View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

What is the Second Law of Thermodynamics ?

Discuss General Topics.

Re: What is the Second Law of Thermodynamics ?

Postby newyorklawyer » 10 Feb 2012, 10:04

The first law of thermodynamics, better known as Conservation of Energy, says that you can't create energy from nothing: it prohibits perpetual motion machines of the first type, which run and run indefinitely without consuming fuel or any other resource. According to our modern view of physics, energy is conserved in each individual interaction of particles. By mathematical induction, we see that no matter how large an assemblage of particles may be, it cannot produce energy from nothing - not without violating what we presently believe to be the laws of physics.

[Spam link removed by Mod]
[OP post also LOCKED as Mod is in a bad mood]
newyorklawyer

Re: What is the Second Law of Thermodynamics ?

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 27 Apr 2012, 17:18

Thankyou Susan, for a clear summary of the logical flaw the allows pseudo-skeptical materialists to use "entropy" as a club. Two years ago, trying to utterly rout the entropic view, I discovered an axiom which allowed me to see the flaw and come up with a second axiom, which collectively refuted entropy and produced a third axiom, proving the one premise I had held at the point, which in turn proved a theorum refuting a mistake of Platon's, whIch had irritated me as much as entropy. This theorum accounts for everything else.

Two years later I am more certain than ever that I now know four things that are fundamental, and have found nothing that obviously cannot be accounted for by their interaction.

Having confirmed an opinion frequently expressed here, that I don't give a damn if anyone understands me, I apologize, and refer to a much fuller, although satiric, dialogue describing my first grasping at this new axiom, "Mathematical Mysticism: A Sokratic Dialogue between Catsmeat and Big Nose Kate". It can be found here http://www.facebook.com/groups/13907574 ... 3942014764
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Previous

Return to General Discussions