View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Which Is More Harder To Convince - Skeptics or Christians?

Discuss General Topics.

Which Is More Harder To Convince - Skeptics or Christians?

Postby PsiSearch » 04 Dec 2010, 06:43

Well, just out of curiosity; which category of people are more harder in reality to convince that something is real or fake, or good or evil?
So, if I go to a skeptic and say Psi is real, and I have a bias or no bias to it - he will have to think about it or completely deny it.
And, if I go to a Christian and say Psi is good or I say God is fake and I really have no bias about this, because religion is something that sticks with the same belief.

So, which is harder to convince about something - skeptics or Christians?
PsiSearch

Re: Which Is More Harder To Convince - Skeptics or Christian

Postby Craig Browning » 04 Dec 2010, 07:18

Well, just out of curiosity; which category of people are more harder in reality to convince that something is real or fake, or good or evil?
So, if I go to a skeptic and say Psi is real, and I have a bias or no bias to it - he will have to think about it or completely deny it.
And, if I go to a Christian and say Psi is good or I say God is fake and I really have no bias about this, because religion is something that sticks with the same belief.

So, which is harder to convince about something - skeptics or Christians?

Let me guess, you're still in high school, right?

There is no such thing as "more harder"... it would be better said as "more hard" or, to be accurate, simply use "harder"... I know it's hard to do, given today's lethargic culture and the whole "anti-discipline" campaign that's so popular with today's youth, but PLEASE try to speak/write as if you have understanding and command of the English language (that is, if it is your primary language... I'm assuming that you are from the U.S. given how your posts are penned.)

As to your question... what's it matter?

I won't waste my time trying to "convince" anyone to accept what I believe. I will ask them to give me the respect and dignity they tend to believe they deserve and I will mirror back to them the same arrogance and jerk attitude that is given off. In my book, no one is superior to the other when it comes to beliefs and points of view. As such, I can learn from every person I meet while likewise giving them to opportunity to learn, based on how I have experienced or learned to see things.

I have had many skeptics as well as christians get all mushy and humble, thanking me months or years after we've met and had a few discussions on various issues. The gratitude isn't so much as my "converting" them but rather, giving them the opportunity to grow by seeing a much broader picture when it comes to what is, isn't or may be in this big world. Too, I've had some express appreciation in teaching them how to find the middle-ground when it comes to certain hard issues, including the whole paranormal situation.

Good or Evil?

Various aspects of Eastern Religions teach that "demons" are simply human beings who have turned their back on humanity for the sake of personal glory, riches, power, etc.

This is what I base most of my personal view with things when it comes to this question. NOTHING is innately Good or Evil/Good or Bad! It is US... we silly human beings, our own learned sense of prejudice, appreciation, appetite, compassion, empathy, bitterness, resentment, jealousy, etc... it is our own way of seeing the world that makes something Good/Bad/Evil, etc. Same goes with the idea of things sacred, holy or divine; it is how we have elected to view them. Very few can walk into any temple, regardless the faith represented, and not feel some form of humility (as in "being humble"); we will strive to guard our manner of talk, avoiding "offensive" language & gestures -- we will be more reverent in how we address the environment and those within it, etc.

I have a head of Buddha in my apartment that my Baptist mother refuses to sit near or face because, in her mind, it is a form of idol worship (though I don't worship it or even patronize Buddhism as a devotee). I have it because it fits the motif in my apartment and my appreciation of how it looks, what it represents, as both, art and philosophy. In asking my mother for the family bible I'd given her long, long ago in my youth, she gets defensive/suspicious, "Why would a confessed Pagan want a copy of the Holy Bible?"

In her mind it must be so I can wage some kind of evil... I'm evil because of my personal beliefs when it comes to religion & spirituality and of course, I happen to prefer sex & relationships with other guys rather than be responsible for bringing more children into this world (and do understand that I've more or less raised 10 kids over the past 30 years).

It's great that you have questions and seem to want to learn. Never hesitate to ask questions BUT be responsible for what you put forward by honoring the words, the language and those you are addressing; give it all respect (as well as yourself) presenting your query in a way that's "mature" and as some would say, "intelligent"...
Craig Browning

Return to General Discussions