View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Animal Cruelty

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Animal Cruelty

Postby Nostradamus » 16 Nov 2009, 10:56

A person should be balanced, not in one extreme or another, I think.

Scepcop, this reminds me of something my dad used to say, a saying I think might have come from the story Shangri-La. He said,

"Everything in moderation, including moderation itself."

And to confess as many in this thread have, I am a fake vegetarian. I have done a lot of traveling in the US and elsewhere and am perfectly happy to eat vegetarian although I won't turn down meat. When I traveled in the US I was a fake vegetarian for years because I could not store meat. It was a matter of storage, not a philosophical decision. Thus, I call myself a fake vegetarian.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby The Warrigal » 16 Nov 2009, 23:50

I'm a hunter and I consider myself to be an animal lover.

I see no contradiction there.

I enjoy some vegetarian dishes but I don't make an ideology out of it.

Hunting is a sport of ethics and sport hunting is a practice which benifits the natural world.
The Warrigal

Postby ciscop » 18 Nov 2009, 02:46

antiskeptic wrote:I was wondering, Mr. Wu, if we could start an animal anti-cruelty section of this forum. For whatever reasons, (probably not very good reasons) the skeptic movement seems to have taken a somewhat strong stance against the animal rights movement. Episode number 167 of the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe had a section that was anti-PETA. More recently - so did P. Z. Myers:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009 ... ghouls.php

I know that this is not a paranormal subject, but neither is bigfoot or homeopathy. There are many different ideas that are harshly condemned by the skeptic movement. If we are going to beat them back, as well as promote open-minded thinking, we need to try to protect as many alternative ideas as possible from the attacks of the skeptic movement.

you ignorance about skepticism is incredible
i do not support animal cruelty
i just think people like PETA and ELF
are just a bunch of hipocritical idiots

http://www.rustylime.com/show_article.php?id=3415

but since you are the antiskeptic
you lack the tools of critical thinking and cant see the big picture
go back to your coloring books
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 18 Nov 2009, 03:32

ciscop's making freinds again i see :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
brett

Postby ciscop » 18 Nov 2009, 04:00

brett wrote:ciscop's making freinds again i see :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you know me well
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ciscop » 20 Nov 2009, 14:29

Amherstclane wrote:Hi Friends.

i support that
if by needlesly you mean we still get to eat meat.. we are almost texans here
we do bbq every week, i wouldnt change that for tofu

i am not a fan of hunting neither
there's a show on tv about hunters... is awfull
you see a mighty bear getting shot by a fat beer drinking redneck
ooohhhh... is so sad
ciscop

Previous

Return to General Discussions