View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Dr. Charles Tart praises SCEPCOP

Discuss General Topics.

Dr. Charles Tart praises SCEPCOP

Postby Scepcop » 16 Aug 2009, 04:20

Dr. Charles Tart, author of "The End of Materialism" and OBE researcher, wrote me this in an email today.

Dear Winston Wu,

I think your SCEPCOP project is excellent! Very much needed. However I will decline your invitation to get involved, simply for lack of time to add anything to my schedule….

With best of luck,

Charles T. Tart
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Dr. Charles Tart praises SCEPCOP

Postby brett » 16 Aug 2009, 04:33

cool ! - pity the Dr could not get involved - i have read his book - a most interesting work - so will add my thanks for his kind words :D :D
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
brett

Postby quantumparanormal » 28 Aug 2009, 02:50

Have you read his latest book, "The End of Materialism?"
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby Eteponge » 29 Aug 2009, 06:50

Dr. Charles Tart is a pretty cool guy. eh did a great OBE Experiment with Miss Z and doesn't afraid of anything.

Seriously, he is definitely one of the pioneers of OBE Research, with his experiment with Miss Z in the 1960s, where during a controlled test, she was able to accurately read a 5 digit number during OBE.

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Scepcop » 29 Aug 2009, 09:45

Here's a new quote I got for SCEPCOP from Charles Tart:

"True skepticism is a courageous thing, requiring openness and honesty on the skeptic's part to question the truth of everything he or she thinks they know…not just questioning the things they don't like…. Pseudo-skepticism is common, true skepticism is rare."

I plan to use these for an endorsement page.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Ibison » 29 Aug 2009, 15:09

Wow, that's a great compliment! I've never heard of Charles Tart or read his book, but that's a great quote.
Ibison

Postby Chica » 30 Aug 2009, 04:08

I've read "The End of Materialism". It's deep, thought-provoking and innovative. I couldn't put it down. I know that's a cliche but it's still true.
Love is the goal, the key to everything.
Chica

Postby quantumparanormal » 30 Aug 2009, 04:34

Chica wrote:I've read "The End of Materialism". It's deep, thought-provoking and innovative. I couldn't put it down. I know that's a cliche but it's still true.

I agree. I've read his classics, "States of Consciousness," and "Altered States of Consciousness." They're a tad academic, but well worth reading.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby Scepcop » 30 Aug 2009, 21:37

Here are some great reviews on Amazon.com for "The End of Materialism" by Charles Tart.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157224 ... 1572246456
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 06 Sep 2009, 17:08

Here's another awesome endorsement from Dr. Charles Tart received today!

Dear Winston Wu. Date Composed: September 5, 2009

Just thinking this morning - there are so few of us scientifically trained parapsychologists, trying to work on such an important topic, but often forced to waste lots of time and energy dealing with pseudo-skeptics. So what a great service SCEPCOP and any similar sites can be to keep revealing the faulty reasoning, lying, etc., that the Church of Materialism's Inquisition tries to pass off as reasonable scientific criticism. Indeed you might be able to up the level of genuine skepticism - which is always helpful - by establishing a climate where pseudo-skeptical arguments are always going to be subjected to public, logical scrutiny, so they have to get their act together!

Good luck!

Charles T. Tart
Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions