[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Remote viewing/astral projection study : General Discussions - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Remote viewing/astral projection study

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Remote viewing/astral projection study

Postby Suncross74 » 16 Apr 2012, 06:34

Craig, what you're saying is not acceptable. "No good psychics want to prove themselves" - I doubt it. That's a broad and sweeping statement and sounds more like an excuse for failure than a real fact. Consider the good it would do to PROVE psi once and for all - then more of the suffering could get help from the real psychics, and it could be developed into a proper science so we can study what works and what doesn't and amplify psi's powers. I refuse to accept that we cannot study this phenomenon.

You are some sort of psychic, no? Want to participate? If not, why? Not seeking fame? We'll publish you under a pseudonym, or just give your SCEPCOP forum name or something. We will hide you so there will be no media glory, just proof for you, proof for us, and proof for anyone willing to believe that we who did the study are not liars or idiots.

-Suncross74
Suncross74

Postby Suncross74 » 16 Apr 2012, 06:46

Suncross74

Postby _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ » 16 Apr 2012, 08:23

_Ice_Ages_14_Aces_

Postby _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ » 16 Apr 2012, 08:48

_Ice_Ages_14_Aces_

Postby Craig Browning » 16 Apr 2012, 22:28

Craig Browning

Postby Suncross74 » 17 Apr 2012, 05:46

@Ice: I'd rather send the pics to a skeptic and let him/her hold them.

@Craig: Ridiculous. You think the entire "spiritual community" as a whole is not interested in proving psi. That is a massive generalization. If no good psychics are interested in proving psi, what are we doing here at all?

If psi were proven, that would be a GREAT world advancement and a great contribution to the world. I accept that whatever ability you have cannot be activated, however, there ARE those who claim they have abilities they CAN use on command. If they are not interested in testing just because "they don't want to," then they are either fools or frauds. It's quite that simple.

-Suncross74
Suncross74

Postby _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ » 17 Apr 2012, 06:58

_Ice_Ages_14_Aces_

Postby _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ » 17 Apr 2012, 07:14

_Ice_Ages_14_Aces_

Postby Suncross74 » 17 Apr 2012, 07:38

So, for each trial, get a pic with distinctive, landmark features that will be easy to describe, and one black JPG. Flip a coin to choose whether to name the target pic 1.jpg or 2.jpg, and then send them to the skeptic to be printed and set beside each other. Then have them view it.

Personally I think statistics will be the lesser way to go with this one. The best way to do this study and avoid the "oh, that significance level is too small to matter" arguments is just to publish each picture used, and a copy of the psychic's description, so people can see for themselves. We can include a note about how many hits vs. misses we counted, but I think that would overall be the better way to conduct this one.

By the way, why no skeptic volunteers yet?

-Suncross74
Suncross74

Postby Craig Browning » 17 Apr 2012, 19:35

@Craig: Ridiculous. You think the entire "spiritual community" as a whole is not interested in proving psi. That is a massive generalization. If no good psychics are interested in proving psi, what are we doing here at all?

One example of several in which we boldly see the analytical mind not wanting to understand things from a spiritual sense of perspective in which "proof" isn't needed; they live by way of "faith" and the belief that what they do is a sacred gift to be protected and honored NOT exploited in any way.

As I pointed out, there's a truck load of commercial psychics out there that will volunteer for such bits and will fail because of a few key factors, the least of which is that they have little to no formal training and thus, no genuine sense of honor when it comes to the gifts. This type of neophyte is in it for the cash & ego; I even know more than a few that look down their nose as the more traditional type of practicing psychic, thinking them "fools". . . then again, more than a few of these bastard children have been called down by their former "masters" in public, because they've lost the call -- they surrendered it for the sake of ego. Author/Lecturer Jane Roberts is an excellent example of this; psychics that are able to see auras and life energy recall seeing Seth enter her during the earlier period of the Seth talks messages but after the date in which Roberts stated that Seth would depart they noticed a entirely different kind of phenomena in which Seth never entered her and what came from her mouth was pure psychological hokum. She'd tasted carnal success and turned what was originally a spiritual gift into a company and business idea. While she's profited from it, she's likewise lost a great deal, including respect from within the more learned side of the psychic community. This can be said about Lazarus and several other "channeled" entities. On the other hand we have amazing texts, like A Course in Miracles that were channeled by a person that was a devout atheist during their waking state and wished nothing to do with religion or spirituality; they had no formal connection to theology, the Jesus story, etc. and yet delivered an amazing piece of literature that gives exact biblical quotes and story references as well as parables alongside similar connections to Lord Buddha and others or merit.

What I've said and shared here isn't myth, a look at history will reveal just how many "master spirits" shy away from popularity and carnal greatness -- how they lived humbly in a state of near poverty, many "begging" for lack of a better term, for what tips & rewards passers by would offer in exchange for a wisdom thought, divination or blessing. This is how the true Psychic or Spiritually Filled individual acts, it's their followers who later glorify them and turn them into "gods" when in truth, they were simple people who found enlightenment or upon whom enlightenment was given . . . possibly through earned Karmic points in lives previously known.

As To Me . . . I do not claim to be one of these "Masters" of spirit. One side of my private life has always been tied to religion and philosophy, mostly because that was the kind of family environment I lived in but as I aged, it was a kind of "calling" I found myself in (I nearly went to seminary to become a minister) One the other side of this same coin we find my ties to show biz and my inner-drive to be a clown and the center of attention and so my choice in life has been very much carnal and deliberately so. I would eventually learn how to use my theatrical passion in conjunction to my personal beliefs, allowing me to deliver ways by which to educate the public when it came to the surreal; literally giving them a far more pragmatic way of looking at things while allowing them room for their beliefs and personal testimonies. For me shooting down a persons faith and essentially calling them fools for believing in such things is cruel and inhumane not to mention arrogant. I see far too much of this from within the show biz side of things thanks to Derren Brown and Criss Angel types, but when I find folks outside that environment and supposedly tied to scholastic and analytical research pulling the same sort of insult, I have no choice but to speak up for the down trodden and attempt to explain the facts of life and why some people choose to not face any kind of man-made trial via which the goal is to disprove the divine and devastate the idea of faith.

And Before We Come Back to the Classic List of Breakthroughs Scientific Study Has Given Us. . . let's remember that a lot of what was proven/dis-proven centered on the orthodoxy and megalomania of The Church, which believed it answered only to "God" even though it served mana. There is little to nothing about the organization (regardless which flavor you are looking at) that's genuinely honest and true to the essence that the prophets (including JC & Co.) brought to us. The Corporation of Christ has but one goal and that's world domination and had it not been for the bold actions of science, even from within the belly of the beast, we'd be in a world in which dogma was the rule and free thought an act that would bring about the certainty of death.

The church likewise exploited the auspices of science for its own sake, just as it does today, manipulating this and that circumstance so as to "prove" various biblical tales; what was once accepted by persons outside the cult when it came to God's condemnation or plagues and rejected by the followers has become a thing embraced, so as to lure more people into its folds. This is especially true with the tale of Moses & the Exodus and what is believed to be the finding of Sodom & Gemorha. Religionists -- the "scientists" of the big three Abrahamic faiths, grasp at anything and everything they can to serve as proof though very little has ever been proved. For this we owe the scientific challenge or "question" greatly. But the scientific movement has developed a second edge that cuts deeply now against all things miraculous and unexplainable - it cuts for sake of cult gain and global influence; it has become the very dogmatic thing it once slew and thus, we find the problem.
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 18 Apr 2012, 02:01

Others are better to help with the protocol, but i'm game for participating in some of the trials. Would be better if we could do it in the evening, around 9:30 - 10:00 EST so that my kids are most likely asleep and won't interrupt.
Arouet

Postby _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ » 18 Apr 2012, 04:28

Last edited by _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ on 18 Apr 2012, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.
_Ice_Ages_14_Aces_

Postby _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ » 18 Apr 2012, 04:43

_Ice_Ages_14_Aces_

Postby Arouet » 18 Apr 2012, 04:52

Arouet

Postby _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ » 18 Apr 2012, 05:00

_Ice_Ages_14_Aces_

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions