[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Impressive psi trick. How does he do it? : General Discussions - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Impressive psi trick. How does he do it?

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Impressive psi trick. How does he do it?

Postby The Warrigal » 16 Aug 2009, 02:06

I honestly don't have a clue as to how this effect is achieved.

Providing that there was no video editing done and it is just a magician's trick it's still a bloody good one!

Not that I expect magicians to reveal their trade secrets, but I would very much like to see a magician replicate this stunt for us.

I also like to see fraud exposed, so if this is fraud, then I for one would welcome an expose.

If it cannot be demonstrated to be just a slick piece of trickery, then I would like to see it done under laboratory conditions before an audience of both sceptics and "believers."
The Warrigal

Postby Scepcop » 16 Aug 2009, 02:14

I'm wondering, what if the heat from the blowdryer passed through the glass and caused the wheel to move? I think heat can pass through glass, after all. But then again, how do you explain the change of direction? He'd have to time everything perfectly too.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Aug 2009, 02:17

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 16 Aug 2009, 06:42

There is plenty of information on how to make the wheel move. I have provided but one video. There are more. Feel free to look it up if you're really interested in the truth.
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 16 Aug 2009, 14:26

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby brett » 16 Aug 2009, 14:44

just out of interest - i replicated this last night - and guess what - it just sat there - not moving a millimeter - nothing ,Nada - nix , i tried using a hair dryer on hot setting all it did was warm the glass bowl up - and i took temperature measurements as i went along and as i opined using just the hands , no perceivable difference in temps from base to top - next experiment is to place the wheel in a hermetically sealed glass vessel and try again - believe me if i can get it to move i will send a video post haste :lol:

so if it is SO easy to do this "trick " then how come it did not work for me ?? as if it is a trick then it should be repeatable -( have any of you condemning it bothered to actually replicate it yet BTW ?? ) - so the mystery remains trick , faked video or genuine ability ???

i honestly don't know :?
brett

Postby ProfWag » 16 Aug 2009, 19:06

No, I haven't and don't think I will. There are too many variables such as the type of paper used, exact folds, balance, type of jar, etc. and I personally don't have the patience. All I know is that the physics of the experiment says that's how it's done. But I appreciate you taking that on and am interested in your conclusions!
ProfWag

Postby brett » 16 Aug 2009, 22:36

brett

Postby ProfWag » 17 Aug 2009, 01:07

Thanks, but no thanks. If I did make it work, I would either be told I had TK or it was a trick, and if I didn't make it move, I would be told that my hypothesis is incorrect or I personally didn't have TK. Either way, it's a lose/lose situation for me that wouldn't prove anything either way so I won't waste my time. It's been covered in many "fun science," and mentalist magic books so I am convinced there is a logical explanation (already covered) and that TK is probably not at work with the psi-wheel.
Wag
ProfWag

Postby brett » 17 Aug 2009, 01:41

brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Aug 2009, 02:10

I have made a worthy attempt to Google up any answer to this psi 'trick' with virtually no real evidence as to how or what makes the paper rotate. I did find a load of references to people trying to duplicate the 'trick' with absolutely no luck at all and one person who seems hell bent on perfecting his talents in this area. The rest of the information is based on only TK being the reason. Seems the skeptics really can't find any logical reason pro or con. At least they're not talking about it on the Internet.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 17 Aug 2009, 21:27

Okay folks, here are the bottom lines on psi wheels. First, nothing I can say will make believers change their minds that TK is not at work with regards to the psi wheel so whatever I say here will probably be taken with a grain of salt. That's fine. I'm here because if there are people who are on the fence with the paranormal will have a flip-side of a situation to consider.
I've given several possible explanations that seem to have been thrown out. So, here is my challenge. I would like to see an experiment where there are TWO wheels, side by side in the same jar with exactly the same set up. I would like to see a full-room view. I would like to see a jar that has not been placed in a refrigerator prior to the experiment. I would like to see the jar completely vacuumed sealed. I would not like to see a blow-dryer that conducts heat. I would like to see styrofoam around the base of the jars. I would then like to see a psychic move only one of the wheels randomly selected.
Show my that and I'll continue the discussion.
Wag
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Aug 2009, 22:17

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 17 Aug 2009, 22:21

ProfWag

Postby brett » 17 Aug 2009, 22:32

brett

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions