View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

horoscope

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

horoscope

Postby zihinasy » 12 May 2012, 19:27

What will be the Horoscope (panetary position )of a new born baby when he born in the Moon? We know that some time at the end of A.D. 2020,it is possible that human delivery (birth )may take place in the moon.At that time what will the Astrolegers will do to calculate his horoscope?
Spam signature removed by Moderator
User avatar
zihinasy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 May 2012, 14:26






Re: horoscope

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 13 May 2012, 01:11

That will be the first and simplest prob, since Luna shares basically the same orbit. If I were casting such a horoscope, my first assumption would be that one should assign the traditional Lunar influence to Earth, and otherwisse proceed as traditionally as possible.

Other planets become more problematic. From Mrs or Venus orbits, both Earth and Moon can be seen separately, but is the seperation far enough to put them far enough apart to be significant. A competent technician in astronomy could tell, but I don't know. Should they be treated as separate entities, or simply as Luna? And what becomes the relevance of one's birth planet, which is not in the chart? One possibility is that the influence is transferred to Earth. All these hypothesis woulod have to be tested until enough data was accumulated to determine the accuracy of the predictions (As the Chaldeans doubtless did with the surviving Atlantean supercomputers ;) )
Mrs will also give us our first opportunity to figure out the effects of other moons. What are the significance of Demos and Phobus? The problem will be immense on on satellite of Saturn of Jupiter, with thirty or forty "planets" to chart, and extra solar planets are literally off the charts. How will the houses and signs match to different constellations? If astrology is valid, some new personality types may be revealed among the starborn.

By the way, is Pluto still considered an "astrological" planet? How about the rest of the plutonic type bodies?

As I said, it may be hogwash, but I would love for us to have a real opportunity to worry about it.

One last consideration. The rotation of Luna is slow enough planets would remain in a particular aspect for days, rather than hours, and on Venus, the motion of the planets would be likelier to move them from house and sign quicker than rotation would.

Thankyou for asking a question I have been wanting to answer since I was twelve.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
User avatar
Twain Shakespeare
 
Posts: 375
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 05:19
Location: El Paso Del Norte on the sunny Jornada del Muerta

Re: horoscope

Postby ProfWag » 14 May 2012, 20:50

If (IF) astrology is a bunch of nonsense, then it wouldn't matter where someone is born, would it?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: horoscope

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 15 May 2012, 04:34

ProfWag wrote:If (IF) astrology is a bunch of nonsense, then it wouldn't matter where someone is born, would it?



Of course it matters then Prof. The potential for raking in exhobant profits on the pretext of having to perform new calculations is high enough to make Randi take up the art. ;)

Also, Prof, an interesting implication of the study of language and meaning is that any grammar creates meaning. As a self consistent system, Astrology has an internal logic that does bear a relation to reality, and it works within its own terms. Of course, the same thing can be said of Scientology or Objectivism, both of which look as ridiculous as astrology does from outside, but within them, they are the very determinants of sense and nonsense, of what can be thought, and what cannot even be imagined.

A further implication of studies of information theory, and quantum theory, is that awareness consists of information creating a grammar of meaning. Awareness is the life form of information, and language is the mimetic code that communicates and replicates memes in another awareness.

This brings me to a point where I can see Astrology, or Scientolgy, or Objectivism, or preudo-skepticism, as grammars that have as much noumenal reality as any physical fact, and they are as capable of imposing themselves on reality as is a rock, or an ad campaign, or a man shouting fire in a crowded theatre.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
User avatar
Twain Shakespeare
 
Posts: 375
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 05:19
Location: El Paso Del Norte on the sunny Jornada del Muerta

Re: horoscope

Postby ProfWag » 15 May 2012, 21:01

Twain Shakespeare wrote:
ProfWag wrote:If (IF) astrology is a bunch of nonsense, then it wouldn't matter where someone is born, would it?



Of course it matters then Prof. The potential for raking in exhobant profits on the pretext of having to perform new calculations is high enough to make Randi take up the art. ;)

Also, Prof, an interesting implication of the study of language and meaning is that any grammar creates meaning. As a self consistent system, Astrology has an internal logic that does bear a relation to reality, and it works within its own terms. Of course, the same thing can be said of Scientology or Objectivism, both of which look as ridiculous as astrology does from outside, but within them, they are the very determinants of sense and nonsense, of what can be thought, and what cannot even be imagined.

A further implication of studies of information theory, and quantum theory, is that awareness consists of information creating a grammar of meaning. Awareness is the life form of information, and language is the mimetic code that communicates and replicates memes in another awareness.

This brings me to a point where I can see Astrology, or Scientolgy, or Objectivism, or preudo-skepticism, as grammars that have as much noumenal reality as any physical fact, and they are as capable of imposing themselves on reality as is a rock, or an ad campaign, or a man shouting fire in a crowded theatre.

I think you skirted my point. If there was nothing to astrology (in other words, if the alignment of the stars has no bearing on the personality or direction of an individual), then it wouldn't matter if someone was born in the U.S., Russia, the moon, or even Mars. It would still be the day to day life that a person experiences that forms their personality and direction. Right?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: horoscope

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 May 2012, 22:31

ProfWag wrote:If there was nothing to astrology (in other words, if the alignment of the stars has no bearing on the personality or direction of an individual), then it wouldn't matter if someone was born in the U.S., Russia, the moon, or even Mars. It would still be the day to day life that a person experiences that forms their personality and direction. Right?

Ahhhh, the old "Nature vs. Nurture" question. :D
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: horoscope

Postby ProfWag » 16 May 2012, 02:53

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ProfWag wrote:If there was nothing to astrology (in other words, if the alignment of the stars has no bearing on the personality or direction of an individual), then it wouldn't matter if someone was born in the U.S., Russia, the moon, or even Mars. It would still be the day to day life that a person experiences that forms their personality and direction. Right?

Ahhhh, the old "Nature vs. Nurture" question. :D

Welllll, yes, I guess. I'm not trying to debate astrology at this point, but all I'm saying is that the original poster was asking how being born on the moon would affect horrorscopes (or some question like that) and all I was questioning is that one is assuming there is something to astrology and if there wasn't, then it wouldn't matter where one was born.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: horoscope

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 16 May 2012, 03:28

ProfWag wrote:if there wasn't (something to astrology ), then it wouldn't matter where one was born.



Agreed as far as validity goes. It would be reading tea leaves with coffee grounds, two errors compounding.

I was just pointing out that ...

1) respect for truth aside, astrology can be lucrative, and anyone who can afford to have a baby on the Moon is a likely target for conmen. (No disrespect meant to the sincere parapsychogist. meant. I am talking to Prof)

2) I was off on the subject of rather Astrology is valid, which is part of the overall thread, altho irrelevent to your point, Prof.

The current picture I have of the Universe implies that, that which exists in the mind is as "noumenal" as, say, gravity. Indeed, it seems one of the fundamental units of reality as we perceive it what Heinlein called the "ficton" in his metaphysical moods. A "ficton" is an arbitrary metaphor which gains reality by the fiat of belief. That is just speculation.

It is plainly not materialist reductionism. I might call it "metaphorical evolutionism", or even "panpsychism", but commonly it would be called metaphysics.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
User avatar
Twain Shakespeare
 
Posts: 375
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 05:19
Location: El Paso Del Norte on the sunny Jornada del Muerta


Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest