View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

I saw a UFO

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Re: I saw a UFO

Postby NinjaPuppy » 28 Aug 2009, 06:34

kungfuscience wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:
kungfuscience wrote:I'm curious about something. When/if you told others about this UFO did they believe you? Did they tell you there is no such thing? Did they tell you that you were crazy? Did they accuse you of lying? If so, can you remember how that made you feel? You are obviously a person who is looking for the facts about unexplained things. As you said in another thread, "truth".

Another question, your brother saw this UFO at the same time. Did he also see the UFO/bird scenario as well? Did he accept your explanation that it was actually a bird or does he still have some trepidations about the original scenario?

People I told believed I saw soemthing, as far as I can remember, no one called me crazy or caled me a liar, but my circle of friends also liked the X Files, so were primed to beleive such things.

My bro was happy to hear of the bird explanation, he remembers the UFO too, and is glad to know if was a bird.

I must apologise for jumping to conclusions - given that this forum gives credence to proven nonsense, such as homeopathy, and a few of the posts I read (which were a very small sample), I thought that to be the case. I now realise I was wrong and apologise for my misconceptions.

I do hope that I did not come off as being insolent as my questions were more for a personal comparison of information. Thank you for answering.
NinjaPuppy

Postby kungfuscience » 28 Aug 2009, 19:19

NinjaPuppy - not at all. Alas, I don't have much time to go through various threads etc here. Signing up to this forum has coincided with me not being able to get internet at home (landlord's on the case though!). So I'm trying ot answer people's questions for me, but might be appearing a bit snappy. We're cool!

As for the Phoenix Lights and Washington Merry Go Round incident, I don't have a take. I would expect there to be a rational answer (there almost always is). I'll just have to say "I don't know".
kungfuscience

Postby Scepcop » 29 Aug 2009, 00:30

kungfuscience, what do you make of this?

http://www.disclosureproject.org/

The Disclosure Project is a nonprofit research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems. We have over 400 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses testifying to their direct, personal, first hand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology, and the cover-up that keeps this information secret.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 29 Aug 2009, 04:49

Scepcop wrote:kungfuscience, what do you make of this?

http://www.disclosureproject.org/

The Disclosure Project is a nonprofit research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems. We have over 400 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses testifying to their direct, personal, first hand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology, and the cover-up that keeps this information secret.

Scepcop, I hope you don't mind me interjecting here. It's nice that this group got some people with credentials together to try to find an answer to UFOs. If the government is hiding info that would not hurt our national security, then I'm all for them releasing what they know.
During their big conference in 2001 which was when they tried to get the ball rolling with this group, one of the presenters was retired Army Sgt Clifford Stone. You may believe him. I find his story "suspicious" to say the least. Again, I'll let the reader decide: (this is copied from the website you provided) (Please note what he said they looked like.)
"In his campaign he has a pack (meaning a lot) of military veterans who are all dying to tell what they've seen and heard. One of them is a retired sergeant in the Army, Clifford Stone, who says that the authorities has been trying to put a lid on what he observed in Pennsylvania one day in 1969.

-I was involved in situations where we retrieved crashed UFOs. Sometimes there were bodies involved, some of these were alive, Stone told during a press conference in Washington Wednesday.

-While we were doing this, we told the world that nothing had happened, he added. Looked like you and me -- To the unavoidable question "What did they look like?", Stone answered:

-These were individuals which, to a large extent, looked like you and me. They could walk among us and you wouldn't even know the difference.

He claims to have categorized 57 different extra terresterial lifeforms. To an enthusiastic pro-UFO audience, the pressconference on Wednesday was like sent from heaven, but it'is questionable if the Congress will listen to the campaign despite impressing military referances and credible witnesses."
ProfWag

Postby Eteponge » 29 Aug 2009, 06:35

ProfWag: That's the problem I personally have with the disclosure project and Dr. Steven Greer, he puts some very good, very credible, very keen, and very reputable witnesses mixed in with rather non-credible or highly suspicious people with serious credibility issues. A tactic of, "throws everything on the wall, and see what sticks". Which doesn't cut it with credibility.

UFO Watchdog (a website by a UFO Researcher who is convinced that UFOs are a real phenomenon, but exposes BS in the field that muddies the waters) reveals some damaging stuff about Dr. Steven Greer ...

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/

"Reportedly plagiarizes the UFO work of others and sells as his own, sells do-it-yourself ET contact kits - now you too can steer in extraterrestrial spacecraft with a flashlight and never record them just like Doc Greer does. Made claims of contacting extraterrestrials through meditation. Claimed that U.S. military forces attacked a Colorado ET base inside a mountain using nerve gas, no evidence to back claim. Had dinner with CIA Director and spun tale of having briefed CIA Director about ETs for hours. Hosted press conference with credible UFO witnesses on Capitol Hill - ruined it and his own credibility by selling the work of others with his name on it and using bogus witnesses. Allegeldy attempted to charge Washington State MUFON members $2500.00 each to demonstrate how he can vector in UFOs - Greer got to choose the location and the time...mmmmmm. SEE: Doc Greer Sells The Truth, Greer: UFOlogy's Own Worst Enemy, CSETI, Greer's claim of military attacking ET underground base with nerve gas, and a refutation of Greer's claims of having briefed the CIA on UFOs."

Greer also claims he is in contact with people who have an alien baby that came out of an egg shaped craft. lol wut.

The Paracast has interviewed Dr. Steven Greer a number of times, and he doesn't come out of it looking very good ...

http://www.theparacast.com/

Greer basically brushed it off when they pointed out that Clifford Stone doesn't have a very reliable story, and basically suggested he doesn't have time to look into these people's backgrounds, and puts them up there anyway as long as they have a purportedly true story.

The Paracast has also interviewed Steven Basset, the other guy of the Disclosure Movement, and he stated on the air that credibility doesn't matter to him when they questioned him about having suspicious and non-credible people, and he even went off on them (like, he became mentally unhinged) when they asked him basic skeptical questions. These interviews can be listened to on their website.

Basically, with the disclosure project, there are indeed very good, very reputable, very keen eyewitnesses, but there are also people with credibility issues thrown into the mix, which to me is damaging.

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby ProfWag » 29 Aug 2009, 19:36

Excellent post Eteponge. There definitely are some very reputable people in that organization. As I mentioned earlier, I, myself, have seen a mysterious aircraft on two separate occasions and I can definitely see how anyone, regardless of their stature in society, can believe they have seen alien spacecraft. The topic of this thread, however, prevents me from saying anything else in this post though...
ProfWag

Postby Eteponge » 29 Aug 2009, 20:25

ProfWag wrote:Excellent post Eteponge. There definitely are some very reputable people in that organization. As I mentioned earlier, I, myself, have seen a mysterious aircraft on two separate occasions and I can definitely see how anyone, regardless of their stature in society, can believe they have seen alien spacecraft. The topic of this thread, however, prevents me from saying anything else in this post though...

Perhaps we should start a thread on the topic in the UFO Forum Section?
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Scepcop » 04 Sep 2009, 23:26

Eteponge wrote:Basically, with the disclosure project, there are indeed very good, very reputable, very keen eyewitnesses, but there are also people with credibility issues thrown into the mix, which to me is damaging.

Well when you have 400 people testifying, you're going to get a mixed bag of people, some good and some bad. That's natural. But of course, people like ProfWag are going to focus on the weaker witnesses and forget the credible ones, since he has confirmation bias. lol
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 04 Sep 2009, 23:35

ProfWag wrote:Excellent post Eteponge. There definitely are some very reputable people in that organization. As I mentioned earlier, I, myself, have seen a mysterious aircraft on two separate occasions and I can definitely see how anyone, regardless of their stature in society, can believe they have seen alien spacecraft. The topic of this thread, however, prevents me from saying anything else in this post though...

Yeah but remember that the Disclosure Project isn't about people seeing UFO's in the sky. It's about officials with inside knowledge of government involvement and cover up regarding UFO's. Remember the wonderful ending scene of the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"? Perhaps something like that has really happened, but it was kept a secret?

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 04 Sep 2009, 23:39

KungFuScience and ProfWag,

How do you explain this famous incident? As you can see, UFO evidence is not confined only to people seeing distant objects in the sky.

A link on the incident: http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/RendleshamForest.htm
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 05 Sep 2009, 02:52

Scepcop wrote:KungFuScience and ProfWag,

How do you explain this famous incident? As you can see, UFO evidence is not confined only to people seeing distant objects in the sky.

Scepcop, if you don't mind, I would like to stay out of the Bentwaters UFO discussion. I was in the Air Force and stationed in the area in the early 1980's and may have knowledge and/or personal bias towards actual events of that sighting. I'm afraid that my discussion on this subject could not lead to anything productive so I respectfully decline your invitation.
Thanks though.
Wag
P.S. During that time, Bentwaters used aluminum framed quansit (sp) huts for their temporary housing. Sleeping in those things during a spring rain shower was, and always will be, the best rest of my life. Ahhhh, the memories...
P.S.S. Bentwaters was also the first American base in the UK to get a Burger King. You should have seen the line that first day!
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 11 Sep 2009, 02:00

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:KungFuScience and ProfWag,

Scepcop, if you don't mind, I would like to stay out of the Bentwaters UFO discussion. I was in the Air Force and stationed in the area in the early 1980's and may have knowledge and/or personal bias towards actual events of that sighting. I'm afraid that my discussion on this subject could not lead to anything productive so I respectfully decline your invitation.
Thanks though.
Wag
P.S. During that time, Bentwaters used aluminum framed quansit (sp) huts for their temporary housing. Sleeping in those things during a spring rain shower was, and always will be, the best rest of my life. Ahhhh, the memories...
P.S.S. Bentwaters was also the first American base in the UK to get a Burger King. You should have seen the line that first day!

you were on the airforce?
so cool
i envy you
i wish i could fly one of those aircrafts
i can barely drive a car on the highway!
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Previous

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences