View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Ghost orb photos I got in Washington and Nevada

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Ghost orb photos I got in Washington and Nevada

Postby Scepcop » 16 Aug 2009, 01:09

Here are some photos of orbs that I took with my camera from ghost hunts in Washington. I zoomed in on some and cropped them so you could see them up close. Some look like they are caught in motion. There's even one with a whole cluster of orbs scattered about, almost two dozen in one photo!

Here they are.

Close up of a blue orb.

That same blue orb that was zoomed in from this original picture

Another light blue orb close up. You can see a faint outline around it.

A white one

Two above a girl's head

Check out this one. There's a ton of them scattered throughout, some of them are dim. But they total around 20 orbs or so.

Here you can see lots of little ones in the big space under the ceiling.

This is a strange light tail that appeared.

Another bright blue one close up.

Here's one that looks like it's moving or in motion.

Wow look at this one! It's a like a huge fireworks of orbs! (I intensified the color settings on this photo in Paintshop Pro to make the orbs more vivid)

Finally, here's something weird. Everyone in the group said this pile of leaves on the elevator floor was not there before. It suddenly appeared later on in the night, with no explanation. The thing is, if the janitor of this building did that, why would he leave them there in a pile in the center without cleaning it up?

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Ghost orb photos I got in Washington and Nevada

Postby Scepcop » 16 Aug 2009, 01:16

Here are some from Virginia City, Nevada, where I lived for 8 months back in 2001, and where me and John Benneth did a mentalist show together.

In the top photo, you will see some weird blue and white lines during a 4th of July fireworks show. It was taken with a disposable camera, and before the shot was taken, the camera was dropped in the wet grass, but I am not sure if that created this strange photo or caused two shots to overlap. The thing is, the blue and white lines appear to be in FRONT of the fireworks show. And they look flower shaped with dotted lines. Very weird. I don't know what they are.

The bottom photo was taken during a magic show I did in the Pipers Opera House indoors. It was also taken with a disposable camera. A blue orb appeared as you can see. My friend Michael Goodspeed said that he saw a blue ball of light move across the stage one night when it was empty.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Aug 2009, 01:32

Very nice! What a great collection.

Thanks for sharing those pictures with us. I'd love to hear some details of the entire experience of this 'ghost hunt'. I have done one 'official' ghost hunt with a nice group of experienced or should I say, 'seasoned' paranormal group and it was a real eye opener for me. My experience raised so many questions in my mind. It sparked an interest in doing some of my own investigation and research to see if it is possible for me to anwer some of my own questions.
NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 16 Aug 2009, 03:15

yea great photos scepcop - of course you just KNOW the skeptics will cry DUST !! - and indeed i am going to say dust particles in SOME of the photos -BUT having studied them SOME of the orbs are in my opinion NOT dust - the one taken with a film camera is particularly impressive as they cant claim it was the "digital camera effect "

orbs generally are a controversial subject - and one of the fallacies thrown up is that they ONLY appeared with the advent of digital technology - which is BOLLOCKS :roll: - there are surviving pictures dating back to the first world war and earlier showing orbs - but of course your average anti orb chappy does not know this because they don't do their research !!

many of these early captures have been destroyed by "touching up " as film was expensive and those taken of family portraiture where too valuable to just bin because of a supposed film fault - so they got out the photographic ink and bingo no "blemish "

now a common excuse is that its the flash illuminating dust - but why ( and i have had this argument on believer sites too ) - is it ONE lights up when there are literally millions of dust particles in the atmosphere - , i have experimented here using visible red lasers to look along the beam and appraise HOW many particles are present -( usually hundreds ) yet it is possible to take a photo at the same time and capture ONE , another popular misconception is that they are "near " the lens - again a simple experiment of putting makers along a corridor ( white sticks a known distance apart set in plasticine ) - has disproved this - with some "dust " particles lighting up ( returning the flash- or whatever ) many meters away

and what of the self illuminated variety ??- that you don't need flash to capture - not so common but have seen one or two in my time

i am NOT going to voice an opinion as to what they are - but they cant ALL be dust - simple - practical research has shown me this - something that maybe a few more on BOTH sides need to try doing ;)

ninja puppy : DO IT the best way is to research alone or with a trusted partner for safety reasons - groups have many failings - not least of which are "personalities " and motives " certainly any group that charges or pays to visit sites is suspect !! - ( heck i could do a whole paper on ghost hunting groups - but if you need advice PM me - always glad to give you the real low down ) - find your OWN truths - and trust you instincts - don't be lead !! ;)
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Aug 2009, 04:03

brett wrote:yea great photos scepcop - of course you just KNOW the skeptics will cry DUST !!

You forgot bugs, moisture, lens flair and at least 5 more reasons orbs are the topic of great controversy. :lol:

i am NOT going to voice an opinion as to what they are - but they cant ALL be dust - simple - practical research has shown me this - something that maybe a few more on BOTH sides need to try doing ;)

Agree.

ninja puppy : DO IT the best way is to research alone or with a trusted partner for safety reasons - groups have many failings - not least of which are "personalities " and motives " certainly any group that charges or pays to visit sites is suspect !! - ( heck i could do a whole paper on ghost hunting groups - but if you need advice PM me - always glad to give you the real low down ) - find your OWN truths - and trust you instincts - don't be lead !! ;)

Yes, the group I went with had a few things happen that made me want to jump on the skeptical bandwagon more than once during the investigation. Of course I refrained from forming any opinion until I was satisfied with gathering as many facts as I could get from this experience. It was quite interesting and informative. I will take you up on your offer to PM you for your advice. I consider myself rather naive when it comes to looking for ghosts. I usually find them the old fashioned way... :lol: I've never had an oppotunity to actually go looking for them on my time.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Oct 2009, 18:58

Here is an 'orb' photo that I got in Florida-

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Oct 2009, 19:01

One more 'vacation' shot-

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Oct 2009, 19:06

My trip to Savannah-

While most people enjoy visiting the regular tourist sites, I tend to wander around old cemetaries. I've done this since I was a child.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Oct 2009, 19:21

Here is one more that was taken during a 'ghost hunt' with a paranormal group out of GA.-

The orb is where the 'lady in blue' is usually seen. This is an old B&B in Florida. The 'orb' is at the top of the steps (lower left of the pic).
NinjaPuppy

Postby wjbeaty » 27 Oct 2009, 13:45

Scepcop wrote:Here are some photos of orbs that I took with my camera from ghost hunts in Washington.

I shot lots of "Orbs" at the Museum of Mysteries in Seattle. So I started messing with cameras, and I developed a new device: an orb-catcher lens. No, it's not what you think.

If a particular Orb is caused by dust, then the round edge of the Orb is actually the edge of the round camera iris. If you had an old 1800s camera, that iris might only have six metal leafs, and the dust-orbs would come out as little hexagons. Ah, that means I can modify a camera lens to make dust-Orbs look different than real paranormal events. I can't dig into the guts of cameras. So what I did was to stretch a grid of lines across the front: parallel human hairs spaced about 15 per centimeter.

This works great. If you intentionally create dust, then photograph it with flash turned on, you get "Orbs." But all of them have one or more thin black lines cutting across them. This is shadow-optics, and the grid of hairs across the lens will cast a shadow upon any nearby unfocused spark of light, such as the microscopic dust bits floating next to the camera flash. Anything out in the distance will look normal with no lines. (The hairs are far to blurred-out to show up in photos.)

Folks might want to try making one of these yourself. To support the hairs I used a glass plate, an "ultraviolet filter" that screws onto the front of the camera.

On the other hand, it's far simpler to just shut down the camera flash and shoot with a tripod. With no flash (and with no sunlight hitting the lens,) "dust Orbs" become impossible to create. They can only appear if microscopic dust motes are lit up brightly.

Or, professional photographers can just use a detached photoflash attachment, keeping it a good half-meter away from the lens. If the light beam from the flash can never hit the dust motes hanging in front of the lens, then any Orbs that turn up on photos are not caused by flash-illuminated dust.

(Also, it's different if you see a floating Orb directly by eye, then whip out your camera and shoot its picture. Hasn't happened to me yet.)

PS

In a fairly dust-free room I couldn't photograph any dust-orbs. So I sprayed a plant-watering bottle of tap water a few feet in front of the camera, making a very fine mist. HUUUUUGE number of orbs turned up in photos. You could even see the sparks of light hanging in air when the flash went off.

ORBS FROM WATER MIST SPRAY BOTTLE

After a minute they were mostly gone. But there were still quite a few. After many minutes there were still quite a few. But the water mist had all settled. The dust-orbs would not go away. Weird. Then I realized: water droplets evaporate ...and each one leaves behind a floating microscopic mote of minerals or dirt. Yeah, distilled water might disappear entirely, but tap water does not. The camera easily saw the micro-dust left behind after a big cloud of fine water mist had evaporated.
-----------------------------------------------
'Skeptic' does not mean scoffer
'Skeptic' does not mean debunker
'Skeptic' does not mean csicop member
'Skeptic' does not mean Atheist
'Skeptic' does not mean cynic
'Skeptic' does not mean woo-woo-hater
'Skeptic' does not mean anti-paranormalist
'Skeptic' does not even mean self-declared Skeptic
((((((((((((( ( (O) ) )))))))))))))
Bill Beaty Science Hobbyist
billb|eskimo com http://amasci.com/wclose/
wjbeaty

Postby wjbeaty » 27 Oct 2009, 13:56

Scepcop wrote:The thing is, the blue and white lines appear to be in FRONT of the fireworks show. And they look flower shaped with dotted lines. Very weird. I don't know what they are.

If you shoot a long-exposure photo at night, but wave the camera around, the photo will be full of dotted lines. These are non-incandescent light bulbs! The lights are flashing on and off at 120 cycles per second. If there are lights in the distance, and the camera aim is sweeping around, then you should get stripes of light in your photo. But instead, you get rows of evenly-spaced dots. All modern streetlights do this. So do CFL lamps. Incandescent light bulbs do it too, but just barely: no dots, more like a ribbon of light with a slight ripple.
-----------------------------------------------
'Skeptic' does not mean scoffer
'Skeptic' does not mean debunker
'Skeptic' does not mean csicop member
'Skeptic' does not mean Atheist
'Skeptic' does not mean cynic
'Skeptic' does not mean woo-woo-hater
'Skeptic' does not mean anti-paranormalist
'Skeptic' does not even mean self-declared Skeptic
((((((((((((( ( (O) ) )))))))))))))
Bill Beaty Science Hobbyist
billb|eskimo com http://amasci.com/wclose/
wjbeaty

Postby Scepcop » 27 Oct 2009, 14:13

wjbeaty wrote:
Scepcop wrote:The thing is, the blue and white lines appear to be in FRONT of the fireworks show. And they look flower shaped with dotted lines. Very weird. I don't know what they are.

If you shoot a long-exposure photo at night, but wave the camera around, the photo will be full of dotted lines. These are non-incandescent light bulbs! The lights are flashing on and off at 120 cycles per second. If there are lights in the distance, and the camera aim is sweeping around, then you should get stripes of light in your photo. But instead, you get rows of evenly-spaced dots. All modern streetlights do this. So do CFL lamps. Incandescent light bulbs do it too, but just barely: no dots, more like a ribbon of light with a slight ripple.

But there were no street lamps around in that photo, only the fireworks show in the distance. Are you saying fireworks cannot cause such evenly spaced dots?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby mac877 » 20 Oct 2011, 20:48

]hi my name is jim, my son died in august, on 10/12 he would have been 21 years old we had a b day party for him, when looking at the pics of party we got all kinds of spirit orbs, are these matt and spirit friends, was he there with us, i was sceptical and cant explain these and other things we've experienced since his death i'm back to church cuz there's something there after you die i've seen it and i know it how do i upload the pics keeps telling me there to big of a file ive got pics that blow all these posted away kinda spooky kinda makes you feel at peace go to matthew mceachern face book page to see pics if you would like
mac877

Postby mac877 » 09 Nov 2011, 09:37

looks like some of the same orbs i got in my pics on other post check them out
mac877

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences