View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

David Icke - Awakening Presentations and Interviews

Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.

Re: Excellent Presentations by David Icke

Postby derrida » 02 Dec 2010, 13:29

Scepcop wrote:Hey now. Let's put things in perspective here.

We don't know if the reptilian thing is true or not. You guys don't know, and neither do I.

thats not the point.. the point is wether you can prove they exist.. if you dont have any proof, then you have just a mythological creature created by a whacko.

is like me saying you cant prove there´s no purple unicorns that fart rainbows
of course you cant cause they dont exist!
sorry... the reptilians are just for people not on their full senses.
derrida

Postby ProfWag » 03 Dec 2010, 06:16

Arouet wrote:
Scepcop wrote:Icke has a lot of wisdom and knowledge to share. Even if his reptilian theory is wrong, he is right about many other things. Don't be so hard on him. No one is infallible. Not even Einstein was right about everything. No one can measure up to the standard of being right about everything. But as long as they are right about some important things, that's what matters. And Icke fits that bill.

Ok, what important things is he right on? And what is the evidence in favour of it?

I have asked the same thing to Scepcop before and didn't get an answer. Scepcop, have you come up with anything yet?
ProfWag

Postby derrida » 03 Dec 2010, 08:14

ProfWag wrote:
Arouet wrote:
Scepcop wrote:Icke has a lot of wisdom and knowledge to share. Even if his reptilian theory is wrong, he is right about many other things. Don't be so hard on him. No one is infallible. Not even Einstein was right about everything. No one can measure up to the standard of being right about everything. But as long as they are right about some important things, that's what matters. And Icke fits that bill.

Ok, what important things is he right on? And what is the evidence in favour of it?

I have asked the same thing to Scepcop before and didn't get an answer. Scepcop, have you come up with anything yet?

i am going to vote for that question too
could you please ANSWER??
derrida

Postby Arouet » 03 Dec 2010, 08:40

Here: I'll make it easier to start off: forget about the evidence for the time being, just state what important things he's right on. We can get to evidence later.
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 18 Jan 2011, 03:47

Here is a new video with messages about deprogramming/global awakening from David Icke and other truth seekers. The part near the end about good being the flame on a match that vanquishes the darkness of evil is very eloquent.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Great Awakening Presentations by David Icke

Postby derrida » 18 Jan 2011, 14:24

he is a whacko that sells the idea of lizard people !!!
nuff said!!
derrida

Postby ProfWag » 18 Jan 2011, 20:05

Scepcop wrote:Here is a new video with messages about deprogramming/global awakening from David Icke and other truth seekers. The part near the end about good being the flame on a match that vanquishes the darkness of evil is very eloquent.

Well, there was 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. What the hell was that about? There was no fact based information presented at all! Just a bunch of people with anti-government opinions presenting their propoganda with irritating music playing in the background. Honestly Scepcop, what was the purpose behind that video? Or, better yet, what do YOU perceive was the purpose and underlying message behind that? Clips from fictional videos such as Dr. Who and A Bug's Life really don't do much for supporting one's side of a debate, at least not where I come from. You've said you would rip Shermer to shreads in a debate so would you use quotes from A Bug's Life to support your stance in that debate? Seriously, would you? Thanks for reinforcing my stance that I don't watch videos--especially with Icke in it. I'll go back to my normal routine of reading information presented with facts and references.
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 18 Jan 2011, 20:23

Scepcop wrote: The part near the end about good being the flame on a match that vanquishes the darkness of evil is very eloquent.

Further, if you want to see "the darkness of evil," this is it:

Oh, and by the way, he held many of the same anti-government views as the people you support...
ProfWag

Postby The Warrigal » 18 Jan 2011, 22:01

The resemblence to Uncle Fester is remarkable. :shock:
The Warrigal

Postby Arouet » 19 Jan 2011, 11:48

Am I right that David Icke is perhaps best described as a modern day sophist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophism

(why can't I hyperlink a word using the URL code, am I doing it wrong?)
Arouet

Postby derrida » 19 Jan 2011, 13:40

darkness of evil?.. common.. this woman could be worst
derrida

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Jan 2011, 18:47

Arouet wrote:Am I right that David Icke is perhaps best described as a modern day sophist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophism

I guess not. I can't do it either.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 19 Jan 2011, 21:31

Arouet wrote:Am I right that David Icke is perhaps best described as a modern day sophist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophism

Possibly. At least that's the way I see him. But the definition includes: "...In the modern definition (from Plato),..." Since when is Plato considered "modern?"
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 19 Jan 2011, 22:58

NinjaPuppy wrote:

I guess not. I can't do it either.

Part of the conspiracy Craig has uncovered? Scepcop: what are you hiding? :evil:
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 19 Jan 2011, 23:02

Yeah, this seems bang on:

In modern usage, sophism, sophist, and sophistry are derogatory terms, due to the influence of many past philosophers.

A sophism is taken as a specious argument used for deceiving someone. It might be crafted to seem logical while actually being wrong, or it might use difficult words and complicated sentences to intimidate the audience into agreeing, or it might appeal to the audience's prejudices and emotions rather than logic; e.g., raising doubts towards the one asserting, rather than his assertion. The goal of a sophism is often to make the audience believe the writer or speaker to be smarter than he or she actually is; e.g., accusing another of sophistry for using persuasion techniques.

A sophist is a user of sophisms, i.e., an insincere person trying to confuse or deceive people. Sophists will try to persuade the audience while paying little attention to whether their argument is logical and factual.

Sophistry means making heavy use of sophisms. The word can be applied to a particular text or speech riddled with sophisms.
Arouet

PreviousNext

Return to Share Interesting Videos and Films