[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
A recent psychic experience : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

A recent psychic experience

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

A recent psychic experience

Postby HurricaneHeidi » 23 Aug 2009, 09:04

We have three huge live oak trees very close to our house - the trunks are about 6 feet in diameter and the trees are about 75-80 feet high. I have always "trusted" that they would not damage our house or be a danger to us, and could not bring myself to cut them down. I kept thinking of them as "sentinels" and wanted to preserve and feed them. I use a mulching lawn mower so as to return the grass and fallen leaves to the ground, for recycling of the nutrients to the big trees.

Last year, I was standing behind the house next to our DirecTV satellite dish, and looking up at the huge live oak tree near the South-West corner of the house. For some reason, I concentrated on a branch that I thought was about to grow into the sight-path of our satellite dish and interfere with the signal. I was wondering what to do - the branch is way up near the top of the tree, and the tree pruning service we've used didn't have a cherry picker that extended up that far, and I felt worried that a man climbing up that far would be risking his life. Then I got a strong sense of "knowing" not to worry about it... just leave it alone. I have learned to trust these "knowing" feelings.

About a month later, a ferocious thunderstorm happened, and that very branch was struck by lightning. It split and fell on the front of the roof, and the branches stuck through the ceiling. Water was pouring in. We put pots and containers under the leaks and called our insurance company, who sent a restoration crew over right away. They covered the roof with a tarp, and the insurance company paid for the roof to be completely repaired. We got a whole new roofing job because of this, because they couldn't match the old shingles with any available new ones. This also fixed two existing leaks around our skylights that we couldn't otherwise afford to fix. Two GFCI outlets that had shorted out and malfunctioned due to those leaks got replaced, too. Our whole roof is good as new, the skylights don't leak anymore, and the wall sockets are replaced. If I hadn't listened to that "knowing" voice in my head, we'd have wasted hundreds of dollars getting the branch pruned, risked a man's life, IMO, and our roof would still be leaking.

A more amazing sequence of events happened about 5 years ago. I was about to rip out a very sickly looking sago palm in front of the house. It was brown, straggly and ugly, and I was walking over to it with shovel and pruning shears in hand, intending to dig it up and cut it into pieces and throw it away, when I got a sudden thought: "Go see what's on Martha Stewart this morning." When something comes in that powerfully, I pay attention. I set down the shovel and pruner, and went into the house. Her show began at 11AM and it was about 10:55AM. That morning she had a special guest - a man who devoted his entire property to growing and propagating sago palms and other ancient plants of this genus. He described the scale disease that my sago palm was suffering from, and recommended the correct treatment. Amazed, I followed his instructions to the letter, and the sago is now beautiful. I have also harvested seeds (it's a female plant) and added her seedlings to other decorative locations in front of the house. I have no doubt that, as Rupert Sheldrake believes, everything that lives has a field of consciousness... a morphic field... with which we can connect if we are open to it.

I've had profound psychic experiences with certain cats and dogs, my special pets, over the years, too... but this post is long enough for now.
"Hurricane" Heidi Guedel

"Scientists, animated by the purpose of proving themselves purposeless, constitute an interesting subject for study."
- Alfred North Whitehead
HurricaneHeidi

Re: A recent psychic experience

Postby brett » 23 Aug 2009, 13:46

hi there Heidi - and welcome :D the first incident as could the second to a lesser extent could be down to synchronicity ( coincidence ) - however the psychic element is interesting maybe all part of the same event - i am a great believer in "something will turn up if you really need it " for example :

my late wife suffered from chronic arthritis all her life virtually - first of all she met me ( again a story of coincidence ) and we just clicked and at the time had the money to help improve her life somewhat , i persuaded her to have and bought her a mobility scooter - no way she could have afforded one - or at that time even known where to get one , later i arranged assessment by social services , they glibly said "oh you could do with a stair lift " ( as to providing one - yea right :roll: )

anyways at that time i used to visit a local car boot sale each Sunday morning - this day francina did not feel up to going so i jokingly said "if i see any stair lifts - i will bring one back " ( we had been discussing spending a lot of money on a new one the evening before - and decided we could not at that time afford it )

well believe it or not - on the second pitch there was a stair lift - just what we needed for 200 GBP the guy was a "house clearance "contractor and assured me it was in good condition ( it was ) and even offered to help fit it for us - so i phone the wife on the mobile and say " hey love guess what - there's a stair lift here for 200 " needless to say francina was somewhat incredulous - any ways it was delivered and fitted - did Stirling service - until 3 days after the wife passed away and then stopped , never working again ( since removed and scrapped as repair costs are more than its worth :roll: :roll: - electronics problems )

so you see , if you REALLY need some thing - sometimes it will just turn up or if religious ?? then i guess the lord will indeed provide ?? :?
brett

Postby HurricaneHeidi » 24 Aug 2009, 14:00

Hi Brett, thanks for your reply.

I believe that the synchronicity is evidence of our consciousness extending beyond our physical form and both gathering info and affecting the world around us. I just recently discovered Rupert Sheldrake and his theory of Morphic Resonance. After the psi experiences I've had, I find that Sheldrake's theory rings true for me.
"Hurricane" Heidi Guedel

"Scientists, animated by the purpose of proving themselves purposeless, constitute an interesting subject for study."
- Alfred North Whitehead
HurricaneHeidi

Postby Scepcop » 27 Aug 2009, 13:02

So your insurance company that paid for the new roof didn't require you to cut down the tree as part of its policy?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 28 Aug 2009, 08:55

Brett, your example reminds me of something.

When I left Russia in 2003, I brought back with me a pocket electronic translator that I had used there for a long time. As soon as I get home, it stopped working though and the screen went haywire every time I turned it on, displaying random characters. I replaced the batteries but it didn't help either. Throughout the year, I would sometimes turn it on again to see if it worked again, which it didn't.

After a year, when I returned to Russia again in 2004, right when I got off the plane, in the Moscow airport I took out that same translator that I brought with me again. And behold, when I pressed the power button, it worked normally again! Wow. I had no explanation for that. Maybe objects have a sort of "morphic resonance" too?

Some girl there ended up stealing the translator from me later on though, which I was very mad about.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby HurricaneHeidi » 15 Sep 2009, 12:07

HurricaneHeidi

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences