View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Any of you ever use tarot cards or runes?

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

Re: Any of you ever use tarot cards or runes?

Postby Craig Browning » 12 Oct 2010, 02:33

Twain Shakespeare wrote:Sorry Craig, third attempt referred to the computer trouble I was having. I did not expect the posting to succeed. Sincere apologies for the resulting confusion.

"TAROT BEEN THERE DONE THAT" posted above is my account of the three times the tarot was read for me. Each time the reader claimed the cards came out in the same sequence. That is what I would like a reader's take on. My reader was in his twenties, and in about stage two then three, of the training regimen you described. My experiences with divination have been too uncanny for me to want to importune casually.
Thank you for inquiring when I failed to be clear, Craig. I really would like to know what you think, however dismissive or frightening it might be. Peace

This reminds me of a situation I had in Ohio some years ago; a lady friend asked me to do a Reading for her but she was not happy with the what I said, so you sent to another psychic and another... long story short, each of us more or less said the very same thing; it frustrated her to no end. :lol:

Having the same exact spread is rare, having the same cards in a spread happens, but rarely and typically it won't be the same exact cards but rather, cards with a similar meaning; but the other does happen from time to time when the information is more a matter of personal warning or prophetic/immanent, this is going to happen IF type of thing... Again, exceptionally rare for it to happen twice in a row, let alone three or four times.

Hope that covers your question. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 14 Oct 2010, 15:47

Thanx Craig, yes it does. You apparently feel I have grounds to take this seriously. Fortunately, the interp I got, both from my own theory of what tarot meant, the reader, and one other, is simply that I am the fool, a message I have received in many forms from oracles to school teachers to I think, even you ;) Fortunately that means I am just a man, and this is the human trip I am on. Not much on details, but epic in scope :)
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby Craig Browning » 14 Oct 2010, 23:06

Twain Shakespeare wrote:Thanx Craig, yes it does. You apparently feel I have grounds to take this seriously. Fortunately, the interp I got, both from my own theory of what tarot meant, the reader, and one other, is simply that I am the fool, a message I have received in many forms from oracles to school teachers to I think, even you ;) Fortunately that means I am just a man, and this is the human trip I am on. Not much on details, but epic in scope :)

THE FOOL is a very important card and the crux of the Tarot in fact.(See: http://www.learntarot.com/journey.htm)

The bag/pack he carries contains all of the mysteries and more, he's not a "fool" in the sense of being a buffoon but in the sense of being a bit naive and just starting out, either in life or some new venture for which he has little to no experience. The road ahead offering many options, some seeming safer than others and yet, they could actually prove the more deceptive and dangerous vs. taking the sometimes more difficult and slower path that has been proven to bring about positive end results for the majority of folks in life.

The Fool is a young, inquisitive mind seeking knowledge as well as confirmation of his existing theories and views about things. He's in no way stupid, just ignorant -- a student that's willing to learn and in most instances, he's a perpetual student; the sort of busybody that is constantly seeking to learn as much as he can on a variety of issues. Sadly, this is also a negative in that it comes off as a kind of ADHD syndrome and an inability to focus and stick with specific lines of thought. But, as the tale in the above link explains, this is why he encounters so many different types of teachers and life lessons; so as to learn how to keep level and firm footing.

Being designated The Fool is not the negative many assume. I'd suggest you do some research about him so you can better understand just how important he is and why having him as your "significator" is a good sign.
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 15 Oct 2010, 00:03

When you do tarot who shuffles the cards, the reader or the subject? Could the reader pull off a magic trick like in those videos in the other thread? Could sending out the cards in a certain order and then stopping the reading in a dramatic way be a bit?
Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 16 Oct 2010, 23:28

Arouet wrote:When you do tarot who shuffles the cards, the reader or the subject? Could the reader pull off a magic trick like in those videos in the other thread? Could sending out the cards in a certain order and then stopping the reading in a dramatic way be a bit?

There are virtually hundred of tricks that can be done with the Tarot... essentially anything you'd find in the majority of magic books provided you learn how to palm& control such an awkward sized card (not impossible but not logical either). I actually have published several such routines that I use at parties when hired as a "Psychic Entertainer" (which is the only time I use trickery of any form; when I'm there to entertain I don't pull punches :twisted: )

On the Other Hand, when I do Readings I do not touch the cards during the mixing, selection, etc. the client mixes the cards however they see fit then removes 10 cards from random areas of the deck laying them face down in a pile. Once dealt into the pile, it's my turn; I pick up and square the packet and deal out three rows of three (typically) setting the one off to the side as a special "key" or "guide" card.

Once this is done I literally translate each image, reveal how these images connect to one another based on position in the spread, etc. and thus I LITERALLY READ THE CARDS. It is only after I've gone through each card one by one, that I ask any questions of the sitter. Specifically, "Does this apply to your concern?" or "Does that make sense to you?"

Yes, they will try to make it "fit" but I actually discourage that. I want them to go with what their gut says, not their conscious mind. If their gut says "NO" then that's the right response and I'm obliged to look at the spread a bit deeper so as to clarify what's being presented. Offering a client any sort of canned spiel won't get you very far in this line of work; it's a quick way to be "outed" and run out of town, the truth being known. Not by the "authorities" but by the other psychics working in the area; charlatan actions hurt their reputation and business, it's that simple.

DIVINATION which is what the Tarot, Runes, etc. are, IS NOT the same thing as prophecy. While most educated skeptics are aware of this, it remains one of the gaping holes associated with Readings that most cynics love to jump through, screaming that it doesn't work, doesn't reveal the future, etc. The truth being that it does reveal what is what in the moment, allowing the sitter their own freedom of will... the ability to alter their attitudes and whatever actions they may be contemplating so as to change the forecast. It is very, very rare that anything offered in way of insight to a client is genuine prophecy; something that would prove exceptionally difficult to change if at all.

The soul purpose of divination is to aid the client in their decision making processes, not to look at the future so much... at least not in the way most assume. The actual goal being more a matter of "what is most likely to happen if I do or don't do this?" Thus, the reason why military leaders and rulers throughout history have consulted oracles when it came to major decisions.

A sub-factor with divination is "Healing Work" in the sense of psychological healing; helping the client see his/her flaws as well as strengths and working WITH THEM so as to overcome negative habits and even how they look at their lives and environment. This therapeutic aspect of divination is part of what inspired the early researchers of Psychiatry/Psychology when it came to the Universal sense of symbolism, their meanings and associations. All that these researchers ultimately achieved is a less esoteric and more analytically understood version of the same thing. :lol:
Craig Browning

Postby gigig » 02 Mar 2012, 02:21

I have had tarot readings. A tarot reading can help you understand your past, the present and what to expect in the future. It gives meaning to the circumstances that surround you in your life. A tarot gives you guidelines and helps you better understand the choices that stay ahead of you. Runes are quite good for providing you with answers to questions of love, power and money.
[Spam link removed by Mod]
[OP Post Locked]
gigig

Postby Craig Browning » 02 Mar 2012, 23:27

gigig wrote:I have had [spam link removed by mod] tarot readings. A tarot reading can help you understand your past, the present and what to expect in the future. It gives meaning to the circumstances that surround you in your life. A tarot gives you guidelines and helps you better understand the choices that stay ahead of you. Runes are quite good for providing you with answers to questions of love, power and money.

Though dated, nice ad copy. . . my cards suggests a short life however, in that spam-bots aren't appreciated by the majority of folks. :x
Craig Browning

Previous

Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions