View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

New Astrology Signs

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

New Astrology Signs

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jan 2011, 02:29

Well, here we go. My wife has decided that we should no longer be a couple. It appears our astrological signs are no longer compatable since astrology dates have all been thrown out the window. And here, I thought they were a valid science. Sheesh.
ProfWag

Re: New Astrology Signs

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Jan 2011, 06:24

Well, here we go. My wife has decided that we should no longer be a couple. It appears our astrological signs are no longer compatable since astrology dates have all been thrown out the window. And here, I thought they were a valid science. Sheesh.

So sorry to hear that ProfWag, but I do understand her reasoning.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jan 2011, 18:33

NinjaPuppy wrote:

;)
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 15 Jan 2011, 20:25

Actually, the more interesting thing here is the realization that western astrologers realised the stars were changing 2000 years ago and decoupled the signs from the stars and assigned them to seasons. So all this astrology mumbo-jumbo has actually had very little to do with the stars for a very long time!
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Jan 2011, 23:36

STOP THE DIVORCE!

This just in from CNN:
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no ... t-changed/

Mrs. Wag will have to come up with a better excuse now. The old one isn't going to hold up in court!
NinjaPuppy

Postby derrida » 16 Jan 2011, 00:27

NinjaPuppy wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good one!!
derrida

Postby derrida » 16 Jan 2011, 00:30

i have a perhaps stupid question in astrology
not sure if anybody here can answer

the astrological signs are related to the months when they are more visible?
like me.. i am aquarius.. is aquarius more visible in february?
or that doesnt have anyyyyyyyyyyyything to do?
derrida

Postby ProfWag » 16 Jan 2011, 00:39

NinjaPuppy wrote:STOP THE DIVORCE!

This just in from CNN:
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no ... t-changed/

Mrs. Wag will have to come up with a better excuse now. The old one isn't going to hold up in court!

Thanks Ninja. I'll see if it flies. Just curious though, If I was born the 1st of August, what the hell sign do I look up for my horrorscope now?
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Jan 2011, 03:55

ProfWag wrote:Thanks Ninja. I'll see if it flies. Just curious though, If I was born the 1st of August, what the hell sign do I look up for my horrorscope now?

Does Aug. 1 fall into that 13th sign? You know ochipuss or serpenditity or whatever the heck it's called?
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 17 Jan 2011, 01:12

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/ophiuchus-what-all-saggitarius-and-capricorns-need-to-know-about-their-new-zodiac/?iid=nfmostpopular

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/13/new-zodiac-sign-dates-oph_n_808567.html#s223863&title=kristin_leigh

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/horoscope-hang-up-earth-rotation-changes-zodiac-signs/

THIS IS PURE B.S.! Can't even get a bloody YouTube video to post.

WINSTON please revert this board back to the original configuration so it works like ALL THE OTHER PHPBB BOARDS ON THE PLANET and able to accept video quickly, easily without the hassle this site has made it.
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Jan 2011, 01:43

CRAIG BROWNING,
PLEASE NOTE THAT TO PROPERLY EMBED A YOUTUBE, YOU ONLY NEED TO PUT THE 'SHARE' LINK BETWEEN THE YOUTUBE HTML.

If you use the YouTube command here and put the "embed" code in, it won't work darlin'.
NinjaPuppy

Postby really? » 17 Jan 2011, 08:02

Arouet wrote:Actually, the more interesting thing here is the realization that western astrologers realised the stars were changing 2000 years ago and decoupled the signs from the stars and assigned them to seasons. So all this astrology mumbo-jumbo has actually had very little to do with the stars for a very long time!

I thought modern astrologers were still behind the times by not accounting for earth's precession over the centuries. Would you cite a reference.
really?

Postby Arouet » 17 Jan 2011, 08:34

really? wrote:
Arouet wrote:Actually, the more interesting thing here is the realization that western astrologers realised the stars were changing 2000 years ago and decoupled the signs from the stars and assigned them to seasons. So all this astrology mumbo-jumbo has actually had very little to do with the stars for a very long time!

I thought modern astrologers were still behind the times by not accounting for earth's precession over the centuries. Would you cite a reference.

The JREF guys have a decent discussion: http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=197630
Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 17 Jan 2011, 20:58

NinjaPuppy wrote:CRAIG BROWNING,
PLEASE NOTE THAT TO PROPERLY EMBED A YOUTUBE, YOU ONLY NEED TO PUT THE 'SHARE' LINK BETWEEN THE YOUTUBE HTML.

If you use the YouTube command here and put the "embed" code in, it won't work darlin'.

To the "Management"

I've done exactly that... I've gone back and tried other code frames THAT WORK ON OTHER PHPBOARDS none of it works on this board because someone thought they would get creative and tinker with what was already working.

The question being WHY IN THE HELL DID SOMEONE CHANGE THE WAY THESE BOARDS NORMALLY WORK?

WHY IS THIS THE ONLY phpBB FORUM THAT'S SUCH A PAIN IN THE HIND-SIDE WHEN IT COMES TO POSTING VIDEO?

There is no justifiable reason outside someone's need to control & restrict (for reasons I'll never understand). It is however a very rude inconvenience for folks that have been on and worked with DOZENS of forums based on this particular program and can't for the life of himself, understand the reason for said novelty.
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Jan 2011, 21:37

Craig Browning wrote:To the "Management"

I've done exactly that... I've gone back and tried other code frames THAT WORK ON OTHER PHPBOARDS none of it works on this board because someone thought they would get creative and tinker with what was already working.

The question being WHY IN THE HELL DID SOMEONE CHANGE THE WAY THESE BOARDS NORMALLY WORK?

I have no idea as to what kind of changes SCEPCOP may have made to the standard functions to this forum or what his reasoning may have been in doing so. I realize that in some cases, it is inconvenient to directly embed pertinent content into a thread. However, some websites do restrict their content and do not allow hot linking for their own reasons.

Craig Browing wrote:WHY IS THIS THE ONLY phpBB FORUM THAT'S SUCH A PAIN IN THE HIND-SIDE WHEN IT COMES TO POSTING VIDEO?

I can only speak of YouTube as not being a problem. Once again, you can't use the "embed" code here. You need to click on the "youtube" button found above your text box located to the right of your options. Then insert the URL found on the YouTube video that says "share", between [youtube]and[/youtube].

Craig Browing wrote:There is no justifiable reason outside someone's need to control & restrict (for reasons I'll never understand). It is however a very rude inconvenience for folks that have been on and worked with DOZENS of forums based on this particular program and can't for the life of himself, understand the reason for said novelty.

I'm sure SCEPCOP had his reasons. BTW, I fixed the link and embedded your video. I am more than happy to take the time to see if I can do this with individual problems as they arise if a simple link to your content is not acceptable to you. Just ask.
NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions