derrida wrote:he could also get a book on psychology
so he could understand how memory fails us and we end up believing things that never happened on the first place.
well i would rather believe my own memory AND that of the guy i was with than any book on PSYCHOBABBLE
- why is it people can not accept these things HAPPEN ?? - if my time in the fire service taught me anything , it is that WE ALL HAVE A DAY TO DIE and if it ain't that day - then you ain't going !! - i have SEEN people in critical situations walk away from them when by all LOGIC they should have died - i have seen a whole family die in a less than 30 mph shunt ( as ascertained by expert crash investigators ) where ALL the emergency services where scratching their heads as to WHY they passed over - LOGIC dictated they should have walked away
let me state this for the benefit of sceptics and believers alike
1. the incident i described HAPPEND as described , when described , and how described - and i will stand in ANY court in the world and swear to it
2. they don't allow "crazy" people ( or those prone to delusions ) run fire stations in the UK - if one is not 100% on the ball - one does not get the job - end of
3. and i certainly DO NOT need the services of - shrinks , psychologists , psychiatrists , psychobabelists , ministers of ANY faith , exorcists , or any one else thank you .
4 I WAS THERE - you where NOT - i know
what happened - you do not
5. human LOGIC as to events like this is exactly THAT - human
logic - there are far greater forces at work in the universe than we pathetic crawling creatures , who THINK ourselves soooooooooooo superior can ever dream of - one day mark me, the human race is going to get a major wake up call and we will realise this - and it will be a TRUE insight - not any driven by self serving politicos , god botherers or whatever ( tho of course they will try to exploit it for their own selfish ends )
6. and lastly , regardless weather you think me sane , mad or somewhere in between - i AM thanks to what ever or who ever that was on that day - still here to tell the tale - may be if YOU have such an experience - you will be like me very puzzled - but never the less grateful !!
EVERYTHING happens in this existence for a REASON - if i had been killed that day ,I would not have met my late wife and been able to give her the care and love she needed in a time when SHE needed it - i would not have been able to do other things that have ( hopefully ) helped others and set them on paths in their lives and like wise EACH ACTION OR INACTION you take each day affects EVERY ONE AROUND YOU , REMEMBER THIS !! - and it ALL spreads out like a ripple on a pond - eventually in some small way affecting every being on this rock - you may not think so but it does
even my sitting here now typing this - so IS IT so hard to believe that sometimes - just sometimes EXTERNAL forces intervene to make sure that the RIGHT outcome happens ?? - heck millions of people believe in various GODS with no PROOF of their existence - do THEY get questioned as to their sanity ?? NO - they let these GODS rule their lives ? - do we question them as to WHY they let such BELEIF do this ? - NO - do we suggest they may need the help of so called EXPERTS on the human psyche ?? - NO - so WHY is it so hard to believe that some of us have "interventions " that help us /guide us or save our asses for other things ??
the question my friends . that you all need to ask yourself is WHY am i here at this time - what am i meant to achieve in my time here - and what difference will my having been here make ?? -( and i DO NOT mean materialistic gain , fame , etc - for THAT is worth nothing in the long run - if its all about personal greed ) - if you ever have a few "near misses " like i and no doubt many other emergency workers have had - and you have the brains to do so , then you too may indeed wonder if there are reasons for this type of thing happening ??