View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Is the Paranormal Needed

Discuss General Topics.

Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby really? » 13 Jun 2010, 22:22

I've read a lot questions on this forum and others concerning the paranormal.
Most are of the vain of whether it's real or not.

I think another question to ask is question is. Is the paranormal even needed ?
I mean we have been chugging along just fine without it any solid proof of any facet of it.


Do we really need to read each others thoughts?
Some say crime rates would dramatically fall.

What would the dead have to say that we didn't already know?
That our lost loved ones wished us well? That our mothers loved us?

What real good could come from knowing the future?
Since we would already know then what would be the point of anything?

My vote is no the paranormal is not needed.
There is so much beauty and wonder and mystery in our world as it really is, why make up a fake one?
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58






Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jun 2010, 22:35

I certainly don't believe that the paranormal is "needed".

Ghosts are not "needed", that's for danged sure. However, people do have a need to explain what they might experience that doesn't fit into some neat and tidy scientific category.

Do I need to read someone's mind? Heck no. Can I read someone's mind? Certainly not. Have I experienced an occasional situation that makes me want answers to explain some unusual coincidences that fit into the broad term that is called ESP? Heck yes.

Do I enjoy reading about others personal experiences and points of view on these subjects. Yes. Do I find it interesting that science can explain almost all of these experiences? Yes. Do I still want answers for what can't be proven? Yes. But hey, that's just me.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby Indigo Child » 15 Jun 2010, 04:11

Yes, the paranormal is needed, and it is needed to give us a right view of reality.
You say we should have been chugging along just fine, but I ask really? Do you really
think the last few thousand years of renlentless war, genocide, strife, poverty, corruption,
inequality, oppression is fine? Do you want it to continue like this? Or would you rather there
be peace, love, equality, freedom and harmony on this planet? This is only going to change
when we change our current depressive view of reality where everybody is a meat-body into
the uplifting view of reality where everybody is a spiritual being, with great capacity for love,
joy and wisdom and the sole purpose of life is realise that capacity.

The problem with people on this planet is they do not know the purpose of why they incarnate
and end up aimlessly living their life, being a pain to themselves and a pain to everbody around
them. They reincarnate over and over again living the same life, making little spiritual progress,
and wasting one incarnation after the other.

I don't think it is even debatable that our current way of life needs to change. Knowledge of the
paranormal is essential in bringing about that change.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jun 2010, 04:31

Indigo Child wrote: Do you really
think the last few thousand years of renlentless war, genocide, strife, poverty, corruption,
inequality, oppression is fine? Do you want it to continue like this? Or would you rather there
be peace, love, equality, freedom and harmony on this planet? This is only going to change
when we change our current depressive view of reality where everybody is a meat-body into
the uplifting view of reality where everybody is a spiritual being, with great capacity for love,
joy and wisdom and the sole purpose of life is realise that capacity.

How about this thought Indigo Child: Religion is behind war, genocide, etc. I'm like you in that I would MUCH rather there be peace, love, equality, freedom, and harmony on this planet. What's different with my view, however, is that I believe that peace, love, and harmony can only happen WITHOUT religion.
"Imagine there's no heaven,
it's easy if you try,
no hell below us,
above us only sky.
Imagine all the people,
living for today yu-huh.
Imagine there's no countries,
it isn't hard to do,
nothing to kill or die for,
and no religion too.
Imagine all the people,
living life in peace yu-huh.
You may say I'm a dreamer
but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us,
and the world will be as one.
Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
no need for greed or hunger,
a brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people,
sharing all the world yu-huh.
You may say I'm a dreamer ..."

John Lennon Imagine
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby Indigo Child » 15 Jun 2010, 05:36

How about this thought Indigo Child: Religion is behind war, genocide, etc. I'm like you in that I would MUCH rather there be peace, love, equality, freedom, and harmony on this planet. What's different with my view, however, is that I believe that peace, love, and harmony can only happen WITHOUT religion.


It is a simplistic argument to blames the woes of humanity on religion. One of the most destructive times in the history
of human civilisation in the last 10,000 years, has been in the so-called age of reason and science. During this period
we have seen systematic genocide and slavery of indigenous people(Native Americans, Africans, Aborigines, Asians) we
have seen two devestating world wars, holocausts and endless genocides going on in the world right up to this very date.
In this time have seen massive exploitation of third world countries and exploitation of the working class, as well as
systematic pillaging of the planet and destruction of its ecosystems. We are now on the brink of a total economic meltdown
and a third world war, that could decimate more than half of the worlds population. The scientiic religion has proved to be
the worst religion in our history.

Not that I support religion either. I support spirituality, and spirituality is all about self-development, cultivating the higher
potentials of humans beings, so that we have more loving, joyful and wise humans beings on this planet. Can you imagine
what the world be like if everybody was a Buddha? In order to do this we need to understand that there are dimensions of
life which go beyond the physical. This is why we need the paranormal today and need to awaken people to the paranormal
realities.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby really? » 15 Jun 2010, 08:23

Indigo Child wrote:Yes, the paranormal is needed, and it is needed to give us a right view of reality.
You say we should have been chugging along just fine, but I ask really? Do you really
think the last few thousand years of renlentless war, genocide, strife, poverty, corruption,
inequality, oppression is fine? Do you want it to continue like this? Or would you rather there
be peace, love, equality, freedom and harmony on this planet? This is only going to change
when we change our current depressive view of reality where everybody is a meat-body into
the uplifting view of reality where everybody is a spiritual being, with great capacity for love,
joy and wisdom and the sole purpose of life is realise that capacity.

The problem with people on this planet is they do not know the purpose of why they incarnate
and end up aimlessly living their life, being a pain to themselves and a pain to everbody around
them. They reincarnate over and over again living the same life, making little spiritual progress,
and wasting one incarnation after the other.

I don't think it is even debatable that our current way of life needs to change. Knowledge of the
paranormal is essential in bringing about that change.


According to you the paranormal has been and always will be. I say it's not made one damn difference.
You know something you sound like some Xtains I know. They say you can't be moral without God which absolutely wrong.
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby really? » 15 Jun 2010, 08:25

Indigo Child wrote:
How about this thought Indigo Child: Religion is behind war, genocide, etc. I'm like you in that I would MUCH rather there be peace, love, equality, freedom, and harmony on this planet. What's different with my view, however, is that I believe that peace, love, and harmony can only happen WITHOUT religion.


It is a simplistic argument to blames the woes of humanity on religion. One of the most destructive times in the history
of human civilisation in the last 10,000 years, has been in the so-called age of reason and science. During this period
we have seen systematic genocide and slavery of indigenous people(Native Americans, Africans, Aborigines, Asians) we
have seen two devestating world wars, holocausts and endless genocides going on in the world right up to this very date.
In this time have seen massive exploitation of third world countries and exploitation of the working class, as well as
systematic pillaging of the planet and destruction of its ecosystems. We are now on the brink of a total economic meltdown
and a third world war, that could decimate more than half of the worlds population. The scientiic religion has proved to be
the worst religion in our history.

Not that I support religion either. I support spirituality, and spirituality is all about self-development, cultivating the higher
potentials of humans beings, so that we have more loving, joyful and wise humans beings on this planet. Can you imagine
what the world be like if everybody was a Buddha? In order to do this we need to understand that there are dimensions of
life which go beyond the physical. This is why we need the paranormal today and need to awaken people to the paranormal
realities.


Poor ID he or she has such a parochial view of history.
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jun 2010, 09:26

Indigo Child wrote:
It is a simplistic argument to blames the woes of humanity on religion. One of the most destructive times in the history
of human civilisation in the last 10,000 years, has been in the so-called age of reason and science. During this period
we have seen systematic genocide and slavery of indigenous people(Native Americans, Africans, Aborigines, Asians) we
have seen two devestating world wars, holocausts and endless genocides going on in the world right up to this very date.
In this time have seen massive exploitation of third world countries and exploitation of the working class, as well as
systematic pillaging of the planet and destruction of its ecosystems. We are now on the brink of a total economic meltdown
and a third world war, that could decimate more than half of the worlds population. The scientiic religion has proved to be
the worst religion in our history.


It may be simplistic to argue, but it's quite true.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby Indigo Child » 15 Jun 2010, 11:25

It may be simplistic to argue, but it's quite true.


At least you admit it is simplistic ;) You do not think critically
about things, you see them in rather black and white terms.

You failed to respond to my point that the most destructive
period in the history of humanity has been in the so-called age
of reason and science. Your materialistic religion has been a cancer
on this planet.

The reason why we have had so much suffering, war, violence,
corruption and oppression is because human beings are spiritually
underdeveloped. They have not cultivated their higher nature, they
are weak in spirit and in mind. The solution is clear, get them to
practice meditation, living mindfully and living according to ethical
and ecological priciples to promote health and well being. Each human
being must transform themselves if they want to transform the world.
Indigo Child
 
Posts: 327
Joined: 22 May 2009, 08:01

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby diddyp333 » 15 Jun 2010, 17:10

Interesting thread! ive been thinking the same thing myself. If it were proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was say an afterlife and that we continue to exist in some other dimension when we die surley this would do know good at all. for instance knowing this, people who didnt like there life would just kill themselves....murder would be just a way of getting rid of someone and not seen as a crime....if you lost a loved one you could just kill yourself and probably take your family with you knowing you would join them...none of which seems like a nice place to live but then again maybe that is what will happen...a kind of DIY Armageddon!
diddyp333
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 20 Dec 2009, 23:55

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jun 2010, 17:59

Indigo Child wrote:
It may be simplistic to argue, but it's quite true.


At least you admit it is simplistic ;) You do not think critically
about things, you see them in rather black and white terms.


Uhhhhhhh yea. Okay. Perhaps you should look back at your posts while thinking to yourself what a critical thinker actually is.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby caniswalensis » 16 Jun 2010, 23:39

"Need" is a strong word.

At the most basic level, Humans need oxygen, food, water, & a livable tempature range to survive. Without these resources, we would not last long at all. Over the long term, we also need things like shelter, medicine & companionship to stay happy & healthy.

Then there are lesser "needs" that facilitate our lives & make them easier. We need to speak the langauge of the area we live in. Some people need private transportaion. Some people need bus passes. Almost everyone needs a hammer now & then. I occasionally "need" a giant slushy from the Sonic down the road. :lol:


One hundred years ago, computers were not invented, and people got along fine without them. They were not "needed" back then. I doubt that there are many people that would want to give up their computers and go back to those days, though. We could do it, but it would make many tasks more difficult or impossible to do. They are "needed" now.


I think that if paranormal things like psi-powers and communication with the dead are ever proven to be real, people will find uses for them. As a matter of fact, some companies like Sony have already tried to harness psi-powers. If the day comes, people will quickly get used to having their psi- powered gizmos, and think "How did we ever do without this?" :)

Regards, Canis
"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha
caniswalensis
 
Posts: 208
Joined: 02 Jun 2010, 03:41

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby leo100 » 03 Jul 2010, 07:20

really? wrote:I've read a lot questions on this forum and others concerning the paranormal.
Most are of the vain of whether it's real or not.

I think another question to ask is question is. Is the paranormal even needed ?
I mean we have been chugging along just fine without it any solid proof of any facet of it.


Do we really need to read each others thoughts?
Some say crime rates would dramatically fall.

What would the dead have to say that we didn't already know?
That our lost loved ones wished us well? That our mothers loved us?

Yes a lot of good we would know that their is a purpose and reason for why we here.

What real good could come from knowing the future?
Since we would already know then what would be the point of anything?

Well hmm we could possibly save lives

My vote is no the paranormal is not needed.
There is so much beauty and wonder and mystery in our world as it really is, why make up a fake one?
leo100
 
Posts: 53
Joined: 21 May 2009, 23:22


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron