View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Sandra Mae Shaw

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby derrida » 17 Nov 2010, 04:17

drunk?
no way!!
suspect than on weekends
not on mondays!

:lol:

i have this keyboard that has this glitch since i formated my computer
i start typing and suddenly i am typing 3 words behind.. i dont know what is doing
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29






Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby Arouet » 17 Nov 2010, 05:10

hmmm, if you are comfortable enough with your device manager, go into it, uninstall your keyboard. Reboot and it should reinstall, hopefully in working order!
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby Kevin Kane » 17 Nov 2010, 18:29

ProfWag wrote:And how many times has a psychic saved a life?


It's unknown how many times psychics have saved lives but psychic abilities have saved lives. How many times have we seen people who had visions or dreams of a future disaster, and decided to alter their actions? Decided not to take that plane, that boat, that car trip. Or just missed the disaster for some reason. Animals also have displayed behaviors that suggest a predictive sense.
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby ProfWag » 17 Nov 2010, 21:57

Kevin Kane wrote:
ProfWag wrote:And how many times has a psychic saved a life?


It's unknown how many times psychics have saved lives but psychic abilities have saved lives. How many times have we seen people who had visions or dreams of a future disaster, and decided to alter their actions? Decided not to take that plane, that boat, that car trip. Or just missed the disaster for some reason. Animals also have displayed behaviors that suggest a predictive sense.

Possibly, possibly. Or, it could have been luck or something else entirely. Animals are an interesting subject as well. Their senses and abilities go much further than we can imagine. The Monarch butterfly migration, my annual hummingbird visit, or an animal's perceived ability to tell when a natural disaster is about to happen are all fascinating animal behaviors.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby derrida » 17 Nov 2010, 23:44

Kevin Kane wrote:
ProfWag wrote:And how many times has a psychic saved a life?


It's unknown how many times psychics have saved lives but psychic abilities have saved lives. How many times have we seen people who had visions or dreams of a future disaster, and decided to alter their actions? Decided not to take that plane, that boat, that car trip. Or just missed the disaster for some reason. Animals also have displayed behaviors that suggest a predictive sense.


first you have to establish there is such as a thing as psychic ability
you (nor any other parapsychologist) has established that successfully
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby Kevin Kane » 18 Nov 2010, 00:09

Actually, I don't have to establish psychic ability in a formal, scientific manner. It's the nature of science to investigate and explain natural phenomena. A great many animals have displayed predictive behaviors..weather, earthquakes, food and survival related. And folklore is full of such observations, yet science doesn't have an answer for these except knee-jerk disbelief. Denial and deliberate ignorance is not science. Failure to investigate and explain is a failure of science, not of nature. Animals, and some humans, don't care if you don't believe them.
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby ProfWag » 18 Nov 2010, 00:49

Kevin Kane wrote:Actually, I don't have to establish psychic ability in a formal, scientific manner. It's the nature of science to investigate and explain natural phenomena. A great many animals have displayed predictive behaviors..weather, earthquakes, food and survival related. And folklore is full of such observations, yet science doesn't have an answer for these except knee-jerk disbelief. Denial and deliberate ignorance is not science. Failure to investigate and explain is a failure of science, not of nature. Animals, and some humans, don't care if you don't believe them.

But are the animal's behaviors paranormal or enhanced physical abilities (acute hearing, feeling, smell, etc.)?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby derrida » 18 Nov 2010, 05:19

Kevin Kane wrote:Actually, I don't have to establish psychic ability in a formal, scientific manner. It's the nature of science to investigate and explain natural phenomena. A great many animals have displayed predictive behaviors..weather, earthquakes, food and survival related. And folklore is full of such observations, yet science doesn't have an answer for these except knee-jerk disbelief. Denial and deliberate ignorance is not science. Failure to investigate and explain is a failure of science, not of nature. Animals, and some humans, don't care if you don't believe them.


i dont believe you :-)

you just want to have powers like hf2
in a lower grade, granted, but it is just the same :-)
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby Kevin Kane » 18 Nov 2010, 15:56

ProfWag wrote:But are the animal's behaviors paranormal or enhanced physical abilities (acute hearing, feeling, smell, etc.)?


Some of it probably is enhanced normal senses. But I believe pre-sensing and remote sensing also occur. It's not easy to explain, but if something exists, it can be sensed.
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby ProfWag » 18 Nov 2010, 22:02

Kevin Kane wrote:
ProfWag wrote:But are the animal's behaviors paranormal or enhanced physical abilities (acute hearing, feeling, smell, etc.)?


Some of it probably is enhanced normal senses. But I believe pre-sensing and remote sensing also occur. It's not easy to explain, but if something exists, it can be sensed.

To expand a bit, isn't that really the underlying premise of human psychics--that they can sense things? And if so, is that sense a comobination of utilization of the 5 known senses or is it something that science has yet to discover?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Sandra Mae Shaw

Postby Kevin Kane » 25 Nov 2010, 05:09

ProfWag wrote:To expand a bit, isn't that really the underlying premise of human psychics--that they can sense things? And if so, is that sense a comobination of utilization of the 5 known senses or is it something that science has yet to discover?


Interpreting a combination of senses requires some internal logic, ie, an interpretative brain. Interpretation typically occurs by comparing information, differences and similarities, etc, and forming a conclusion. Humans and higher animals have this capability. Typical with psychic phenomena, an image, sense or emotion is formed in the brain, similar to how dreams are formed, except it happens while awake. The brain has access to memory, types of stored information about the world, as well as genetic information. So yes, it could be an interpreted sense, a computated result, based on normal senses and not anything exotic.
User avatar
Kevin Kane
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 01:18

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest