View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby Scepcop » 09 Sep 2012, 02:27

In my email group, Darryl Sloan recently said this regarding David Icke:

Winston and co,

I have read eleven David Icke books from cover to cover. I like
aspects of his metaphysics and little else. I can no longer read him,
because I've come to see that his complicated worldview relys on a
mixture on rumour trafficking, character assassination and
pseudoscience. You can find a source for nearly anything, and put a
whole mixture of oddball things together and call it "joining the
dots."

Darryl
http://www.darrylsloan.com


My rational response to Darryl:

"Darryl,
Well at least you've studied David Icke so you are more qualified to comment on him than Dr. H is. However, have you seen his 7 hour mega lectures such as "The Lion Sleeps No More"? In them, he connects a lot of dots and you realize that what he says, though crazy on the surface, may be more plausible than you thought.

See it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdXkQpP67PM

He has a ton of good info, some of it is circumstantial, but he does quote a lot of scientific experiments and researchers that back up what he says. So he at least backs up some of his stuff with scholarly citations.

But hey, one can say a lot in 7 hours, so you can't dismiss it all as fluff, nor can you say it's all true either. It's a lot more complicated than that, since A LOT of info is covered in such 7 hour lectures. You can't say it's all true or false, you got to address each of his points one at a time. It's not a simple black and white issue.

In the lecture above, he spends a whole hour talking about the moon and why it's not a natural body. Have you considered the points there? He does present multiple lines of evidence that does make sense. There is a ton of stuff about our moon that doesn't add up. See part 2 of his mega lecture above called "Moon Control":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmKeSIVpNR8

There is so much we don't know about reality and our origins, that it's an open book. Anything is possible. But what you have to remember is that just because something sounds "crazy" or "bizarre" doesn't mean it must be false. You agree with that right Darryl?

Darryl, are you in touch with your right brain? Supposedly, that's the area of the brain that connects the dots.

Is it your opinion that David Icke is "crazy"? It seems that all those who have never read his books or seen his long lectures, like to dismiss him with that word - crazy. How convenient. They are so programmed and unqualified.

Also, do you realize that you can't know for sure whether he is wrong about this or that? Thus you can't just dismiss what he says as wrong. You don't have all the answers either, right? We simply don't know, so you can't jump to conclusions either way. Icke has been researching this far longer than you or I have. He only presents this stuff for you to consider. He doesn't ask you to accept whatever he says on faith either.

But his spiritual message and what he says about consciousness is very good indeed.

Winston"
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29






Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby ProfWag » 10 Sep 2012, 20:43

Scepcop wrote:My rational response to Darryl:

Please don't take offense to this Winston, but I'm not sure I would call that response "rational."
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby Scepcop » 19 Sep 2012, 04:46

Check out this new short documentary and walk with David Icke.

Description:

Conspiracy theorist David Icke takes us to a local satanic execution site and discusses the plot of the secret lizard illuminati.

We traveled to the Isle of Wight to meet the most iconic conspiracy theorist on Earth, David Icke. A former professional goalkeeper and television presenter, David Icke found international fame back in the 90s when he began uncovering a secret lizard illuminati plot. Icke discovered that a race of shape-shifting lizards has been masquerading as presidents and monarchs for centuries while planning to crush the planet.

In Part 2, Icke takes VICE host Kevin Morpurgo to the site of a local Satanic execution and explains what the global cabal of pedophile aliens has to do with Stanley Kubrick and Bill Clinton.

Part 1 and 2:



“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby Scepcop » 07 Dec 2012, 23:29

Here is a clip from David Icke's recent 9 hour presentation at Wembley in London about the Saturn/Moon matrix.



Impressions of his Wembley presentation:



From his interviews:



“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby The23rdman » 19 Dec 2012, 20:17

Okay, I have watched all 7 hours of Human Race Get Of Your Knees and found it truly fascinating. All of the methods talked about above have been employed here. I don't know if Winston or anyone else here can present a single shred of evidence to back up anything David says or not, but he didn't present one in the whole 7 hours. Lots of great showmanship, interesting theories and citing of books, but not one bit of evidence.

He also spent a good long time naming important figures in current political positions as Rothschild Zionists without presenting any evidence. I'm actually amazed he gets away with this.

Let me add that i am not saying he is wholly or even partly wrong, but I'd like to see some evidence for some of it.
If you think you know what's going on you're probably full of shit - Robert Anton Wilson
User avatar
The23rdman
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 16 Dec 2012, 17:57

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby Arouet » 19 Dec 2012, 21:34

The23rdman wrote:Okay, I have watched all 7 hours of Human Race Get Of Your Knees and found it truly fascinating.


Yeah, I once loaded up one of his monstrously long presentations on my ipod and listened to it (can't imagine sitting and watching for 7 hours though!) and I found it enourmously entertaining. The guy certainly has charisma and is fun to listen to. He's also extremely manipulative, plays on people's fears and emotions, ties cherry picked facts from diverse topics together and cobbles them into a coherent narrative. He's basically Mamma Mias history! Frankly, I think a lot of the facts he mentions are probably technically true - but taken completely out of context.

As entertainment, I'm in (I think I've said before that I would definitely go see a movie based on his ideas) - but as anything more than that...?

I mean, once he declared himself the son of god on national television (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyrHZCksDM) one would think that his credibility would be shot!
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby The23rdman » 19 Dec 2012, 21:37

To be fair, I don't think he was suggesting he was the one and only son of any anthropomorphic god figure there.
If you think you know what's going on you're probably full of shit - Robert Anton Wilson
User avatar
The23rdman
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 16 Dec 2012, 17:57

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby Arouet » 19 Dec 2012, 21:52

The23rdman wrote:To be fair, I don't think he was suggesting he was the one and only son of any anthropomorphic god figure there.


Actually, I think he was. I mean not "one and only" but yes, literal son of god. He compared himself to Jesus and said he was gobsmacked to have learned it.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby The23rdman » 19 Dec 2012, 22:14

Again, I don't think Jesus ever meant that either. That was down to people taking poor notes. ;)
If you think you know what's going on you're probably full of shit - Robert Anton Wilson
User avatar
The23rdman
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 16 Dec 2012, 17:57

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby really? » 20 Dec 2012, 00:02

Icke within the first 20 seconds says he's the son of god.
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Dec 2012, 00:07

Yup! He certainly does say that and he doesn't attempt to make it seem any other way. Even after the interviewer informs him that the audience is NOT laughing with him, they are laughing AT him.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby really? » 20 Dec 2012, 00:08

People don't like uncertainty. we want to know what tomorrow may bring. That is a certainty. What Icke does in his narratives is he identifies those imagined evils for his audience. That is his appeal.
really?
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 20:58

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Dec 2012, 00:14

really? wrote:People don't like uncertainty. we want to know what tomorrow may bring. That is a certainty. What Icke does in his narratives is he identifies those imagined evils for his audience. That is his appeal.

Meh. I don't mind uncertainty. I hate routine and predictability actually. As far as that video goes, he came off as a wannabe cult leader to me.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby The23rdman » 20 Dec 2012, 00:50

really? wrote:People don't like uncertainty. we want to know what tomorrow may bring. That is a certainty. What Icke does in his narratives is he identifies those imagined evils for his audience. That is his appeal.


Yes, this is a tactic all leaders or alpha males use. Me, I love the certainty that I am uncertain. :D
If you think you know what's going on you're probably full of shit - Robert Anton Wilson
User avatar
The23rdman
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 16 Dec 2012, 17:57

Re: David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Postby Arouet » 20 Dec 2012, 03:19

NinjaPuppy wrote:As far as that video goes, he came off as a wannabe cult leader to me.


On this: in that video he comes off as someone who has had a bit of a mental break from reality - probably a serious breakdown or something like that. I think he recovered from that and then (quite cleverly and cynicaly) decided to try and become a cult leader. Maybe amongst the jeers there was certain segment of the population that was drawn to him in his son of god days.

Today, I don't think he's loopy at all. I think he knows exactly what he's doing and is doing it well. It's manipulative and crass, but he's not a looney.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

PreviousNext

Return to Share Interesting Videos and Films

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest