[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why Do Conspiracies Have so Much Appeal? : General Discussions - Page 5 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why Do Conspiracies Have so Much Appeal?

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Why Do Conspiracies Have so Much Appeal?

Postby August West » 24 Mar 2012, 05:00

I offered to. You were not interested. Craig was more interested in trying to out-rank me and challenging my credentials.

I'm still eager to share what I know, but none of you asked a single pertinent question regarding my life-long involvement with ufos and alien abductions.
August West

Postby Arouet » 24 Mar 2012, 05:40

Honestly, when you come on like such a douche, are you surprised that people aren't interested in what you have to say?
Arouet

Postby August West » 24 Mar 2012, 07:04

Honestly, when you have nothing to say, are you surprised that people aren't interested in what you have to say?
August West

Postby Arouet » 24 Mar 2012, 07:30

Nope, when I have nothing to say I'm not surprised that people aren't interested in it!
Arouet

Postby August West » 24 Mar 2012, 08:13

Neither am I. And you always have nothing to say.
August West

Postby ProfWag » 24 Mar 2012, 09:30

ProfWag

Postby August West » 24 Mar 2012, 16:56

Was it a false accusation when I stated you posted links to a person's personal information without their permission?

No.

Oh, and my "abusive" behavior leads you to believe I "may not have had the encounter". LOL and why is that? Because all alien abductees are meek and well behaved, right? And all alien abductees never, ever argue back, right? Why, all alien abductees beg politely to be believed, isn't that the case, doctor wag?

Do all alien abductees sit at the back of the bus too?

Oh.Lordy! I done been rude and defensive! Aw, shucks, perfesser, I is truly sorry for bein' one of them "uppity" type alien abductees. I reckon my sass done caused you to lose that there credibility!

You clearly don't know anything about alien abductions or alien abductees. There is no 'typical' alien abductee, wag.

It's stupidity like this that cost you all your credibility with me long ago.
August West

Postby Arouet » 24 Mar 2012, 19:41

Ok, here's a serious reply. Here's where the issue of credibility comes up with you. I forgot you were the guy who started that thread.

Here's how it looks. You came in here complaining that skeptics on other forums were rude and abusive to you and didn't take you seriously when you posted your story of alien abduction. So PW and CB engaged you, asked you a few questions. At the slightest hint that they were not just going to accept every word that you said without question you suddenly became rude and abusive yourself - lashing out at them rather than simply responding to their questions.

You should know that this is a reg flag. It doesn't mean necessarily that you are lying - but it paints you as someone who has no intention of being forthcoming, who doesn't want to be challenged at all, and can't defend their position under even the most mild of questions.

The other problem with going straight to the abuse is it immediately derails the thread and makes people not WANT to engage with you seriously. The result is the subsequent verbal jousting that follewed which was entertaining for a bit to be sure!

The reality is: if you want respect, you have to give it. People aren't going to want to engage with you if all you do is lash out at them because they have the gall not to accept your claims 100%.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 24 Mar 2012, 19:49

ProfWag

Postby August West » 25 Mar 2012, 04:26

Whoa! Let's stop right there - you are lying through your teeth in the first sentence -

1. You DID post a link to someone's personal information, including their name and photo, WITHOUT PERMISSION. That is a fact. To try and lie about it at this point is useless. You're busted, doctor dog.

You state you tried to ask permission after the fact, but "he doesn't answer PM'S". Well guess what that means? You did not have his permission, and still don't.

You mutter some half-assed excuse for violating privacy, that, "if you claim to be a tennis player, it's free game." LOL WTF? Who claimed to be a tennis player? And how does that justify violating their privacy by posting their personal information without their consent? What does 'free game' mean? Did you get a high score on a video game? You're not even making sense. I guess I should quote the great tennis player John McEnroe when he said "You cannot be serious!"

You're a lying sack of doggy-doo in just your first sentence. And you wonder why you lost all your credibility.

2. Ah, but you DON'T have a story that needs to be told, do you? And I'm not "going around calling people assholes," I'm calling YOU an asshole. Big distinction.

3." I'm not a doctor and never claimed to be." Yes, I realize you do not hold the title of Doctor wag, nor do you hold the title of Professor wag, but that is the name and title you have chosen for yourself. And until someone steals your personal information and posts it, like you have done to others, then that's all we have to go by.

4. You DID say that my attitude made you disbelieve my encounters. There is NO attitude that would make me less likely to be an abductee, alien abductees come from all walks of life, all personality types and attitudes. If you knew anything about abductions, you would know that.

5. The word "alien" usually refers to "people from outer space"?

That isn't really true, wag. In fact, back in the 1940s - 1950s, many believed the aliens might be from Mars, or Venus, or somewhere in our solar system, and that is not outer space. Outer space starts at the outer edge of our solar system.

Further,many people,including myself, have come to the conclusion the aliens are not inter-stellar, but inter-dimensional. There are very few serious researchers who think the aliens are from our Earth, and Budd Hopkins was not among them.
August West

Postby ProfWag » 25 Mar 2012, 20:14

ProfWag

Postby August West » 25 Mar 2012, 21:25

Implied permission? Bullshit. He still hasn't given you permission, and you asked him directly, isn't that correct?

And you're no lawyer either. You are the type of creep that gives the internet a bad name, you violated personal information and you haven't even admitted it was wrong yet. Yes, I'm sure you would prefer I drop it, but that isn't going to happen. Every post you put on here will be followed by me reminding anyone who comes in here that you post links to other peoples personal information without their permission.

If there's nothing wrong with that, then what's YOUR real name? Your photo? Put up or shut up.

And, it's a shame when even supposedly reliable sources become stupid and unreliable, but that's a sign of the times. Space starts at the edge of our atmosphere. Outer Space starts at the edge of our solar system. If that definition has been blurred, it's by stupidity, which is rampant these days, not limited to you.

Finally, " Oh lordy, Massuh wag says my uppity attitude done mean I ain't no alien abductee!"

I'm more of an alien contactee than you ever were a 'professor'. Frankly, your attitude makes it very unlikely that you ever instructed anybody on anything. Unless they teach courses on being an asshole. Or violating privacy.
August West

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Mar 2012, 06:20

Oh Mang! I decide to enjoy this beautiful weather and get out of the house and away (yet again) from my computer and this crap is growing faster than my spring weeds.

August West - I've only started to catch up here and I am overwhelmed with "Reported Posts" about you. When lurkers start hitting the "Report" button, you know there's a problem. Sorry, but you're outta here as of today.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 26 Mar 2012, 06:40

LOL. Lurkers! What are you doing reporting posts???? POST YOURSELVES!

AW: you burned bright, your time here was brief but memorable. I wish you godspeed getting banned at your next forum!
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 26 Mar 2012, 06:48

I sincerely wish his posts had more information on abductions. Regardless of my thoughts on abductions, it can be a fascinating subject to discuss if we could have stayed on topic.
ProfWag

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions