[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Uri Geller dowsing for treasure : Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Uri Geller dowsing for treasure

Discuss Ancient Mysteries and Places - Atlantis, The Pyramids, Stonehenge, etc. Also Forbidden Archaeology.

Uri Geller dowsing for treasure

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Mar 2010, 13:30

Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: Uri Geller dowsing for treasure

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Mar 2010, 13:37

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Mar 2010, 22:07

In case you've wonder about King Tut's sister and how she ended in the British Isles here is a little background. Please remain seated while reading this, because it is a set of dizzy stretches of the imagination.

Ralph Ellis an amateur historian wrote Scota, Egyptian Queen of Scots.
Ellis claims that Scota was really Ankhesenamun, daughter of Akhenaton and Nefertiti and wife of Tutankhamen
He also claims that her husband was also a pharoah
Scota and her pharoah husband are forced into exile and go to Spain
Then after 4 generations they go to Ireland

How do we know that Egyptian exiles landed in Ireland around 1200BC?
1. Necklaces
2. One mummified head
3. Tombs with the right architecture sans hieroglyphics
4. Boats - the Egyptians built boats and so did other peoples of Europe (I didn't make this up)
5. The Irish are good at winning Nobel prizes in literature (I am not making that up)
6. Sean Connery's movie "The Rose" (This is really part of the claim. I am not kidding)
7. Gaelic, the language
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 10 Mar 2010, 00:05

hahahahaha
you know... uri is a charlatan
but you gotta love the way he remains in the public eye
he is a master at that

also.. did you notice that he used the Geller Effect?
he bended a spoon and then suggested to the people.. It keeps bending and i am not touching it!
hahaha i love it.. i have used that line some times with great results when i am doing my coin bending routine
:lol: :lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Mar 2010, 00:28

Is this Geller effect something like suggesting that something is happening when nothing is happening and then rotating the spoon so that perspective suggests change is happening?
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 10 Mar 2010, 08:12

kind of..

after you start revealing that the spoon bend (or keys or coins), you place the object in the table or in the hands of the spectator
and start suggesting.. ¨look.. it is still bending and i am not even touching it¨

i gotta tell you
i always do this in my metal bending routines (mostly coins, i am not going to be carrying a bunch of spoons)
and some of the time you find spectators rather suggestable that will fall for it
(oh my god!! is still bending in my hands!! how are you doing this??)
and some other times people doesnt swallow the suggestion and those times.. it really doesnt matter anyway
if it is a hit you have a miracle
if it doesnt register people just forget it
it´s a rather strong subtetlie i have enjoyed a lot

thats why i laugh when i hear kevin talking about uri
is a spectator talking about magic tricks and simple psychology he doesnt understand
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Mar 2010, 08:35

That's really interesting. The power of suggestion is so strong.

That is definitely a win-no lose situation. Thanks.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 10 Mar 2010, 10:53

i love suggestion
i am a psychologist and currently i am studying hypnotherapy (yet another time, just to learn new approaches and refresh old things)
and i was so impressed this past saturday
we touch the subject of quitting smoking and eating disorders...
so on the 1st one.. the professor made the client cry... and cry.. it was sooo.. strong and intriguing..
and on the 2nd theme.. the woman that was hipnotized (the client).. started puking...
i never saw anybody puking while hypnotized before..

i love the human brain.. so intriguing and fascinating
way more interesting than psi
ciscop

Return to Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology