[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Whats an OBE Really Like? : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Whats an OBE Really Like?

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Whats an OBE Really Like?

Postby diddyp333 » 20 Jan 2012, 02:17

I am reading Robert Monroes book at the moment "far Journeys" im also reading "Conscious universe" by Dean radin. Both are very interesting..i find myself searching for something at the moment and cant really say i believe in any of it however there does seem some strong evidence in Deans book. After getting through about half way of Far journeys i wondered what it actually feels like to have an OBE. Whether it feels absolutley the same as real life or not...ie when im conscious i can feel myself breath,Touch things etc i know i am awake and that this is real! I wondered if anyone here has ever had an OBE what was it like and did it feel exactly like being awake! I am struggling to see whether it is like lucid dreaming or not..I myself lucid dream all the time and am able to change my dreams whenever i want..for instance if im being attacked by something suddenly i think to myself right i need to be able to defend myself and suddenly i have Neo from the Matrix style abilities..I always know its a dream though...I did have one dream though where i was following a strange Bearded man who kept running away from me who then went into a house. We were round a table and suddenly all these (for want of a better word) spirit people or ghosts kept appearing ..It really freaked me out and felt very very real although i still knew it was a dream..anyway sorry i digress! So I hope to hear if anyone has had an OBE!
diddyp333

Re: Whats an OBE Really Like?

Postby Craig Browning » 20 Jan 2012, 21:20

I've known some form of Astral Projection my whole life it would seem and from what I've been told, OBEs is quite similar just a bit more intense. The problem is however, the majority of folks that THINK they have had an OBE or that they really do travel on the Astral plane, don't! It's more akin to a dream-state and what the Rosicrucians refer to as "Mental Projection" which is more like combining our sub-conscious memory with the imagination. It can be a very powerful technique over time, when it comes to personal healing and even bringing aid to others, and it is likewise a gateway skill that can lead you towards true Astral Projection and/or Bi-Location, but such is not a daily event.

If you are curious about this sort of thing I'd recommend that you learn about Hypnosis and specifically Self-Hypnosis as well as a thing that was popular in the early 70's known as the Cristos Effect and/or Alpha Thinking. These techniques will allow you to come quite close to an OBE in a safe manner. I emphasize "safe" in that the New Age culture is filled with nut jobs that will take you for a small fortune if they know you're curious and willing to pay as you go.

EXAMPLE: When I lived in Southern California long ago I was teaching an Astral Projection workshop based partly on the same lecture notes written by Richard Webster coupled with some of my own experiences. I charged (and still charge) $45.00 per person for this 4 hour class. On the other end of this scenario was a New Age jackass based in Beverly Hills that was doing the same exact workshop (using the Webster notes) who was charging over $700.00 a head. . . the irony is, he always had students because dumb animals think if you pay more it has to be closer to the real thing :? The greater irony is that Richard Webster, a noted International author and personality in the New Age world, charges the very same tuition I do though his reputation alone would warrant a higher price.
Craig Browning

Postby diddyp333 » 20 Jan 2012, 22:21

Thanks for the reply Craig...so am I to assume that with astral travel...it really does feel real and not dreamlike!? I will check out the self hypnosis thing although my need to investigate doesn't mean I want to give it a go myself...after reading about it it seems kind of a scary thing...although skeptical for some reason I don't think I could bring myself to try and have one as you never know it might work and then I'd shit myself! The paranormal intrigues me but I have to say as sceptical as I am and as much as I read that says there is no evidence....you just don't know!...am I brave enough to try and experience it all myself...probably not coz you just don't know! ....do I want there to be psi...a life after death...obe etc...he'll yes who wouldn't! anyone who says otherwise is Lying! For now I think I'll just keep on investigating and reading until I'm brave enough to see!
diddyp333

Postby Craig Browning » 22 Jan 2012, 02:10

Initially it will feel like a dream but the more you practice and the more you do to support that kind of work, the more real and validating it will become. . . the first clue is a Clairvoyant-like ability when it comes to seeing people doing things, possibly hearing them in time (Clairaudient) and if you are really lucky you will eventually be able to touch and move things, possibly even whisper in the ear of someone in the room.

There is a famous story about a group of soldiers rescued from a Vietnamese Prison Camp the night prior to the start of the Blanket Bombings. Several of the prisoners still tell stories about the night "aliens" came and rescued them, but there is a back story to this involving a man named Anthony Penera and his study group -- They did an exercise that took them into the Astral and allowed their etheric form to be solid enough to help fifty some POWs get away from the danger -- a camp that was devastated by the bombings the very next day. I don't recall the title but one of the soldiers involved wrote a book about it, under the still held belief that it was ET & Co. in that Bro. Anthony and his team do not believe in exploiting such things for the sake of reputation and PR, it's against their ethics, I guess you could say.
Craig Browning

Postby moondancer33 » 29 Jan 2012, 04:12

moondancer33

Postby moondancer33 » 29 Jan 2012, 04:15

moondancer33

Postby Arouet » 29 Jan 2012, 05:38

Why did you post the same thing in three threads?
Arouet

Postby moondancer33 » 29 Jan 2012, 07:04

moondancer33

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences