View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

A very intriguing paranormal case

Discuss General Topics.

Re: A very intriguing paranormal case

Postby Scepcop » 01 Nov 2010, 22:22

Eteponge wrote:Scepcop: I have him added on my Facebook if you want to add him, he's got some very interesting theories on paranormal topics. He's one of the old school researchers, started in the 1960s and 1970s. He's the first paranormal researcher I've come across that shares my own views on the multiverse.

Sure, you can PM me his facebook link if you want. Have you told him about this site?

I think he puts too much stock in the multiverse theory though, even going so far as to use it to explain past lives.

I think reality at a higher level is simply beyond the comprehension of our minds, just like Shakespeare is beyond the mind of a dog to comprehend.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 01 Nov 2010, 22:49

Scepcop wrote:I think reality at a higher level is simply beyond the comprehension of our minds, just like Shakespeare is beyond the mind of a dog to comprehend.

Well, the physicists are having a go at the multi-verse, so if it is true, there very well may be measurable evidence of it. Pretty exiting stuff. We'll just have to stay tuned.
Arouet

Postby Eteponge » 02 Nov 2010, 02:59

Scepcop wrote:I think he puts too much stock in the multiverse theory though, even going so far as to use it to explain past lives.

I think reality at a higher level is simply beyond the comprehension of our minds, just like Shakespeare is beyond the mind of a dog to comprehend.

I think his speculation that when truly gifted psychics and remote viewers tend to sometimes get very different scenarios and outcomes and variations on unsolved murder cases and other events when they tap into them, that they may actually be tapping into the same event in an alternate history, therefore they may not be "wrong", just tapping unfiltered into a different outcome in an alternate history that is taking place at the same time in another world, to be highly intriguing. I've heard this kind of talk from actual Remote Viewers as well, and I've talked to a psychic medium friend of mine about this possible theory.

But yeah, he does seem to go a bit overboard on using the multiverse thinking as a "theory of everything". His idea that when we physically die, our consciousness merely "switches frequencies" to another reality in the multiverse is interesting though.

I grew up watching Quantum Leap and Sliders, so this stuff has always fascinated me.

I remember when I was a teenager in the Mid to Late 1990s, I also watched that Japanese Anime called DBZ. In one Saga of that series, this one character named Trunks, goes back in time 20 years to warn his friends of an upcoming attack in three years by two androids that killed them all, he says when their creator Dr. Gero switched them on they killed him and ran amok, and warns the main character Goku that he is about to die of a viral heart disease in one year (and gives him medication only available in his time to combat it), and that they should all train and be prepared, and he gives them the exact time and place the androids will first attack.

When Trunks returns three years later, he finds that apparently chaos theory / butterfly effect has altered the course of events somewhat by his interference in the past. The timing of the main character Goku's viral heart disease is off, it's just now happening (instead of two years earlier). The timing is off on the first android attack, several hours off infact, and when the androids finally did attack, it was two totally different androids, one of which was Dr. Gero turned into a cyborg. (They didn't kill him when he first switched them on this time.) The two original androids do appear later, but they are FAR stronger than they were in Trunk's timeline, and Dr. Gero even made another more advanced android even more powerful than those two. So, just from Trunk's brief interference in the past three years earlier, it changed a hell of a lot of the timeline by the time the actual attacks took place.

One of my favorite scenes, was when the main characters asked Trunks why he doesn't just go back again, even earlier, and kill the androids. He responded, "Well, that would save those of you in that timeline, but it would do nothing for those of you here now." They were shocked. Trunks explained to them that when you go back in time, you just create a new separate timeline, your original timeline remains unchanged and unaltered. They then asked him, "Why are you here changing our past if it will do nothing to benefit your own timeline? Nothing you do here will change your future." Trunks smirks and responds, "I just wanted to see a timeline where they were defeated, and you all survived."

Quantum Leap, Sliders, The Trunks Saga, and over the years reading the statements of Michio Kaku on the topic of multiverse theory, those were my inspirations for my obsession with the topic of multiverse theory, and especially time travel associated with multiverse theory.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Previous

Return to General Discussions