View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

a malevolent spirit ??

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Re: a malevolent spirit ??

Postby ciscop » 11 Aug 2009, 00:02

well thanks for your opinion as you say you have never met me so really this is little better than the "cold readings" fake psychics do ( no offence )

Hey! i did a little better than those douches
im fine with that
:D

Common Panic Attack Symptoms

Symptoms of a Panic Attack

* raging heartbeat
* difficulty breathing, feeling as though you 'can't get enough air
* terror that is almost paralyzing
* nervous, shaking, stress
* heart palpitation, feeling of dread
* dizziness, lightheadedness or nausea
* trembling, sweating, shaking
* choking, chest pains, distress
* fear, fright, afraid, anxious
* hot flashes, or sudden chills
* tingling in fingers or toes ('pins and needles')
* fearful that you're going to go crazy or are about to die

those panic attacks seems quite similar to what you described :D
but that wouldnt explain the death girl, which is an amazing coincidence or the proof or a malevolent spirit.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 12 Aug 2009, 23:54

ciscop wrote:
well thanks for your opinion as you say you have never met me so really this is little better than the "cold readings" fake psychics do ( no offence )

Hey! i did a little better than those douches
im fine with that
:D

Common Panic Attack Symptoms

Symptoms of a Panic Attack

* raging heartbeat
* difficulty breathing, feeling as though you 'can't get enough air
* terror that is almost paralyzing
* nervous, shaking, stress
* heart palpitation, feeling of dread
* dizziness, lightheadedness or nausea
* trembling, sweating, shaking
* choking, chest pains, distress
* fear, fright, afraid, anxious
* hot flashes, or sudden chills
* tingling in fingers or toes ('pins and needles')
* fearful that you're going to go crazy or are about to die

those panic attacks seems quite similar to what you described :D
but that wouldnt explain the death girl, which is an amazing coincidence or the proof or a malevolent spirit.

sorry again WRONG - IT WAS NOT A PANIC ATTACK ( by your standards ) - merely the assessing of an inexplicable situation that was outside my THEN understanding that i decided to withdraw from ( concern for ones own safety does NOT constitute a panic attack - its just common sense ) - my decision to withdraw was based on experiencing something i had NOT come across before - and was in my view eminently sensible -

in fact i have "withdrawn " from many situations over the years - placing distance between myself and it - reassessing the situation from a place of safety and formulating a plan to tackle the changed or unclear situation in a manner that did not endanger me or others ( its called being in charge and using ones experience ) ,and in no way shows ANY predisposition to flight or panic - the old saying of fools rush in - where others fear to tread is valid !! - and BREVADO in the face of a changing possibly critical situation - is not only the height of stupidity - but CAN and HAS got people killed

and indeed if i ever DID get a chance to go back to the location - i would use these methods to asses the situation appertaining at the time - and then consider in a calm and hopefully logical manner HOW to proceed

as to your point about the title , well i know when someone or something has a bad intent towards me ( i am not going to use the emotive word "evil " ) - and i assessed , based on the information that i had at the time , and subsequent research of the events ( as far as possible - read my point about things being covered up by the gentry in that period ) that the whatever it was ( note i don't claim it was any sort of ghost - and actually pose the question in the title of this post ) , that i came across on that occasion had "malice " contained within it - hence " malevolent spirit ?? "

AT THE END OF THE DAY I AM NOT ASKING ANYONE TO BELEIVE THIS BASED ON "ANADOTAL EVIDENCE " - i merely present the facts as i determined them at the time and subsequently - nothing more - and you are free to judge this as you will - disbelieve as you will or otherwise - but at the end of the day PLEASE don't start on about panic attacks - i don't have them !! - some of us ARE built of sterner stuff .
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
brett

Postby ciscop » 13 Aug 2009, 01:04

yep, after all the title of this experience is ¨malevolent spirit¨
i wasnt expecting you to say ¨OF COURSE!, thats it¨

for the record
i think it was a quite unique experience (and quite awesome, since i haver never heard about something like that)
i asked my old career professors and some colleges of mine. ONLY 1 of them had a patient that suffered from panic attacks related to ghosts
so what you had was quite unique after all

(i will keep my panic attack explanation, you can keep your malevolent spirit..
after all you know what you experience, and i know what i studied and do for living)
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 13 Aug 2009, 02:31

ciscop wrote:yep, after all the title of this experience is ¨malevolent spirit¨

for the record
i think it was a quite unique experience (and quite awesome, since i have never heard about something like that)
i asked my old career professors and some colleges of mine. ONLY 1 of them had a patient that suffered from panic attacks related to ghosts

after all you know what you experience, and i know what i studied and do for living)

ah but that's not the point - you believe i had a panic attack - because that what you do for a living - but that does not prove you correct - it is an opinion - and it seems regardless what i say - you are going to stick to your opinion ( and you wonder WHY i keep away from "mind meddlers " ?? :lol: - it was exactly the same when i received grief counseling after my wife died - i was talked AT - not too - and told all about WHAT i SHOULD be feeling - not listened to at all ) - and eventually abandoned - because i would not "conform" to her idea of how I SHOULD BE HANDLING THE SITUATION - well so much for the "listening therapy " :roll:

and you assertion that you know what you studied - again all you are doing is repeating what you have been taught - - you are not even considering the possibility that I AM IN FACT CORRECT - because to do so , would mean you would have to reconsider all you have been TAUGHT - and thence reevaluate your world view - which of course is not tenable as you believe blindly in what you have been taught - which is where many fall down as they fail to question IF the teaching and the tutors ARE in fact correct ??

anyways - i will accept you are going to stick with your pronouncement - and console myself with the knowledge of what happened first hand - and then leave it to others to judge who may be correct and the strength of each argument

no doubt we will cross swords again else where on the forum eh "??

regards :D

don't forget to read my next "experience " - it involves multiple witnesses :D - i am still looking for a photo before i post it - so as they say -watch this space
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
brett

Postby ciscop » 13 Aug 2009, 03:06

seems like you are not open to my explanation and i should be open to yours?
hahahaha sorry.. for being skeptic of malevolent spirits, you are being just as dissmisive as i am, this road is a 2 way road, fair is fair
:-(

lets forget about it :-)
i still like your stories man

i have an uncle that has a lot of experiences with ghosts
i dont care about debunking him.. i just care about the stories
i love them, for me are entertainment
i love mysterious stuff
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 15 Aug 2009, 23:11

ciscop wrote:well brett
i cant comment on it
since this is a skeptic free thread
but have you seen a psychologyst and told them this story?
(not saying your are crazy or anything, im just saying i see some symtoms of something i know about since i am a psychologist)... not to worry 5% to 7% (depends of the study) of all people suffer this kind of stuff on their lifetime

whatever it is i am not 100% sure since i havent treated you and i dont know you

but this was nice story :D

Ciscop, are you insinuating that brett has some psychological problem? This is a classic case of a skeptic not taking all the data into account. Remember he said that OTHERS, including animals sensed some bad spirit in that cottage, not just him. And it tended to be men only, not women.

This kind of story is not uncommon. When John Benneth and I worked in Virginia City, NV, we worked in this haunted theater. Whenever someone would go upstairs to the private balcony booth of Julia Bulette, who was murdered, they'd feel uncomfortable as though there was a presence in the room that wanted them out. Or your head would feel a pressure being exerted on it.

Ciscop, how do you explain this one?

http://www.dosseydossey.com/larry/Inter ... itions.pdf
Amanda, a young mother in Washington State, was awakened one night by a horrible dream. She dreamed that the chandelier in the next room had fallen from the ceiling onto her sleeping infant’s crib and crushed the baby. In the dream she saw a clock in the baby’s room that read 4:35, and that wind and rain were hammering the windows. Extremely upset, she awakened her husband and told him her dream. He said it was silly and to go back to sleep. But the dream was so frightening that Amanda went into the baby’s room and brought it back to bed with her. Soon she was awakened by a loud crash in the baby’s room. She rushed in to see that the chandelier had fallen and crushed the crib -- and that the clock in the room read 4:35, and that wind and rain were howling outside. Her dream premonition was camera-like in detail, including the specific event, the precise time, and even a change in the weather.

Personal experience is probably the best argument against the skeptics of premonitions.

I give several examples in which a skeptical spouse profoundly disagreed about whether or not his or her partner’s premonition should be taken seriously. But when the premonition came true, the skeptical spouse came around to a different way of thinking. An example is Amanda’s precognitive dream that a falling chandelier would crush their baby in its crib. The husband dismissed it as silly. But when she removed the baby from the crib and the chandelier actually fell and demolished the crib, precisely as she had dreamed, her doubting husband changed his tune.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 15 Aug 2009, 23:24

ciscop wrote:yep, after all the title of this experience is ¨malevolent spirit¨

for the record
i think it was a quite unique experience (and quite awesome, since i haver never heard about something like that)

Ciscop, why are you so sure that ghosts don't exist and aren't a possible explanation? What makes you the master of the universe? There is so much about time and space, not just the physical universe, that we don't know. We don't know a lot about consciousness and memories either. What makes you so sure and conclusive that ghosts don't exist and is not a possible explanation for brett's experience?

You are being illogical. You can't know that ghosts don't exist. You do not possess all knowledge of the multi-dimensional universe. Thus you are making unreasonable claims and suppositions, which in this case, is that brett's experience MUST have a conventional psychological explanation.

How can you not see that you have no right to declare what's possible and what isn't? That is not the mark of an open minded skeptic, which you claimed you were.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 15 Aug 2009, 23:29

BTW ciscop, you mentioned joe nickell investigating a house as though he were the standard that people should follow.

Um, look at the big picture will you? Nickell is an investigator for CSICOP and The Skeptical Inquirer magazine. It's an organization with vested interests. Imagine what would happen if Joe Nickell could not debunk something and declared ghosts as a possible explanation. If that happened, subscribers of Skeptical Inquirer (mostly of the Randi crowd) would cancel their subscription, since CSICOP no longer represents what they believe. And the groups that fund CSICOP would drop their funding too. The organization would be done for. Thus it has a vested interest, pressure and obligation to come to certain conclusions. In other words, it has something to lose by telling the truth, if that truth is not what they are supposed to conclude. Is that what you call objectivity? LOL

Goodness gracious. You skeptics are very naive, cannot see the big picture, cannot connect the dots, and do not understand how things work in the real world.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 15 Aug 2009, 23:35

ciscop wrote:seems like you are not open to my explanation and i should be open to yours?
hahahaha sorry.. for being skeptic of malevolent spirits, you are being just as dissmisive as i am, this road is a 2 way road, fair is fair
:-(

lets forget about it :-)
i still like your stories man

i have an uncle that has a lot of experiences with ghosts
i dont care about debunking him.. i just care about the stories
i love them, for me are entertainment
i love mysterious stuff

ciscop, ummm, your thinking is again muddy and not clear. The fact is, YOUR explanation does NOT fit the facts and his experience. So why should he accept it? What are you smoking?!

Is it rational to accept explanations that don't fit all the data?

At least he acknowledges that panic attacks exist, whereas you do not acknowledge that ghosts exist.

You are merely speculating. Brett has the experience firsthand. Why are you pretending to know more than him about his own experience? Completely illogical and irrational. Mr. Spock would not do that, ever, so why do you skeptics claim you are rational then?!

You aren't making sense!
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby JasmineJAnderson » 23 Jul 2012, 23:28

We can always have a arising spirit for a better life!!!!
JasmineJAnderson

Postby Craig Browning » 25 Jul 2012, 21:31

Oi Vey!
Craig Browning

Previous

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences