[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ghost Hunters Medium : Share Interesting Videos and Films • SCEPCOP Forum
View Active Topics          View Your Posts
Switch to desktop style
Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.
Post a reply

Ghost Hunters Medium

02 Nov 2009, 15:27

How does anyone explain the huge 'Purple shadow' in this episode of Ghost Hunters: (Embedding link not available)

Re: Ghost Hunters Medium

02 Nov 2009, 18:56

Hi Yellowlawn and welcome.

I watched the segment but I am not sure what 'purple shadow' you specifically refer to. Can you give us a time on the vid for it's appearance?

If you are talking about the unusual rainbow of colors that come up from behind Jason and over to the other guy, IMO it's a forced hot air system (heat) kicking on and the FLIR is picking up the warm air coming out of lower wall ducts and then making it's way around the room.

I have no explanation as to why it suddenly seems to retreat when the other guy moves his arm, but I'm sure that Brett might be able to shed some light on this subject.

02 Nov 2009, 23:25

well - i obviously have not used that particular type of thermal imaging camera - but from the ones i have used both colour and monochrome ( much better IMO ) - ( may be an explanation of how they work may be in order see here :) - i would say "false positive " ( or wishful thinking ) ??

note that basically the uncooled ones - are not as sensitive to change as the cooled variety - but for portable ( without incurring the national debt ) - uncooled is the best you will do - BUT one of the problems I found with them is they where slow to respond to change and would what i call "flare out " - and that's what i think is happening here - fire fighters require a LOT of training to interpret what they are seeing on the screen with these cameras - so did the TAPS guys just read the manual and off they went ?? - AND don't forget also - like MANY pieces of "ghost hunting equipment " they are using things NOT for the purpose designed - so basically i would say its a question of false positive in the interpretation of the images

i was trained on the monochrome ones mainly - which are much like night shot - as all you really need them for in fire fighting is locating "hot spots " be those seat of fire in dense smoke conditions or inside walls etc - or locating bodies - all of which they work extremely well for

i remember one of the taps shows there was a hand print or something ?? on a locker that they made a big fuss of - another case of "pilot error " methinks

anyways just my opinion as always

05 Nov 2009, 07:52

I'm buying the idea of a wallheater/radiator kind of thing especially were it is positioned. But a couple of sticking points for me are:

1) If it is heat, shouldn't it be Red/Orange coloured as you see areas of Red given off by the people in the video representative of body heat
2) Why does it not rise to the ceiling as heat does, but goes across the wall
3) When it reaches the medium and he stretches out his arm to the uppermost part of the heat source. Why when he waves his hands down does it all go down and not part of it dissipating upwards as heat should
4) The length of time that it runs is only several seconds, would a heater on timer/thermostat kick in for that length of time

Just my 2 cents

05 Nov 2009, 08:56

Since we have no idea of the heating system, air flow, etc of the room, it would be impossible to attempt to figure any of this out. I also wondered about this point of yours:

3) When it reaches the medium and he stretches out his arm to the uppermost part of the heat source. Why when he waves his hands down does it all go down and not part of it dissipating upwards as heat should

This had also made wonder.

07 Nov 2009, 08:55

My point NinjaPuppy was at 3:20 it shows the medium Carroll Heath raise his right hand up then wave his arm downwards, and at the same time the 'Heat Source' or whatever it is seems to be pushed down in response. If it was heat from a radiator etc how can the heat source be forced down by someone raising and lowering there arm. Surely the heat would continue to rise as heat does?

Or put it another way if you had a free standing fan heater on the floor and switched it on, and you went near it to wave your arm in a downwards motion in front of the heater. A small amount of heat given off by the fan heater would be dissipated downwards by your arm waving in front of the airflow. But the rest of the heat would rise and dissipate.

07 Nov 2009, 19:07

Yes, I was agreeing with you. I also could not understand the 'retreat'. I would think we would see the heat disperse or change form. Instead it seems to retreat.

I've purchased some of the different electronics used on GH, such as a K2 and a Mel "Electromagnetic Field Radiation Tester" and basically played around with them to see what sets them off. A FLIR is much too expensive for me to purchase so it's not something I can play around with to get some experience with here.

07 Nov 2009, 20:49

Those Flir cameras are available to hire: about £300 per week, which is still a lot but not £3000 upwards to buy. I think there is a lot to be discovered by recording Medium/Psychic sessions with one of these?

Also has anyone seen Ghost Hunters International? One of there team has a 'Full Spectrum Camera' WTF?

07 Nov 2009, 21:17

Post a reply