View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

National Geographic JFK Series

Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.

National Geographic JFK Series

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Oct 2012, 05:35

So as not to derail the current JFK Assassination Conspiracy Topic from it's current direction, we can discuss a series of National Geographic documentaries and their content here.

Misha wrote:Thanks, NinjaPuppy. What did you think of the show. I would like to hear your thoughts. By the way, NatGeo doesn't get it right all of the time. In fact, NatGeo had to retract their initial statements on the WTC pancake theory as explained by Kevin Ryan. In fact, NIST does not support the pancake theory! This is not directed at you, NinjaPuppy. My point that even those shows with the perceived "seal of approval" have agendas too. Also, NatGeo, according to Ryan's article is owned by Rupert Murdoch who holds 67% of its shares. Now is that looking at the quacking duck?

http://www.911review.com/articles/ryan/ ... ology.html
NinjaPuppy

Re: Nat Geo JFK Series

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Oct 2012, 06:11

As far as what I thought of the show, it was pretty good. They certainly showed some good logic on what they called "the lost bullet". It's too bad that the traffic light in question can't ever be examined.

As far as NatGeo not getting it right all the time... I don't expect them to. Regardless of who the principals or principles of any corporation may be, it's television and television is always written, produced and directed for entertainment. If people don't find it entertaining, it's a flop. I found this video entertaining as well as informative and the 'high resolution' of the old 'home movies' sure do make the whole horrible incident clearer.

At 33 mins. I thought it got really interesting with a new explanation for the third bullet.

I also watched another one about the audio recordings from that time but I'll be darned if I can find it. There was one comment made during an interview regarding Jack Ruby and LHO's shooting and some guy (who claimed he knew Ruby) says something to the effect that he suspects Ruby did it to silence LHO. These sort of comments are what CTs are made of. I wonder if anyone has ever found the guy to ask him exactly what he meant. I'll be darned if I can find the video either.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Misha » 15 Oct 2012, 10:05

Thanks, NinjaPuppy, I am sure You-tube will carry the documentary. I'll catch it there. Unfortunately you are right about documentaries being made for entertainment value. However, the real minutia is always in the books and so forth. Though, there have been some documentaries (television) which have been extraordinary such as "The Men Who Killed Kennedy." The most recent three part series is one of them. However, the networks and mainstream cable programming won't rebroadcast them. I believe Jim Marrs (author of Crossfire) had also met Ruby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Men_Who_Killed_Kennedy
Misha

Postby Misha » 16 Oct 2012, 08:47

NinjaPuppy wrote:As far as what I thought of the show, it was pretty good. They certainly showed some good logic on what they called "the lost bullet". It's too bad that the traffic light in question can't ever be examined.

As far as NatGeo not getting it right all the time... I don't expect them to. Regardless of who the principals or principles of any corporation may be, it's television and television is always written, produced and directed for entertainment. If people don't find it entertaining, it's a flop. I found this video entertaining as well as informative and the 'high resolution' of the old 'home movies' sure do make the whole horrible incident clearer.

At 33 mins. I thought it got really interesting with a new explanation for the third bullet.

I also watched another one about the audio recordings from that time but I'll be darned if I can find it. There was one comment made during an interview regarding Jack Ruby and LHO's shooting and some guy (who claimed he knew Ruby) says something to the effect that he suspects Ruby did it to silence LHO. These sort of comments are what CTs are made of. I wonder if anyone has ever found the guy to ask him exactly what he meant. I'll be darned if I can find the video either.

Hi NinjaPuppy, I watched the NatGeo "The Lost Bullet" episode. Where does one begin taking this apart? This program by Max Holland explains why we should not trust him one iota. Holland's thesis is tantamount to an elephant hanging from a daisy. A pure strawman argument that ignores the evidence. Frankly, to go through the litany of suppositions by Holland isn't worth the time. No shot at you, NinjaPuppy.
Misha

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Oct 2012, 18:08

Misha wrote:Hi NinjaPuppy, I watched the NatGeo "The Lost Bullet" episode. Where does one begin taking this apart? This program by Max Holland explains why we should not trust him one iota. Holland's thesis is tantamount to an elephant hanging from a daisy. A pure strawman argument that ignores the evidence. Frankly, to go through the litany of suppositions by Holland isn't worth the time. No shot at you, NinjaPuppy.

No shot taken.
It happened to be on TV last week so I decided to watch it considering the conversation on this forum. As I had said, I found the video interesting at around 33 mins. into it, at least concerning the one theory about the "lost bullet" or "magic bullet". In order to "begin taking this apart", I'd like to begin with facts in which we agree. I find it easier for me to process information by eliminating the things that can be proven or accepted and go from there. You have to realize that I am woefully behind on this subject so taking things in small bites will give me a better perspective.

Regardless of who is responsible or behind this video, (let's remove that for the moment) we know that numerous people heard what sounded like 3 shots and that there were 3 shell casings found at the Book Depository and two bullets were physically recovered at the scene. This video gives us a theory about what may explain where a third bullet from the same gun may have gone. Does it eliminate the possibility of a second shooter? That is the question.

IMO, it doesn't give us proof beyond a shadow of a doubt but nonetheless the theory that the first bullet may have hit the traffic light is a good one. Do I personally trust the memories of the witnesses? Not a whole heck of a lot but their recollections seem to fit with the theory well enough.

Can we agree that the theory is logical, even if there is not absolute proof (the missing/replaced traffic light that can't be inspected) to eliminate this theory?
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Oct 2012, 18:36

I feel like I ride to this forum on the short bus. :|
NinjaPuppy

Return to Share Interesting Videos and Films