View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Finding a good Reader

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

Finding a good Reader

Postby Emily » 16 Jul 2014, 02:10

Tarot readers, psychics, and energy healers are extremely expensive in my area. There are a lot of them too since it's a big city. How can I tell if the person is skilled and credible in their field? I would like to get appointments regularly for advice (hopefully with a tarot reader), but I don't want to waste a few hundred dollars a weak on someone who is still learning the art or someone who is faking it.

Is there a site/organization I can go to for credible readers? How can I tell if someone is skilled in their psychic field?

Any help is appreciated.
Emily

Re: Finding a good Reader

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Jul 2014, 03:18

Emily wrote:Tarot readers, psychics, and energy healers are extremely expensive in my area. There are a lot of them too since it's a big city. How can I tell if the person is skilled and credible in their field? I would like to get appointments regularly for advice (hopefully with a tarot reader), but I don't want to waste a few hundred dollars a weak on someone who is still learning the art or someone who is faking it.

Is there a site/organization I can go to for credible readers? How can I tell if someone is skilled in their psychic field?

Any help is appreciated.

Ummm, the word "credible" is a problem when it comes to this sort of thing. ;) It's a basic crap shoot to find someone but since you are looking to get appointments for "regular" advice, why not buy a good book and learn how to use tarot cards for yourself? The cost of the book and a nice deck of cards can provide you with hours of amusement and meditation that can sometimes do more for you than a so called professional.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Emily » 20 Jul 2014, 12:13

I have considered learning, but I honestly don't have a lot of time to devote to that because of my work schedule (I work in the medical world. Shifts are ridiculous plus continuing education requirements to maintain my license). Besides, I would then just be a newbie at the task. I wouldn't know if my readings on from the cards was actually correct. By doing it myself, I also wouldn't have the benefit of receiving an unbiased opinion on the situation. I'd rather err on the side of caution and allow a professional to do their job.
Emily

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jul 2014, 04:42

Let's go back to your original question:

I'm sure that some such list exists out there with many well skilled people in their field. How much it will co$t you to personally find that out could be a high price to pay.
NinjaPuppy

Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions