View Active Topics          View Your Posts
Switch to desktop style
Discuss General Topics.
Post a reply

How could I kill myself if I am too scared to jump off a

19 Dec 2013, 02:05

bridge or a tall building? Yesterday, I stood on the edge of a platform but I was too afraid to jump onto the tracks. I'm planning to end my life because I am graduating from college next semester with a 2.5 GPA. My GPA was below 2.0 during my freshman and sophomore years, but I had a 3.8 during my senior year. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do now to change the past. I cry every second wishing that I could go back in time and do better in college. Now, I will never get a job or get into a Masters program. I won't be able to pursue my dream career as a paleoanthropologist or an archaeologist. I am an anthropology major interested in working for a museum, an archaeological research center, or a national park. I am passionate about human and primate evolution. Most employers ask for college transcripts and no one will hire someone who graduated with a 2.5. I don't want to flip burgers for the rest of my life. How could I kill myself without feeling any pain? One of my friends told me to drink bleach, but I know that bleach burns the lungs and digestive system. Could anyone suggest some other methods?

Re: How could I kill myself if I am too scared to jump off a

19 Dec 2013, 05:04

You need to talk to someone about this-

If you are in the US, please take a moment and call this number: 1-800-273-8255.

19 Dec 2013, 09:01

If you have a strong interest in human and primate evolution, paleoanthropology or archaeology, you will be able to get into an Honours or Masters program one way or another, by appealing directly to academic staff or the Dean if necessary. You have the intelligence and drive to do it. Paleoanthropology can be a poorly paid area of research, unless you become an academic, however -- it's not glamorous work. There are lots of other jobs out there that you can do short of flipping burgers, and no need to worry about what 'all' employers might or might not do, you'll find plenty of opportunities regardless of your GPA. We can talk about Robert Ardrey, Desmond Morris, Jared Diamond and Konrad Lorenz in the meantime...

21 Dec 2013, 21:10

Justin - I will PM you shortly.

22 Dec 2013, 01:07

Hope you are still with us annabk 27.

13 Jan 2014, 08:51

Sometimes life takes us in directions we didn't expect or plan for, but sometimes the place you end up is better than you could have imagined or ever gotten to had you not taken that unexpected turn.

I say give yourself a break, you may find opportunity where you least expected it.
Post a reply