View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Pet psychic interviews orca about death of trainer

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

Pet psychic interviews orca about death of trainer

Postby Nostradamus » 07 Mar 2010, 11:55

From http://www.independent.com/news/2010/mar/06/life-sentence/

Anonymous male orca: “I know what that orca did. Everyone has been talking about it and they have been staying farther away from our enclosure than normal. People who did not fear us fear us now.

Those of us that have lived in the wild know that how we live now is torture. The water burns our skin, the light damages our thoughts and our brains, the food does not nourish, and our muscles feel weak because we cannot work them like we would in the wild. The sounds in the waters here are clanking. They are not natural.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: Pet psychic interviews orca about death of trainer

Postby The Professor » 07 Mar 2010, 12:43

So this Psychic didn't even interview the actual Orca that Killed the girl?

That would make it "Hearsay" and not admissible as fact ! :)

I've personally seen both the trainer and the REAL killer whale numerous times over the years.

There's a big problem with this article. Did you bother to check it out further?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby Nostradamus » 07 Mar 2010, 12:48

Not my job. If you want to check it out further you can if you want to.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 07 Mar 2010, 12:49

It is hearsay,but no one was involved in making a legal brief so therefore it stands as in the public forum where hearsay is not an issue.
Nostradamus

Postby The Professor » 07 Mar 2010, 12:52

Nostradamus wrote:It is hearsay,but no one was involved in making a legal brief so therefore it stands as in the public forum where hearsay is not an issue.

So it is not truthful enough to be used as evidence in a court of law then ... Correct?
The Professor

Postby Nostradamus » 07 Mar 2010, 12:57

No. Your logic fails you.
Nostradamus

Postby The Professor » 07 Mar 2010, 14:47

Nostradamus wrote:No. Your logic fails you.

So it CAN be used in a court of law then?

I'd love to see that :)
The Professor

Postby Craig Browning » 07 Mar 2010, 23:46

Nostradamus wrote:Not my job. If you want to check it out further you can if you want to.

OMG! Someone that's after my soul!

You have no idea how sick & tired I get with the various schmucks out there that want me to supply them with "details" because they are too lazy to look things up themselves; frequently hiding behind the mantra that he that makes the claim must supply the proof... oi vey!

The incident with the Orca is not the first... there was a similar accident in the 70s in which the trainer's stomach got cut deep by the whale but it was pure accident; the whale in question refused to eat or perform for nearly a week... until it saw the trainer he's hurt and knew they were ok. Then he was back to normal. I've had a similar experience with the Leopard that nailed me... when it is an actual "accident" the animals tend to go into a state of remorse, especially when they host a bond with their trainer.

The other thing... the piece of the puzzle that's missing here... is why the Orca hurt this particular trainer? There's always a reason... a "trigger" that will cause any animal to do this sort of thing; especially if the animal has a long history of being well behaved. It might be illness or some sort of environmental trigger, but whenever an animal become aggressive, even in the wild, there is a reason. Sometimes it could simply be that something wasn't in sync to the normal routine.

Nonetheless, what we have in this instance is a member of PETA claiming to be Psychic and trying to influence the political tide about keeping such animals (any animal... including house pets, farm animals, etc.) in captivity and used as a source of amusement. Sorry, but I really think this type of person needs to be dissected just to see what makes them tick, they're obviously not in touch with reality. :twisted:
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 08 Mar 2010, 21:56

So it CAN be used in a court of law then?

You logic fails you because truth and evidence in a court of law are not the same thing. The rules for evidence do not concern the truth of the matter, but the source of the matter.
Nostradamus

Postby Azrael » 15 Mar 2010, 19:19

Craig Browning wrote:
Nostradamus wrote:Not my job. If you want to check it out further you can if you want to.

OMG! Someone that's after my soul!

You have no idea how sick & tired I get with the various schmucks out there that want me to supply them with "details" because they are too lazy to look things up themselves; frequently hiding behind the mantra that he that makes the claim must supply the proof... oi vey!

*snip*

Nostradamus provided a link and suggested The Professor check it further, you do not even do that.You just post fantasies and expect people to investigate them. Of course if you wish to post a link to your wild claims about Randi refusing to test a succesful applicant who passed preliminary challenge Im keen to see it.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby Craig Browning » 15 Mar 2010, 20:09

So let me guess... Jack or Harry?
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 15 Mar 2010, 20:17

Azrael I suspect that the professor did not do any investigation of the article. I simply post issues I bump into. If they spark any interest in the reader they can continue to look for more information and if they choose to, they can post more entries.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 19 Mar 2010, 02:01

From http://www.independent.com/news/2010/mar/13/makia-insulin/
Here's a pet psychic that tells us how a cat feels about diabetes

The cat's diabetic information is simple. It's the sort of symptoms seen in animals and often the clues to people that the animals are diabetic.

There are facts about the life of a cat such as the cat meditates.

When I meditate now I meditate on how I can help you change the world rather than trying to force my body to work better.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Mar 2010, 04:28

When I meditate now I meditate on how I can help you change the world rather than trying to force my body to work better.

Anyone who ever thought they 'owned' a cat knows this. Cats don't have owners, cats have staff.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 19 Mar 2010, 09:54

So true. We ended up with a kitten that arrived at our place on top of the car's gas tank. Must have been a scary place during the drive down the interstate. Now we are the cat's staff.
Nostradamus

Next

Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions