a conclusion at some point. To me, it's like sitting in a dining room chair and you lean back and back and back on two legs and then right before you fall backwards, your reach out and grab the table. You know that feeling? That's the way I would feel all the time if I'm always wondering what my horrorscope says. But that's just me. Call me sick if you'd like, but that's why I try to get people to realize that there is probably a scientific explanation for whatever the event was. I would think that people should want to make a decision one way or the other--and since there's no scientific evidence to support the paranormal, then the decision should be easy. Remember, if there were scientific evidence, then it would be called "normal" rather than "paranormal."
ProfWag

Next

Return to General Discussions