Sponsors: Expat Living Forum

View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version          Join Mailing List

Video: Our True History - Pyramids and Sun Gods

Discuss Ancient Mysteries and Places - Atlantis, The Pyramids, Stonehenge, etc. Also Forbidden Archaeology.

Re: Video: Our True History - Pyramids and Sun Gods

Postby Scepcop » October 11th, 2010, 9:13 pm

Share |

really? wrote:
Arouet wrote:
Scepcop wrote:

Why is it that you guys HAVE to believe that anything outside establishment MUST be false?

Where did I say that? The thing is, I think you assign credibility based on the mere fact that something is outside the establishment. what I'm proposing is to actually try and look at specific arguments- how come you never want to do that?

Yes, scepcop consider what Arouet has said

Where did I say that? Someone can't just be outside the establishment for me to assign credibility to them. Sheesh. They have to have good arguments, evidence, and logical reasons.

But even when those are given, you skeptics just deny, deny, deny. Anything to keep the status quo. That's your game. Our current knowledge of science is at a max with you guys, and doesn't accept any new info. That's a bizarre position.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby really? » October 12th, 2010, 4:43 am

Scepcop wrote:Why is it that you guys HAVE to believe that anything outside establishment MUST be false?

Where did I say that? The thing is, I think you assign credibility based on the mere fact that something is outside the establishment. what I'm proposing is to actually try and look at specific arguments- how come you never want to do that?

Yes, scepcop consider what Arouet has said

Scepcop wrote:Where did I say that? Someone can't just be outside the establishment for me to assign credibility to them. Sheesh. They have to have good arguments, evidence, and logical reasons.

But even when those are given, you skeptics just deny, deny, deny. Anything to keep the status quo. That's your game. Our current knowledge of science is at a max with you guys, and doesn't accept any new info. That's a bizarre position.

It's tacit at times. More often the position you present throughout your site is the outright acceptance of far left ideas. Your position is much more than lip service.

Getting back to this now.
They [ Pye] have to have good arguments, evidence, and logical reasons.
You cause me to wonder and I'd guess Arouet too why the historical record of humanity is less credible ?
Pick out a specific argument that's you feel merits serious consideration and explain why you feel it should be considered.
really?

Postby Arouet » October 12th, 2010, 6:26 am

Scepcop wrote:
really? wrote:But even when those are given, you skeptics just deny, deny, deny. Anything to keep the status quo. That's your game. Our current knowledge of science is at a max with you guys, and doesn't accept any new info. That's a bizarre position.

Scepcop, with all due respect, that's just nonsense. When I have issues with something you have posted (or someone you have posted) I try and provide a detailed critique. I give my reasons, and try and put together a logical argument. I then hope for some reply in return, and perhaps a good discussion. I think what you do sometimes is post something, get a discussion going, and then abandon it, moving on to posting something else. There are some interesting topics here, but its tough to get a good discussion going if people don't keep the conversation moving forward.

Also, what the hell is the "status quo" anyway? Our world is constantly in flux. Ideas are constantly changing. Science moves forward at lightning speeds. Ideas blaze across the internet. Technology revolutionizes our activities on a regular basis. Health continues to improve. Lifespans elongate.

There simply is no such thing as the "status quo" - not in any meaningful sense anyway.
Arouet

Previous

Return to Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology