View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Incredible Story - Can you believe it?

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Incredible Story - could You believe

Postby Alexander1304 » 14 Jul 2013, 06:38

Like I've said, I ain't got nothin against stories, so post all you want, but they should not be used to alone to prove something is true.

Sorry,who should care here for what you "against" or "not"? It is paranormal forum,not JREF
As for proof - said before. The difference between us is that you appear to be completely militant - you want to imply that everybody should dismiss such stories.
I take moderate view - suggest reading and then for everyone to decide up to them
Alexander1304

Postby Alexander1304 » 14 Jul 2013, 06:49

Maybe I need to explain why stories aren't all that useful.
I can think of three reasons why. Here goes.
1. You can't go back in time to observe what actually took place.
2. You can't do a forensic CSI type of investigation because there's never any evidence left over.
3. Interviewing the witnesses doesn't help either because it's after the incident. People will remember the incident inaccurately and will remember it based upon what they think they experienced.
Now has this made any impression upon you?

Not that much.I told,and repeat - it is up to individual what they will make of such stories.
A lot of things happened in the past. How many times people can be interviewed during event happening? Not many. Doesn't mean didn't happen
people will remember the incident inaccurately

People also have all chance to remember it accurately. Regarding this story, note, that she herself would dismiss it shouldn't her friend be there and witnessing the same.
Anyway, I don't get You point. It you thing the story is not worth reading - good for you.Do You have any problem that others will read it and will think that maybe there could be some trust in that? Are you that militant? Then again You confused the forum
Alexander1304

Postby really? » 14 Jul 2013, 07:27

Alexander1304 wrote:
2. You can't do a forensic CSI type of investigation because there's never any evidence left over.
3. Interviewing the witnesses doesn't help either because it's after the incident. People will remember the incident inaccurately and will remember it based upon what they think they experienced.

Not that much.I told,and repeat - it is up to individual what they will make of such stories.
A lot of things happened in the past. How many times people can be interviewed during event happening? Not many. Doesn't mean didn't happen

People also have all chance to remember it accurately. Regarding this story, note, that she herself would dismiss it shouldn't her friend be there and witnessing the same.
Anyway, I don't get You point. It you thing the story is not worth reading - good for you.Do You have any problem that others will read it and will think that maybe there could be some trust in that? Are you that militant? Then again You confused the forum

I get so tired of people like you with your mischaracterizations, misunderstandings. I have nothing more to say to you.
really?

Postby Alexander1304 » 14 Jul 2013, 07:44

really? wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:

I get so tired of people like you with your mischaracterizations, misunderstandings. I have nothing more to say to you.

Great,I am also tired of you,especially when you turned the whole thread into kind of "ideological" discussion.I don't care what you(or people like you) make of this story(or the like)
Alexander1304

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Jul 2013, 09:01

really? wrote:Maybe I need to explain why stories aren't all that useful.

Is that why they call it a story? Like a UFO sighting that is seen by hundreds of people with video that's not supposed to be real either?
A CSI type of investigation? Like the stories that you see on a television show? Hey, those TV shows are stories too!
Wow! I find it strange that this doesn't apply with some topics but it seems to be ok to do that to send people to their death, like in court cases.

Baby, you're pissin' in the wind here. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Previous

Return to General Discussions