View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Two Predictions that have come TRUE!!!!

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Re: Two Predictions that have come TRUE!!!!

Postby ciscop » 07 Aug 2009, 06:59

well...
there´s is an ethics line
Teller (from penn and teller) calls them talentless scumbags
and i certainly agree..
when you are not good enought to be an entertaining performer.. you go and said you have real powers, paranormal or psychic powers.
this is a wrong thing to do, remember as a magician there´s ways to trick people, you can get information no other psychic could get and then use it in your favor.. if you do this as an effect saying you are a magician or mentalist.. i see no problem.. if you do this saying you are a psychic.. i do have a problem..
I dont remember the Psychic Entertainer author that mentions he even does ¨lectures by phone¨... which is just voulturing people.. i dont think is entertainment.. i think is being a leech.

and about the professor being a crappy magician..
i have seen his predictions many times posted on the magiccafe.. and i certainly was dissapointed because he ALWAYS waits until the event passes to said he predicted it the event (is like a magician saying.. think of a card.. then saying.. ok.. wait.. going to another room and coming back with a ¨sealed¨ envelope with that card) , i qualify that as a fail. then in another video he pulls out a gem of mentalism, a 90dollar book, describes the content and then calls it by the title ( witches almanac) before going and saying he is going to make a prediction.. this was a huuuuuuuuge erreur, is like going into a card routine and let them seeing you using a trick cards.. it just simply lame magic
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2009, 11:32

ciscop wrote:well...there´s is an ethics line
Teller (from penn and teller) calls them talentless scumbags
and i certainly agree..

Since Penn & Teller are in the business, their opinion of other magicians has merit and it's based on industry standards. However, it's still just their opinion and nothing more than that. I doubt very much that Penn & Teller would dare say that The Professor is a crappy magician if they haven't seen his act. I'm sure they can draw a pretty accurat conclusion based on other people's opinions since they are professionals (considered by many to be very high in their field) and being judged by your peers is what sets those standards.

when you are not good enought to be an entertaining performer.. you go and said you have real powers, paranormal or psychic powers.

No, when you are not good enough to be an entertaining performer, you're not very entertaining. No one hires you, you can't earn any money doing it. Not all crappy entertainers go and say they have real powers of any type, psychic or otherwise. You are saying that ALL do. Are you telling a lie? I know plenty of crappy magicians who don't claim to have psychic abilities, and they're probably a lot crappier than the person in question. I don't think you are telling lies. More like a poor choice of words to describe what you are trying to say. Simple semantics.

this is a wrong thing to do

Two wrongs don't make a right.

remember as a magician there´s ways to trick people

Isn't that the main idea? Magicians do tricks. Good magicians do good tricks. Does that mean that crappy magicians do crappy tricks? Suppose each magician does the exact same trick? The 'trick' part is not in question. A trick is a trick.

you can get information no other psychic could get and then use it in your favor..

In order to get information that no other psychic could get, you'd have to be a psychic. Correct?

if you do this as an effect saying you are a magician or mentalist.. i see no problem.. if you do this saying you are a psychic.. i do have a problem..
I dont remember the Psychic Entertainer author that mentions he even does ¨lectures by phone¨... which is just voulturing people.. i dont think is entertainment.. i think is being a leech.

So if someone is a psychic and says they are a psychic and uses good, not crappy magic, then it's ok with you? BTW, is 'voulturing' a typo for vulturing? I find no word in the dictionary spelled this way. Now so as not to bore the crap out of everyone on this forum with my rambling and nitpicking.... I agree that anyone who makes money off people by saying they have psychic abilities, when they know they don't, need to be called on their bullhockey. They can do a lot of damage the people they are misleading. But crucifying EVERY person who claims to have psychic abilitiy by making them feel like crap is just as wrong. Without giving each person who claims to have psychic ability the benefit of the doubt on an individual basis so that a skeptic can evaluate what little information that person can provide to gather more information on the topic, ain't nobody ever gonna get anywhere.

Can't those of us who believe be allowed to wait patiently for another to prove their claims without fear of being slammed in the process by skeptics? If those claims are never proved, trust me, we believers are all smart enough to figure this out. At least those of us on this forum. I can't speak for the whole world. Some of the skeptics here and a believer or two tend to bring up topics and problems from other forums that most of us don't give a rat's patootie about and don't have the background. This stuff gets thrown into the mix during conversations causing confusion. At least it confuses the heck out of me.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 07 Aug 2009, 12:25

you can get information no other psychic could get and then use it in your favor..

In order to get information that no other psychic could get, you'd have to be a psychic. Correct?

NO, not at all... lets just say there are ways.. i will go into this if i see the professor using one of these tecniques, but not before.. i condone exposing magic tricks when "psychic entertainers" use them and said they got that information throught psychic ways.

mmm...
about the crappy magicians..
i found this quote from teller

NEJS – I’ll close with this. In reading the Penn and Teller books, people who pass off magic tricks as miracles are described as “scumbags.” But there’s a lot of incentive in this world to be a scumbag, if you’re willing to do it. Look at the Psychic Friends Network. But you were directly tempted — you did seances at one time. You could have chosen to be a scumbag, but you didn’t.
Teller – Correct. I had a correct moral upbringing. (Laughs) My parents told me it was wrong to do evil. (Laughs) And so I don’t do evil. In fact, most of the really, really successful people I have encountered have not been scumbags. You become a scumbag when you can’t cut it by legitimate means. It is not the person who has all the talent of a professional sleight-of-hand artist who becomes a pickpocket. The people who have that talent become professional sleight-of-hand artists. They don’t become pickpockets, because to be a pickpocket, you don’t have to be as good. You can resort to things like stepping on the arch of the other person’s foot and beating them up while you’re picking their pocket. People of inferior abilities and inferior morality have always done wrong things. And people of quality have never been tempted by that.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2009, 19:14

Very well put sir. The Penn & Teller quote sums it up quite nicely.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2009, 23:09

NinjaPuppy wrote:Very well put sir. The Penn & Teller quote sums it up quite nicely.

Have you seen Penn and Teller's show "Bullshit"? It is one of the worst shows on investigating the paranormal out there. The guys obviously don't know anything about the paranormal, and know far less than you do. Thus they are not qualified to analyze or debunk it. Instead, the build up straw mans and find the stupidest people they know to represent paranormal believers, such as guys flaunting around in bird suits. They never tackle the serious evidence. The whole show is an insult to the intelligence.

They should stick with their magic acts and not try to be pretend to be experts in the paranormal.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ciscop » 08 Aug 2009, 23:13

hahahaha
dont get mad wu
when you have guys exposing their point of view
their show is biased and they have said it
they expose their naturalistic point of view of the world

they also go after taxes, organic food, gandhi.. is not all paranormal
the last show of penn and teller they have said it
will be a show about the bullshit of bullshit (since they have failed in some topics)

but common.. a lot of the folks talking about paranormal are just quacks
did you see the one in cryptozoology? see how easy it was to fool the cryptos with that bigfoot footage?.. a lot of the topics on paranormal go like that, sorry if they reminded you that
when paranormal stops beings paranormal it will become a science right? but right now is filled with opportunists, scam artists, bad science and a lot of naive people.

i do agree there are a lot of stuff that is unexplained
and i like those topics, but i hardly see it as science
ciscop

Postby The Professor » 28 Sep 2009, 08:39

All Three major and OPEN PREDICTIONS made BEFORE THEY HAPPENED ON OPEN FORUMS OR ON THE RADIO HAVE COME TRUE !!!!!!!!!

Read em and weep all of you Pseudo-Skeptics ... Your Ass has been had !!!!!!!

The Open Prediction about Will Ferral has come true right before your very eyes!

The Open Prediction about the Somali Pirates has come true right before your very eyes!

The Open Prediction about Broadway Calls has come true right before your very eyes! (Made on the JREF Forum itself :) )

They are on the cover of AMP magazine! A two page spread in the UK on Kerring! Great CD reviews on almost every Pop-Punk mag in the world !!!!!
All the way from a basement in a small town with only one stop light! AMAZING !!!! Just finished their tour with The Offspring.. Played Reading and Leeds festivals and is now touring Canada! Three kids from a town of less than 2,000 ... WOW!
And the Psuedo-Skeptics said it couldn't happen :)

All you can do now is SQUIRM !!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby SeanRMR » 28 Sep 2009, 09:13

But wasn't the prediction that they would get in to the top 20 on the charts by september. Just looked not there yet. Not sure how the charts work but 3 more days.
SeanRMR

Postby ciscop » 28 Sep 2009, 09:41

SeanRMR wrote:But wasn't the prediction that they would get in to the top 20 on the charts by september. Just looked not there yet. Not sure how the charts work but 3 more days.

so you have predicted stuff that anybody could see it could happen when the newstories where AN ATTACK ON THE PIRATES BY USA IS INMINENT.. you predicted it.. how convenient. how tricky.. do you even understand open predictions on mentalism?
should i bother asking you why you dont predicted 911??
nah
you restrict your powers to wishy washy predictions like your son´s rock band being on the top 20
keep voting for them on mtv dave

i am just saying
like any other trick you have done
is not impressive
even you screwed it up with self working tricks like witches almanac... i cant believe in the age of google, there are mediocre magicians showing and naming a 100 dollar book... thank you for screwing up the trick for bizarrists, you are not better than a 12 year old showing off a card trick on youtube. i wish rick wouldnt sell tricks to newbies like you.
ciscop

Postby SeanRMR » 30 Sep 2009, 12:09

Oh dear looks like the prediction is a failure here

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/top40_singles.php

not even a top 100. But the band seems to be going well and congrats to them on the other parts of their success you must be proud of them.

prediction was here http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php? ... lls&page=2

post number 66
SeanRMR

Postby ciscop » 30 Sep 2009, 14:32

SeanRMR wrote:Oh dear looks like the prediction is a failure here

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/top40_singles.php

not even a top 100. But the band seems to be going well and congrats to them on the other parts of their success you must be proud of them.

prediction was here http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php? ... lls&page=2

post number 66

hahahaha not even in the top 100??
oooh dave koenig! you have outdone yourself !!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont get me wrong
i wish your son well

and i also wish you stop calling yourself a mentalist
you are an embarrasement for the mentalism community
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 30 Sep 2009, 21:52

One of my favorite radios was the Jan 1 show where the radio hosts took the previous year's tabloids and reviewed the predictions they made. Despite using mostly predictions of the type the professor makes the predictions were wrong more than half the time!
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 30 Sep 2009, 23:22

Nostradamus wrote:One of my favorite radios was the Jan 1 show where the radio hosts took the previous year's tabloids and reviewed the predictions they made. Despite using mostly predictions of the type the professor makes the predictions were wrong more than half the time!

oh then you should get the 1st podcast of each january from skeptics guide to the universe
they do that too :-p
ciscop

Postby The Professor » 21 Apr 2010, 04:14

My predictions were 100% ... or did you forget !!!!?????
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby Nostradamus » 22 Apr 2010, 08:54

Why don't you tell us the predictions are because I forgot.
1. Tell us the prediction in full.
2. When you made it.
3. How we can verify that you made the prediction at that time.
4. When the prediction came true.
5. How we can verify the prediction.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

PreviousNext

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences