View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

What Are The Myths Concerning The Science of Parapsychology?

Discuss General Topics.

Re: What Are The Myths Concerning The Science of Parapsychol

Postby Arouet » 05 Dec 2010, 09:33

ProfWag wrote:Oooooooo, careful with that word "proven." I have several wet noodle marks on the back of my hand for using that word inappropriately... :-)
BTW, I believe that I've read that Radin states explicity that his experiments did not "prove" psi...

Lol, I was paraphrasing Radin - in the book he is pretty clear that he believes that psi is real. He may not have used the word "proven" I'd have to go back through it.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 05 Dec 2010, 09:49

Arouet wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Oooooooo, careful with that word "proven." I have several wet noodle marks on the back of my hand for using that word inappropriately... :-)
BTW, I believe that I've read that Radin states explicity that his experiments did not "prove" psi...

Lol, I was paraphrasing Radin - in the book he is pretty clear that he believes that psi is real. He may not have used the word "proven" I'd have to go back through it.

I don't believe it's in his book but in interviews. He definitely appears to believe that psi is real...
ProfWag

Postby derrida » 07 Dec 2010, 23:47

ProfWag wrote:
Arouet wrote:

I don't believe it's in his book but in interviews. He definitely appears to believe that psi is real...

well he makes a living out of it
and i am guessing a good one..

it takes some major cojones to be like susan blackmore and tell that it doesnt appear to exist.
here is an article from susan blackmore.. in scescop words ill say she is the ¨truest¨ skeptic (whatever that means)
http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/Articles/si92.html
derrida

Previous

Return to General Discussions