View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

My 100% accurate horoscope

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

Re: My 100% accurate horoscope

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Jan 2011, 04:41

Mancozeb - Welcome to the forum.

Hi all - I just got an email from Jenna - EXACTLY the same as ProfWag's. Same dates and all the same guff. Identical.

Wow! Form letter horoscopes. That's even worse than a really bad attempt at doing someone's horoscope.

This fraud doesn't even make the effort to make stuff up.

Thanks for that information and again, welcome to the forum.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 11 Jan 2011, 21:09

Mancozeb wrote:Hi all - I just got an email from Jenna - EXACTLY the same as ProfWag's. Same dates and all the same guff. Identical.

And I'm a Cancerian ! Cancerians are supposed to be very different to Leos - astrologically!

Doesn't say much for Jenna - other than her undoubted skills at attempting to turn a buck. That is, if an individual "Jenna" exists.

Thank you Mancozeb! Wow, and I really wonder how many people paid her for her reading. And "believers" wonder why I'm skeptical? Jenna originally had an advertisement on this forum stating her astrology reading was 100% accurate and that she was the best. Perhaps this shows I continue looking for the best astrologer in the world? Wish Don was still hanging on here so he could point me in the right direction as it appears Jenna may not be the one...
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Jan 2011, 06:11

I was going to start an entire new topic for this NEWS FLASH that explains all the problems with ProfWag's astrology quandries but I figured I'd just stick it here. Here's the whole problem: Your zodiac sign may have changed. Imagine that!
The star doctors say Earth right now is in a totally different spot in relation to the sun and its equatorial alignment than it was 3,000 years ago.
That's when the 12 zodiac signs were assigned.

Now I'm confused because 3,000 years of astrology don't mean what it used to. Danged poles shifting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41047777
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 14 Jan 2011, 09:56

NinjaPuppy wrote:I was going to start an entire new topic for this NEWS FLASH that explains all the problems with ProfWag's astrology quandries but I figured I'd just stick it here. Here's the whole problem: Your zodiac sign may have changed. Imagine that!
The star doctors say Earth right now is in a totally different spot in relation to the sun and its equatorial alignment than it was 3,000 years ago.
That's when the 12 zodiac signs were assigned.

Now I'm confused because 3,000 years of astrology don't mean what it used to. Danged poles shifting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41047777

I'm not a big fan of the website, but this headline cracked me up:
New zodiac sign Ophiuchus: Why astrology is even sillier than we thought
http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/0113/New-zodiac-sign-Ophiuchus-Why-astrology-is-even-sillier-than-we-thought
ProfWag

Postby really? » 25 Jan 2011, 23:06

This furthers the evidence that astrology should not be taken seriously.

Data from 22,000+ Horoscopes Shows True Nature of Astrology PDF Print E-mail
Swift
Written by Bart Farkas
Monday, 24 January 2011 17:52
There have been a lot of studies on the subject of horoscopes, astrology, and astrological predictions in general and as Wikipedia so succinctly tells us: “Studies have repeatedly failed to demonstrate statistically significant relationships between astrological predictions and operationally defined outcomes.” In short, when put to the scientific test horoscopes succeed as much as chance alone in predicting whatever parameter they are purported to predict.
A chart showing the most common words used in horoscopes on Yahoo.com's horoscope web pages.
Of course, believers in Astrology usually repeat the same old tired explanations for the inability of science to confirm astrological predictions. These include a lack of scientific equipment or theory capable of measuring or understanding the mystery of astrology, and of course simple lack of belief. As former JREF President and Bad Astronomer Phil Plait has pointed out many a time and in great detail: “Astrology is wrong.” Seriously, if you want to know why Astrology and Horoscopes can’t possibly make any sense, read Phil’s take on it here at his Bad Astronomy website (http://www.badastronomy.com).

The reason I bring this up is that a fine chap named David McCandless recently analyzed 22,168 horoscopes from the Yahoo.com astrology website in an effort to see if there was any correlation between the sorts of words that most commonly appear in horoscopes. After filtering out words like ‘the’, ‘and’ and the like, McCandless discovered that no matter what sign a person may be, and no matter what type of horoscope a person may be reading, the words that appear are pretty much identical with over a 90% match between signs.

They even isolated the most common words and wrote a generic meta-prediction that applies to all of the star signs for every day of the year. Here is what they came up with:

“Whatever the situation or secret moment, enjoy everything a lot. Feel able to absolutely care. Expect nothing else. Keep making love. Family and friends matter. The world is life, fun and energy. Maybe hard. Or easy. Taking exactly enough is best. Help and talk to others. Change your mind and a better mood comes along…”

Wow, reading that has just changed my life; specifically in that the 30 seconds I spent reading it is time that I can never get back. We need to take our hats off to folks like David who go to the trouble of exposing Astrology for what it really is, and the resulting graphic that his team came up with to show the most common words is actually sort of pleasing to the eyes. Read more about the report here or visit http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/.
really?

Previous

Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions