[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
What Have Believers Done to Help there Fellow Man/Woman ? : General Discussions - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

What Have Believers Done to Help there Fellow Man/Woman ?

Discuss General Topics.

Re: What Have Believers Done to Help there Fellow Man/Woman

Postby ProfWag » 23 Jun 2010, 23:17

I thought I just posted this, but can't see it so I'll post it again and apologize if it's duplicate.

To be honest, I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about.
PETA is an organization, but whether or not I agree with them, there's nothing that says I can't post on their forum (unless it's against their rules), even if it's to tell them they are wrong. One can belong to a forum without being a member of the organization. I'm not a member of the JREF, but I've posted there. SCOPCOP is not an organization, it's just someone who got ticked off at someone else for banning him from the JREF forum and started his own forum to show them. At least, that's what it appears to be... :-)
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Jun 2010, 23:24

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 23 Jun 2010, 23:49

Perhaps to get back to the topic, is this what you're trying to say really? ?
The JREF has a scholarship they give to those who further their education.
The Bigfoot Researchers do not: www.bfro.net
The UFO researchers do not: www.mufon.com
The American Ass. of Psychics do not: http://www.americanassociationofpsychics.com/
The American Federation of Astrologers do not: http://www.astrologers.com/

Is this along the lines of the point you were trying to make?
ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 24 Jun 2010, 01:15

Indigo Child

Postby really? » 24 Jun 2010, 02:48

Has any paranormal forum spoken out against things like this https://www.buyirenew.com/?MID=860693
Or did anyone against Airborne http://airbornehealth.com/ BTW this company I think retooled this product to do false claims. Or Sylvia Brown and other questionable persons. Or The Secret. [ I do recall Scepcop saying something about it, but I don't remember whether it was pro or con.] No, I'm not asking that this site model itself after JREF. On any of the paranormal sites I visit I rarely see a concerted organised rally of persons speaking out against unfounded claims I just don't see it. I do on sites that are skeptical. It would be nice though to see some more critical evaluation of claims instead of the 'anythings possible' mantra I here often from the New Age community.
Remember that this forum and site has dedicated itself to true skepticism.
really?

Postby really? » 24 Jun 2010, 03:04

Last edited by really? on 24 Jun 2010, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.
really?

Postby Indigo Child » 24 Jun 2010, 03:45

Indigo Child

Postby Indigo Child » 24 Jun 2010, 03:52

Really?

Here is a question for you. Why don't skeptics expose multinational companies
and their ties with politics and wars, such as making profits from oil in Iraq and
Afghanistan? Why don't you expose big powerful elite families like Rothchilds and
Rockefellers, or clandestine groups like Bilderbergs which have influence on many
world issues. Why don't you expose the NAFTA, WTO? Why are you guys at JREF
only concerned with Sylvia brown, Uri Geller etc?

I cannot take you guys that seriously because your skepticism is selective.
Indigo Child

Postby really? » 24 Jun 2010, 04:17

really?

Postby ProfWag » 24 Jun 2010, 04:55

ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 24 Jun 2010, 06:49

Thanks Prowag. I familiar with Kripalu Yoga, although not practiced it myself. I have mostly practiced Tantic forms of Yoga. In any case, one of the biggest authorities on Yoga today in India, Baba Ramdev, who teaches Yoga free of cost in camps throughout India and the world, has cured many people of many so-called incurable disease, and he himself says very boldly and confidently that after sustained practice of Yoga all diseases will eventually go.

Now to understand why this is the case is to understand the etiology of disease in Yogic terms, which is because of poor flow of prana. Your wife should be familiar with terms like chakras, nadis and energy blockages. A disease forms when there is a blockage in our pranic body(energy body) Though the practice of yoga asanas(postures) and pranayama(breathing exercises) and bandhas(locks) we work directly on the energy body. After sustained practice, most diseases begin to disappear.

Ayurveda works on a similar but different system, but complementary to Yoga. In Ayurveda we have doshas which are bioenergies in the body, of which there are three types: vata(air), pitta(heat) and kapha(earth) these govern different areas of the body. For example vata governs the nervous system and movement and is found operating in the space in the body; Pitta governs the metabolic processes in the body, such as digestion and the chemical processes and kapha governs muscle and tissue formation. In Ayurvedic etiology, all disease results due to imbalances in the basic dosas. So all Ayurvedic treatment is designed to balance the dosas using various means of treatment, mainly diet and lifestyle regulations, herbal formulations and sometimes metal compound formulations. It also uses spiritual means of medicine such as mantras and music, colours, gem stones.

However, as you may already know, by far the most popular means is herbal medicine. Now in Ayurvedic classification everything can be classified according to the dosas based on their effect on them. This is something Ayurvedic doctors learned through heuristic analysis back in ancient times. So for instance it was noted that cold weather is vata aggrevating, and this means that cold weather can increase stiffness in joints, lead to more anxiety and dryness etc. So in order to treat this, a basic treatment would be keeping yourself warm.

Diseases can also be classified according to the dosas. So for instance, arthiritis is classified as a vata disorder and the Ayurvedic etiology of arthritis is the accumulation of ama(toxins) sticking to the joints carried by vata in the body. In order to treat this then a vata pacfiying diet and lifestyle practices, and herbal formulations would be recommended. In order to get rid of the built up toxins in the body, Ayurveda has a special detox treatment process called Panchakarma(5 step process) where toxins are expunged from the body.

Ayurveda already had classified most diseases we know today thousands of years ago and developed tried and tested treatments for them. This is why it has remarkable efficacy in treating all known diseases we have today, and in many cases it can actually completely cure them.
You see what is lacking in modern medicine(allopathic medicine) is an understanding of the subtle structures in our body such as prana or bioenergies, and hence why it cannot cure most disases. Rather it cures the symptoms
Last edited by Indigo Child on 24 Jun 2010, 07:10, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo Child

Postby Indigo Child » 24 Jun 2010, 07:08

Indigo Child

Postby ProfWag » 24 Jun 2010, 18:23

ProfWag

Postby really? » 24 Jun 2010, 20:33

really?

Postby really? » 24 Jun 2010, 20:49