[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Sending healing thoughts to craig : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Sending healing thoughts to craig

Discuss General Topics.

Sending healing thoughts to craig

Postby derrida » 06 Nov 2010, 08:39

Hey Craig
you and me might disagree pretty much on everything but i do hope you get better soon and you get a speedy recovery

so everybody
send your good thoughts and healing thoughts to craig

have a great weekend
derrida

Re: Sending healing thoughts to craig

Postby Arouet » 06 Nov 2010, 09:01

I gave some good wishes in another thread, but it doesn't hurt to do it again.

Get well soon Craig!
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 06 Nov 2010, 20:01

My wife is a Reiki master (yea, I know...don't laugh) and I've asked her to do her long-distance Reiki thing at Craig to get him better. If you ask her, it's guaranteed to work! (don't ask me, though... :-) )
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 06 Nov 2010, 21:20

Well, I think we can all agree, at least, that it won't hurt!

(I don't even want to think about the arguments that go on in your family! Or do you just shut up?)
Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 06 Nov 2010, 21:32

Thanks guys!

ProfWag... have her send away. I was actually initiated into Reiki long ago as a New Ager's challenge of sorts; seeking to prove "their way" to be superior to what I'd been taught over the years, in shamanic work... for some reason I tend to trust the older better established traditions that cost nothing to learn vs. those techniques that cost hundreds & thousands of dollars to learn... :lol:

I'm doing better but still wobbly. Sometimes though, the best of all medicine is knowing someone in the world gives a damn... again, thanks to all of you for giving me a good dose of the good stuff ;)
Craig Browning

Postby The Warrigal » 07 Nov 2010, 05:29

Hi Craig.

I don't post much but have enjoyed reading your well informed input here at SCEPCOP.

I have no psychic ability, but if the sincere best wishes of all of us here help to boost your morale, then I wish you a full and rapid recovery.

Regards,

Warrigal
The Warrigal

Postby Eteponge » 07 Nov 2010, 07:20

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Eteponge » 07 Nov 2010, 07:21

Get well soon Craig!
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby derrida » 07 Nov 2010, 08:51

derrida

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Nov 2010, 17:56

NinjaPuppy

Postby derrida » 07 Nov 2010, 22:10

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
that was really cool NP !!!!
derrida

Postby ProfWag » 08 Nov 2010, 00:51

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Nov 2010, 18:30

NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 09 Nov 2010, 01:32

About 15 or so years ago I was backstage at the Magic Castle with an old chum known to most as Franz Harary... who had strained his shoulder moving props in for the show. Long story short, I did a Reiki treatment on him that was rather short and yet, it blew his mind just how much pain and discomfort I was able to remove. Franz is just one of several magic buffs I've done this or similar work with and the reactions have ALWAYS been positive and a bit of bewilderment; after all, it's all fake, right?

Truth is, there is something about human on human contact, especially when an injury or ailment exists. It may be pure psychology but I tend to believe that there is a very genuine biological explanation behind it as well; whether it's "healing" in the sense most assume said idea means or not, I can't say. I only know that I've seen and experienced some very unique end results.

I see a large number of skeptics mock Reiki and similar therapies even when the AMA acknowledge it, even with doctors prescribing said therapy systems for their patients; a fact that seems to say that there is far "more" to it than the assumptions projected towards it, Acupuncture, Chi Qong and other such ANCIENT healing methods that likewise gain endorsement via the Medical Industry.

Sure, there's going to be grifting... wherever you find more than two human beings brought together, you will find larceny. On the other hand, we are speaking of "sciences" that are quite ancient and proven to be effective... just not something that's "acceptable" to the Westernized mind... those rationalists that want a black & white world vs. the grey reality life actually offers. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 09 Nov 2010, 04:45

The thing is craig, with things like acupuncture, reiki, etc. there can be an immediate pain relief effect. Most often, these types of treatment involve putting the subject in a relaxed state, there can often be calm music playing, nice touch, etc. These can indeed have an immediate pain relief effect. This has been identified in studies. But its basically a placebo effect. How do we know? Take acupuncture for instance, when they did studies (numerous ones) where they did fake acupuncture as a control group, using for example, toothpicks, or putting the needles in the wrong places, etc. the same effect was there. That's the placebo effect. Study after study have demonstrated this. I can dig some up if anyone is interested.
Arouet

Next

Return to General Discussions