View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Anyone else seeing 11:11 or strings of 1's a lot lately?

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Anyone else seeing 11:11 or strings of 1's a lot lately?

Postby Scepcop » 05 Dec 2009, 17:49

Anyone else been seeing 11:11 or string's of 1's a lot lately? It's been plaguing me and just when I thought it was gone, I checked into a hotel room and they gave me the key to room 111 ! It seems a lot of people have been seeing strings of 1's lately. Here is a video about it.

And one of the many websites about it.

http://1111journey.com
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Anyone else seeing 11:11 or strings of 1's a lot lately?

Postby Nostradamus » 05 Dec 2009, 21:13

The way many things are numbered such as hotel rooms or rooms in buildings leads to this situation.

Also take the time to look at Benford's Law:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benford%27s_law

In a given distribution a 1 is found as the leading digit 1/3 of the time, while 9 less than 1/20 of the time.

Scepcop you can even work out the probability that numbers with the given distribution contain '11'.

Fromthe Wiki article:
Benford's law has been invoked as evidence of fraud in the 2009 Iranian elections.

Stephen Battersby Statistics hint at fraud in Iranian election New Scientist 24 June 2009

To summarize, the existence of patterns in numbers is a well understood mathematical property of numbers.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Scepcop » 06 Dec 2009, 04:20

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2009/02/1111/

Now any good skeptic will stop at this point and say that this is simply the result of self-suggestion. You get the belief stuck in your head that you’ll see more 11s, so your reticular activating system begins finding them in your environment and bringing them to your conscious attention. There will seem to be more 11s simply because you’re noticing the existing 11s more often. You may be creating some of those 11s unknowingly, and you may also be subconsciously pre-selecting the right numbers to check.

These logical explanations are perfectly fine. They’re nice and neat and tidy. You can certainly claim that I was subconsciously noticing more 11s because that’s what I expected to see. I’m not going to argue that point because it turns out that it doesn’t matter. In fact, I’ll go so far as to concede that point; as it turns out, this is precisely how reality must work if you’re a skeptic.

You see… it’s part of the nature of reality that anything you experience is automatically projected within the framework of your belief system. So if you’re a hard-nosed skeptic, the 11:11 phenomenon must still be validly explainable according to your current beliefs. It cannot violate your beliefs, for that would violate the cosmic principle of free will. The universe cannot show you anything which you’ve intentionally chosen to block from your reality.

Skeptics have plenty of ways to explain my 11:11 experiences, and from the skeptic’s perspective, all of those explanations will seem valid. And indeed, they are valid from within the skeptic’s reference frame. They cannot be otherwise.

That’s one reason why 11:11 is such an interesting phenomenon. Because it works in the realm of improbable but not impossible events (as viewed through an objective lens), it’s able to sneak past the filters that would ordinarily prevent it from reaching your reality at all.

There are many phenomena which an objective belief system will block completely, meaning that there are events in space-time that people with objective beliefs systems will never, ever perceive because their beliefs will block such events 100%. It’s like trying to perceive the color blue while peering through red lenses. However, due to its probabilistic nature, 11:11 is able to get around these filters. Why? Because it always leaves you the out of claiming it was luck, chance, coincidence, or the result of auto-suggestion or hypnosis.

This is why 11:11 is such an insidious doorway. It’s reality’s way of inserting a thought virus through a backdoor into an objective belief system. Once this virus takes root, it begins to dismantle limiting objective beliefs, gradually supplanting them with a more accurate model of reality.

11:11’s purpose is positive, although it may not seem that way when it first takes hold. It’s purpose is ultimately to destroy your belief in a physically grounded objectified reality. This makes it possible for you to discover and perceive more accurate ways of viewing reality.

You can do your best to explain away the surging 11s any way you like. You can cage those experiences in a vault of hard logic. But once you’ve been infected, it’s only a matter of time before your old beliefs begin to crack.

Week after week and month after month, the 11s keep coming. You keep noticing 11:11 on the clock. It’s like you’re being stalked by the number 11 and just can’t shake it. Your logical explanations don’t stop the phenomenon from arising.

Permit yourself a few months, maybe a few years of this, and eventually you’ll reach the point where you’ve had enough. What will you do when five years have passed, and these 11s as well as 11:11 keep popping up all over your environment like a broken record? Will you keep reminding yourself of all the logical reasons such events continue to arise within your otherwise neat and tidy objective universe?

The more you try to disregard and ignore the 11s, the stronger they become. They practically demand your attention.

The 11s are like a pesky ghost that keeps making its presence known. Turning your back on the ghost only makes it more persistent in trying to get your attention. You can deny the ghost’s existence. You can try to explain it away. You can convince yourself that it’s just your imagination and that you’re creating it. Yet no matter how you try to frame it, the ghost persists.

Eventually you’ll break. At some point you’ll turn and face the ghost and ask it what it wants and why it keeps bugging you so incessantly. The sooner you do this, the better.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Nostradamus » 06 Dec 2009, 07:44

That is a long winded post saying and signifying absolutely nothing.

As I pointed out 1s occur more often - mathematically proven.

Now any good skeptic will stop at this point and say that this is simply the result of self-suggestion.

This sums up that rather tedious post,and is clearly not what I posted.

That’s one reason why 11:11 is such an interesting phenomenon. Because it works in the realm of improbable but not impossible events (as viewed through an objective lens), it’s able to sneak past the filters that would ordinarily prevent it from reaching your reality at all.

This is a good example of the repetitious nature of the post, which tells us nothing and attempts to make some claim of being improbable. Math says that improbable claim comes from someone who does not understand the nature of numbers.
Nostradamus

Postby Scepcop » 08 Dec 2009, 11:47

Skeptics, you forget that just cause something is outside your box and belief system, does not automatically mean it must be a coincidence.

How come more people are seeing 1's now than ever before, all independently too?

http://www.muse-net.com/nov2105.html

Seeing 11:11 Everywhere: Does It Mean You're an Angel Incarnate?

Dear Julia:

I have seen the number sequence 11:11 over and over many times on clocks, and then a couple of years ago, I started seeing it other places, and it really struck me. I searched the internet and found that many other people have had this same experience of seeing 11:11 all the time. That day opened up a new world for me, and I started to question many things. Before this, I lived my life without thinking much about anything beyond the mundane. Then I found a website that explained that seeing 11:11 was a prompt from angels, and a sign they are trying to communicate with us. I'm still struggling to understand this. Then another door opened: a lightworker gave me a healing, and told me I had an aura unlike any she'd seen before, and then a psychic told me that I am an incarnated angel. I'm very analytical, and I'm finding all of this hard to swallow. I have no special gifts, but I'm starting to wonder. I feel this need to do something, but I don't know what it is, and I'm getting impatient. What do you make of all this?
- Angela

Dear Angela:

It was with a smile that I noted your name is Angela!

First, I think it's important to remember that our interpretation of any situation or experience will be colored by our belief system. Since you didn't have any relevant spiritual beliefs about this 11:11 experience when it began, you didn't know what to make of it.

The psychic who told you that you are an angel incarnate was putting her own labels and understanding on what this might mean. A different person might have told you that you're an alien or that you've incarnated on Earth for the first time because all your past lives were spent in another star system. A "lightworker" might have told you that this is a sign that you are here on a certain spiritual mission. As there are a lot of different ways to interpret and express the same underlying truth, I think we should back up and explore the general meaning of this experience. The specific path you choose to follow in light of that general meaning will be up to you, and it will prove as individual as you are.

I do want to commend you for questioning all of this. I'm sure a lot of people would like to think they're angels incarnate. (For the record, I'm quite sure I'm NOT, and my husband will back me up on that.) For those readers who are now wondering, "Hmmm...I wonder if I'm an angel incarnate too?" I'd like to offer this perspective: despite the sweetness and goodness we associate with angels, it might not be a good thing to be an angel incarnate, if that is even possible. According to spiritual lore, humans and angels are essentially different in that humans are made in God's image and have free will, while angels do not. So in this sense, we might say that humans are more "God-like" than angels. In this hierarchy, God is like the parents, humans are like the children, and angels are like the nannies hired to follow the parents' orders and watch over the kids. Given a choice, I think I'd rather be human than an angel.

Now is it possible that you could be an angel incarnate? Some people say that angels never incarnate as humans; others say there are angels in disguise around us all the time; still others say that angels can take human form, but only temporarily - like a man who shows up and saves you when you're in trouble, then disappears on the spot. I personally wouldn't presume to don't know which is true. When I ask Spirit about this, all I get back is an enigmatic, All things are possible. Put angels aside: the real question is what this course of experience is trying to tell her.

That matter is far easier to address. As you no doubt know by now, you are definitely not alone in seeing 11:11 everywhere, or for that matter, a number of other repeating number sequences. A simple internet search will yield thousands of websites wherein this phenomenon is discussed. As far out as this all sounds, I experienced it myself years ago, so I know it really happens.

Most people begin by seeing 11:11 or other striking number sequences (such as 22:22, 12:34, etc.) on digital clocks. Every time they look at a clock, it just happens to have such a number on it. If they pay attention, they start to realize that they have an impulse to look at the clock when such a number is displayed, and that this impulse/experience has a certain feeling to it - it feels like someone is trying to tell them something.

If they don't figure out what this means at this point, they usually experience an acceleration of this phenomenon. They start seeing number sequences everywhere: on receipts, license plates, VCR's, microwaves, addresses, etc. They may begin to wake up at night and look at the clock at the exact moment it will display this sequence. Some have even had the power go out, and instead of the clocks in the house all blinking 12:00, they all blink 11:11, or whatever sequence has been following them around.

So what is this all about?

Some say that these are signs from our angels that they are with us, that we are on the right track, or that something is about to happen. Still others say that when we have this experience, our DNA is being activated on some level - whatever that means. It all comes down to the same thing: this experience is what it feels like it is - a call to pay attention to what may be happening beneath the surface of reality - on what we might call a "spiritual" level.

Generally speaking, this phenomenon is considered to be a spiritual "wake-up" call. It tends to occur when one is just where you describe yourself to be: not thinking much about spiritual matters, but very ready to embark on a conscious spiritual path. It's a call to start thinking more deeply about life, and to become more aware of yourself as a spiritual being. (It appears to be quite effective!)

Some say these numbers are sort of a code that was programmed into our subconscious before we were born, and that it was set to "go off" at a certain time. When it does, the nagging feeling we have is our own memory or subconscious trying to tell us that there is a deeper meaning hidden in this experience. It is designed to lead us to question the nature of "reality," and grow conscious of the higher goals we set for ourselves before we incarnated.

If we do wake up spiritually and begin a conscious spiritual journey, we will usually stop having this experience. This waking up may be a subtle change, but more often, it's a major shift in one's whole thinking and life direction. At this point, many people begin actively exploring spiritual matters for the first time, and with a passion. They may change careers, leave a stale marriage, totally overhaul their personal lives, or make other big changes. In the wake of such an awakening, they are transformed on every level. This is what happened to me: when I woke up and embraced a conscious spiritual journey with gusto, the "wake-up" calls stopped. I presume this is because I was awake!

So when you see these number sequences, stop and wonder for a moment at the strangeness of this synchronicity, and what it must mean about the deeper, hidden nature of life. Whether you think angels, aliens or some other force is behind these experiences isn't the point: the important thing is to note that something is trying to tell you something, and it wants you to stop and get quiet and receptive enough to really hear it, for then it can guide you wherever you personally need to go.

- Julia
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Nostradamus » 08 Dec 2009, 21:27

Skeptics, you forget that just cause something is outside your box and belief system, does not automatically mean it must be a coincidence.

How come more people are seeing 1's now than ever before, all independently too?

I never said that and I am the only one responding here.

You need to take the time to read and comprehend. I said there is a well known mathematical understanding of why 1s appear more commonly that other digits. So no it is not a coincidence. It is a well understood issue.

Don't shun the reality of the situation. It is interesting that Benford's law attracts interest.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 08 Dec 2009, 21:39

In response to the exchange that was posted.

this same experience of seeing 11:11 all the time

This happens twice a day unless you use a 24 hour clock.

Then another door opened: a lightworker gave me a healing, and told me I had an aura unlike any she'd seen before, and then a psychic told me that I am an incarnated angel.

This comment does not follow from the 11:11 comment.

That matter is far easier to address. As you no doubt know by now, you are definitely not alone in seeing 11:11 everywhere, or for that matter, a number of other repeating number sequences. A simple internet search will yield thousands of websites wherein this phenomenon is discussed.

Seeing patterns in things is what people do. That does not mean that the pattern is of interest.

Some have even had the power go out, and instead of the clocks in the house all blinking 12:00, they all blink 11:11

This is a function of the internal wiring of the clock and not an exterior force. It is an internal issue that the electrical engineering designs into the circuitry.

Generally speaking, this phenomenon is considered to be a spiritual "wake-up" call.

This is a good statement Scepcop. See how the person says considered instead of a more definite word.

So when you see these number sequences, stop and wonder for a moment at the strangeness of this synchronicity, and what it must mean about the deeper, hidden nature of life. Whether you think angels, aliens or some other force is behind these experiences isn't the point: the important thing is to note that something is trying to tell you something, and it wants you to stop and get quiet and receptive enough to really hear it, for then it can guide you wherever you personally need to go.

Again the use of the term synchronicity. What two or more events are happening at the same time?

All this is is numerology in new clothing. Any evidence for this claim that number sequences are telling you something? Not at all.
Nostradamus

Postby Kevin Kane » 05 Feb 2010, 11:58

I actually came across the phenomena today. I think if a person believes that a message has significance .. it does. If a person chooses to believe that angels are using such things to send messages to them, they could use any method. From TV commercials to street signs ..

...which actually happened to me. Once, I was walking along a road at night and started developing an unnatural sense of dread. The street appeared to safe and quiet, so I continued walking. As I walked, my eyes/mind focused on a street sign that said "Wrong Way". It just grabbed my attention but I made nothing of it. Several minutes later, out of nowhere, I was mugged.

The lesson: listen to what your brain is telling you.
Kevin Kane

Postby Scepcop » 05 Feb 2010, 14:56

Kevin Kane wrote:I actually came across the phenomena today. I think if a person believes that a message has significance .. it does. If a person chooses to believe that angels are using such things to send messages to them, they could use any method. From TV commercials to street signs ..

...which actually happened to me. Once, I was walking along a road at night and started developing an unnatural sense of dread. The street appeared to safe and quiet, so I continued walking. As I walked, my eyes/mind focused on a street sign that said "Wrong Way". It just grabbed my attention but I made nothing of it. Several minutes later, out of nowhere, I was mugged.

The lesson: listen to what your brain is telling you.

Good lesson. The universe does give us messages and warnings from time to time, or omens if you want to call it that. I've had plenty of foreshadowing in my life too, little events that pointed to bigger implications later on. Supposedly, that's how astrology works, the universe is synchronized in consciousness with us, and the stars are like a clock that maps our own consciousness. That's why the ancients were obsessed with it. It's only when they began introducing external time by the clock that time became an "outside" thing, and we became far too left brained and forgetting our divine nature.

These films I'm watching called Esoteric Agenda and Kymatica explains all this. Do a search for them on YouTube. You can watch them there.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Kevin Kane » 05 Feb 2010, 18:21

I'd been on that street before, but I only noticed the sign, or fixed upon it, because my 'spidey senses' were tingling. Unfortunately, I thought I was being "superstitious" and ignored the warning.

Omens, when heeded can be very fortunate. In fact, that's how money got it's name.

http://legionnairespurse.com/money.html
Kevin Kane

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Feb 2010, 19:12

I have often wondered about those 'feelings' that come from out of nowhere like Kevin has mentioned. Since I usually follow my gut I have no way to know if there was anything to them. I do know that many times when I have ignored them, I wasn't pleased with the outcome.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Kevin Kane » 05 Feb 2010, 21:00

One thing is sure, ignoring such feelings, senses or "signs" and saying; Well, I'm a rational person and I don't believe in superstitious sixth senses or angelic messages .. can have negative consequences. And for skeptics to urge people to ignore such feelings is dangerous. Those feelings occur for a reason, and it would be wise to listen to what they are saying.
Kevin Kane

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Feb 2010, 21:32

Kevin Kane wrote:One thing is sure, ignoring such feelings, senses or "signs" and saying; Well, I'm a rational person and I don't believe in superstitious sixth senses or angelic messages .. can have negative consequences. And for skeptics to urge people to ignore such feelings is dangerous. Those feelings occur for a reason, and it would be wise to listen to what they are saying.

Yes!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 05 Feb 2010, 21:42

Kevin Kane wrote:One thing is sure, ignoring such feelings, senses or "signs" and saying; Well, I'm a rational person and I don't believe in superstitious sixth senses or angelic messages .. can have negative consequences. And for skeptics to urge people to ignore such feelings is dangerous. Those feelings occur for a reason, and it would be wise to listen to what they are saying.

Kevin, can you point me in the right direction of where a skeptic has told people to ignore their "gut feeling?"
ProfWag

Postby Kevin Kane » 06 Feb 2010, 05:04

ProfWag wrote:Kevin, can you point me in the right direction of where a skeptic has told people to ignore their "gut feeling?"

Sure .. http://www.skepdic.com/
Kevin Kane

Next

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences