View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Video: Our True History - Pyramids and Sun Gods

Discuss Ancient Mysteries and Places - Atlantis, The Pyramids, Stonehenge, etc. Also Forbidden Archaeology.

Video: Our True History - Pyramids and Sun Gods

Postby Scepcop » 09 Sep 2010, 00:38

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Video: Our True History - Pyramids and Sun Gods

Postby Scepcop » 09 Sep 2010, 01:31

Check out this lecture by Lloyd Pye, a guy I met at a Paranormal convention in Seattle once and have emailed with.

Human Origins : Intervention Theory by Lloyd Pye 1/8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNGngZsxAhw

Description:

According to Intervention theory human being is a genetically engineered hybrid of Hominoid - the native being of Earth and Anunnaki - Sumerian gods of extraterrestrial origin.

Lloyd Pye's website: http://www.lloydpye.com/

Skeptics, what do you make of the Starchild skull?

http://www.starchildproject.com/
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 09 Sep 2010, 02:01

Scepcop wrote:

Brian Dunning's discussion: http://skepticblog.org/2009/03/19/some- ... -feedback/ and http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4144

Steven Novella's: http://www.theness.com/the-starchild-project/
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 09 Sep 2010, 04:48

Check out Lloyd Pye's interview on Coast to Coast recently.

It's groundbreaking in that his Starchild skull, a possible alien-human hybrid and the most unusual real skull in the world, is about to be tested by scientists using genetic maps for every known creature. It's a very expensive process that costs at least $200,000 which will determine once and for all what kind of creature that skull is and how far it deviates from humans and Neanderthals. It could be a turning point in that it will vindicate Lloyd and others like him so that the "alien intervention" theory will finally be accepted as real by mainstream science. If you listen to him, you can tell that Lloyd is a highly intelligent, sane and credible person with many compelling logical arguments. This interview is a must hear for anyone wondering about human origins.

Part 1 of 11:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHxuUmgt_SE
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 09 Sep 2010, 04:53

Arouet wrote:
Scepcop wrote:

Brian Dunning's discussion: http://skepticblog.org/2009/03/19/some- ... -feedback/ and http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4144

Steven Novella's: http://www.theness.com/the-starchild-project/

Why are those guys credible? They are not seekers of truth, but follow an agenda of suppression and conformity.

Lloyd is far more credible and intelligent than either of them. He is a real scientist and his knowledge shows in his interviews.

None of the skeptics have the answers to the many mysteries and discrepancies of human origins. Listen to the Coast to Coast interview with Lloyd I linked above. He brought up way too many scientific reasons why our theory of human origins cannot be true. Way too many that are irrefutable, and there's nothing Steven Novella can do about that.

In the interview, Lloyd addressed the skeptical arguments and refuted them.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 09 Sep 2010, 10:01

Scepcop wrote:
Why are those guys credible? They are not seekers of truth, but follow an agenda of suppression and conformity.

Lloyd is far more credible and intelligent than either of them. He is a real scientist and his knowledge shows in his interviews.

None of the skeptics have the answers to the many mysteries and discrepancies of human origins. Listen to the Coast to Coast interview with Lloyd I linked above. He brought up way too many scientific reasons why our theory of human origins cannot be true. Way too many that are irrefutable, and there's nothing Steven Novella can do about that.

In the interview, Lloyd addressed the skeptical arguments and refuted them.

How bout this: I'll try and listen to the interview. You actually read the articles I linked, then we'll compare and contrast.

Also, I'm curious as to what arguments you found of Pye's that are irrefutable.

Oh, and in terms of who is a scientist, compare Pye's credentials to Novella's. I'm not sure how we're defining "real" scientist, but if it has anything to do with PHd's, it seems that Pye is sorely lacking. He's a fiction writer and amateur cryptozoologist. How, exactly, is he a scientist, at all? He's closer to a journalist than scientist. Novella, by contrast, is Director of General Neurology at Yale. Take a look at how he dissects Pye's analysis.

Anyhow, I'll try and listen to the interview over the next few days (may take me to the weekend), you read the articles, then we can discuss.
Arouet

Postby really? » 09 Sep 2010, 11:15

Scepcop wrote:Check out Lloyd Pye's interview on Coast to Coast recently.

It's groundbreaking in that his Starchild skull, a possible alien-human hybrid and the most unusual real skull in the world, is about to be tested by scientists using genetic maps for every known creature. It's a very expensive process that costs at least $200,000 which will determine once and for all what kind of creature that skull is and how far it deviates from humans and Neanderthals. It could be a turning point in that it will vindicate Lloyd and others like him so that the "alien intervention" theory will finally be accepted as real by mainstream science. If you listen to him, you can tell that Lloyd is a highly intelligent, sane and credible person with many compelling logical arguments. This interview is a must hear for anyone wondering about human origins.

Part 1 of 11:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHxuUmgt_SE

It appears you have all your eggs in one basket. Have you prepared yourself for the alternative possibility that this skull is absolutely human ?
really?

Postby Scepcop » 09 Sep 2010, 20:10

Skeptics,
Can you explain these anomalies and irreconcilable facts that Lloyd Pye describes here?

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 09 Sep 2010, 20:12

Sheesh Arouet, you can't even get your quote tags to work accurately. I had to fix them in your last post again. If you can't even use quote tags properly, how can you be accurate about DNA, evolution and dating skulls?

Pye worked for Army Intelligence, FYI.

Why is it that you guys HAVE to believe that anything outside establishment MUST be false?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 09 Sep 2010, 20:40

Scepcop wrote:Sheesh Arouet, you can't even get your quote tags to work accurately. I had to fix them in your last post again. If you can't even use quote tags properly, how can you be accurate about DNA, evolution and dating skulls?

Well, I'm sure you can spot the logical fallacy there! As for the quotes, on other forums when you quote a post it will just copy the latest post, not the quotes that post was replying to. Can you tweak the settings to do that? Always have to delete a bunch of stuff. But I should preview my posts before posting.

Why is it that you guys HAVE to believe that anything outside establishment MUST be false?

Where did I say that? The thing is, I think you assign credibility based on the mere fact that something is outside the establishment. what I'm proposing is to actually try and look at specific arguments- how come you never want to do that?
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 09 Sep 2010, 23:28

Scepcop wrote:Pye worked for Army Intelligence, FYI.

From what I've gathered, Pye studied psychology in university and then worked in Army Intelligence doing background checks. How does that qualify him as a scientist.

I'm halfway through the interview, and so far the only skeptical argument he addressed was the head wrapping. He says nothing about medical conditions that Novella argues could explain the skull development, or the fact that the DNA tests show a Y chromosome, which would suggest that there was a human father. Neither does he address any of the other crituqes Dunning and Novella raised about his analysis. It's possible that he'll get back to it later on, but they seem to have moved on to other topics.

In any event, seems that there will be futher DNA analysis, so I guess we can just wait for the results! Wonder what he'll say if the results show nothing unusual?
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 12 Sep 2010, 06:02

Here is what Lloyd Pye told me by email about the Novella article:

The Novella thing was not a debate, he simply slagged me and the Starchild
in an article he wrote in 1999, back when we knew very little about the
Starchild. In 2006, when we knew a helluva lot more about it and much of
Novella's article had been proved wrong, I asked him to pull it or revise it
with a disclaimer, or something to acknowledge that the information in it
was now out of date and wrong. He refused to make any changes other than to
the copyright date, which he changed to 2006 to make his garbage look
current. And, believe it or not, that article is still the #1 reference
critics use against us because that's just about the only one out there that
anyone can quote.

Don't worry about it. We're going to win this. We have everything we need
except the money to proceed, and we're working hard at acquiring that. Once
we have it, there will be nothing the critics can do except wait for the
hammer to fall.

Winston:

Send me the quote from Novella and I'll tell you the truth about it. And
that claim about the first DNA test being human goes back to 1999. A
forensic teaching lab totally unequipped to deal with ancient DNA, and
basically run by students, tried to recover the Starchild's nuclear DNA.
They contaminated two attempts, and claimed on the third that they got an
extremely low level of human DNA, only 200 picograms when 1000 is the usual
lowest threshhold for accuracy. So it was clear they had screwed it up, but
because people like Novella so badly WANT it to be human, that's all they
every acknowledge, that first test.

Later, in 2003, a qualified ancient DNA lab did go after the nuclear DNA the
first lab claimed they found. After six full attempts they could not recover
it, so in their report that say quite clearly that the nuclear DNA was not
recoverable with the human-only primer technology of 2003, which meant it
was DEFINITELY not recoverable by a forensic lab using even more primitive
primers in 1999. This is what Novella refuses to recognize, that these tests
were completely in 2003 and produced in a report on the StarchildProject.com
website.

Lloyd
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 12 Sep 2010, 06:53

Scepcop wrote:Here is what Lloyd Pye told me by email about the Novella article:

Well, one thing he's right about: if this complete DNA scan is going ahead like he said in his interview then there's little point in further speculation at this time. Let's get the results and then discuss.

What I don't get is his constantly talking about "winning" and "sides". Science isn't about "winning", its about following the data. If Pye wants to be a "real scientist" as you've labeled him, he has to try and distance himself a bit from his subject and try and be objective.
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 11 Oct 2010, 03:37

Lloyd Pye has a new article on his site debunking the Novella attack piece on him. Check it out.

http://www.lloydpye.com/lloydpyenovella.htm
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby really? » 11 Oct 2010, 08:19

Arouet wrote:
Scepcop wrote:

Where did I say that? The thing is, I think you assign credibility based on the mere fact that something is outside the establishment. what I'm proposing is to actually try and look at specific arguments- how come you never want to do that?

Yes, scepcop consider what Arouet has said
really?

Next

Return to Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology