View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Documentary: Could Elvis be alive? Shocking evidence!

Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.

Re: Documentary: Could Elvis be alive? Shocking evidence!

Postby Scepcop » 23 Oct 2010, 17:03

Btw, the video claims that Elvis might have faked his own death as part of a Witness Protection Program since he was involved with helping law enforcement catch drug rings. But if that's so, wouldn't he have returned to public by now, since those who would want to harm him would be gone or over it by now?

Who would give up a life of fame and fortune just to be protected and never arise again?

Also, is it possible that Elvis was murdered?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby MickeyMoran » 30 Mar 2014, 05:42

There is no doubt that Elvis lived on past August 16, 1977. From what I've seen throughout the course of my investigation, he is most likely still alive today. The question that remains is, "Where is he"?

Mickey Moran
The Presley Assignment
www.thepresleyassignment.com
MickeyMoran

Postby Arouet » 30 Mar 2014, 09:38

The other question that remains is if he did why would it be any of your business where he is?
Arouet

Postby SydneyPSIder » 31 Mar 2014, 11:15

Arouet wrote:The other question that remains is if he did why would it be any of your business where he is?

Because it's a crime to fake your own death. Elvis apparently got a bit 'eccentric' as time went on -- on one visit to the Oval Office, he apparently wouldn't leave until he received a signed certificate from the President making him an honorary member of the FBI or 'special deputy' or whatever it was, which they duly whizzed up for him. Then he used to wander the streets bailing people up for trivial offences like jaywalking and attempting citizens arrests etc. All a bit below his pay grade, you'd think.

So to apply his own concerns about criminality, we should perform a citizens arrest if we spot Elvis anywhere.
SydneyPSIder

Postby Arouet » 01 Apr 2014, 07:23

Not sure that it is illegal - but I guess that would depend on the jurisdiction. One might commit crimes in the process (such as fraud) however but not necessarily.
Arouet

Postby SydneyPSIder » 01 Apr 2014, 15:44

I think it might be pretty well fraud in itself. For instance, a fraudulent entry would have to be made in the Registry of Hatches, Matches and Dispatches. Further, the authorities would have no idea if you had any outstanding criminal or civil charges against you anywhere in the state, country, world or any jurisdiction, so they would be assisting evasion of justice. I mean, you can't declare yourself legally dead. Then there is the question of any creditors owed money that could have been repaid from future garnisheed wages etc. Let alone setting up outright fraud like a false life insurance payout, etc. Then there is the question of the execution of a will etc -- there is no way the judiciary would allow a false execution of a will. Then if you faked your death or disappearance, state resources will inevitably be spent on certificates or investigations which is held to be an abuse of process and public money etc. And so on. Not that I've looked up any statutes etc on it. I mean, oral sex is illegal in some states of America, isn't it?

Update:
"I am unaware of any federal statute that would apply to an individual who fakes their own death," FBI spokesman Bill Carter told Life's Little Mysteries. However, despite having the right to vanish without a trace or fake your own death, it's almost impossible to do so without eventually breaking a few laws.

"Pseudocide (faking one's own death) isn't inherently a crime," said James Quiggle, director of communications for the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud in Washington, D.C. "But it involves so many built-in frauds that it's virtually impossible to legally fake your drowning. Frankly, you'll only be drowning in fraud."

"You may be stealing life insurance," Quiggle continued. "Or your spouse is part of the con and files a false police report. You're also avoiding a large variety of taxes, and defrauding lenders of your home and car. Then when you resurface with a new identity, you're defrauding every government agency that processes your new identity — and old identity. And you're defrauding new lenders if you buy a house or car under your new identity."

http://www.livescience.com/22473-faking ... e-law.html
SydneyPSIder

Postby Arouet » 01 Apr 2014, 21:13

Yeah, your link Sydney was what I was referring to. There are often legal ways to change one's identity though, it'd be tricky but someone with means might be able to get away with it. In any event any crimes being committed wouldn't be that of the crime of "faking one's death" but rather the specifics of the particular crime.
Arouet

Previous

Return to Share Interesting Videos and Films